Heligan

Londinium L1 (2012-2016) £1400

After much deliberation I’ve decided to get an LR, so here for sale is my Londinium L1 (2012-2016):

• purchased new in March 2014
  • tank version, run on soft Cornish tap water or bottled (Tesco Ashbeck or Waitrose Essential)
  • used for 2-4 drinks per day
  • well cared for

Comes with

• double spout portafilter
  • OEM basket
  • Cafelat IMS 200 shower screen designed for lever machines
  • new style 4 x 1.00mm steam wand
  • Londinium distribution tool and funnel
  • white pressure gauge (replaced original black one)
  • new anti-vac valve fitted January 2018

Seals were all changed June 2018 and checked this week.

There are the usual fine scratches you’d expect on the drip tray, and some marks on the right hand side panel. Due to where the machine usually sits in our kitchen this side isn’t on view, but you can buy a replacement side panel from Londinium if it bothers you.

I don’t want to trust this to a courier, so it’s either collection, near Truro, Cornwall, or I’m happy to drive up to Bristol/Salisbury/Southampton area to deliver/meet part way.

5 machine.jpg

1 machine.jpg

2 machine.jpg

3 machine.jpg

4 machine.jpg

Some more photos

drip tray.jpg

shower screen.jpg

portafilter.jpg

l distribution.jpg

e drip tray.jpg

You beat me to it

@Fez

Thanks for the tags! Gonna pass on this one though, it's a bit far away.

GLWS Heligan, machine looks really clean!

LR, Niche & a steady stream of beans

Thanks for the tags! Gonna pass on this one though, it's a bit far away.

GLWS Heligan, machine looks really clean!

Thanks! No problem, hope you can find one a bit nearer you.

Hi, Are you open to offers?

What figure were you thinking of? And whereabouts in the country are you?

@Heligan Are the side panels pop off or fixed with screws please?

Bezzera Strega & Niche Zero

It’s a push fit panel version

AKA Toffee chips

Are the side panels pop off or fixed with screws please?

@GerryM As coffeechap says, they are the pop-off panels, the screw-in ones were on the very early machines.

Thanks @Coffeechap and @Heligan I will give it some thought and may submit an offer later today, do you have any trips further north planned anytime soon?

@GerryM - I'm down in the South West late March. If you were to buy the Londinium - could collect for your and drop off on my way back up north.

As it happens, I've seen and pulled shots on Heligan's Londinium and can vouch that it is in perfect condition.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

@GerryM I have a trip up your way provisionally planned for the second week of March, but in the event it gets changed it sounds as though The Systemic Kid could help out.

@The Systemic Kid Thanks for your very generous offer of help, much appreciated.

@Heligan Apologies for the delay in coming back to you, I've been mulling this over and would like to make an offer to either kill or cure my ruminating.

After way too much thinking, I'd like to offer £1140 for your L1, I appreciate it's not what you've listed it for, however, I've made the offer by considering what the other one just sold for against yours which is almost three years older, I'd also want to buy a new panel as unfortunately the side that faces your wall is the side that would be on display in my kitchen (sods law).

If you can see your way to accepting I'm happy to speed things up by meeting part way along the route if that helps?

Cheers.

Gerry

@Heligan Unfortunately I'm going to withdraw my offer, I had my eye on another machine which I thought had fallen through and unexpectedly this morning I've been told it's available again so my apologies if this has wasted your time.

Your machine looks great and I'm sure it will sell soon, If there are any hiccups with the other one I will come back to you if it's not gone!

Cheers.

@HeliganUnfortunately I'm going to withdraw my offer, I had my eye on another machine which I thought had fallen through and unexpectedly this morning I've been told it's available again so my apologies if this has wasted your time.

Your machine looks great and I'm sure it will sell soon, If there are any hiccups with the other one I will come back to you if it's not gone!

Cheers.

@GerryM No problem. Your offer was too low for me to accept anyway. Good luck with the other machine.

Shameless bump....

I have the original box so could possibly look at using a courier, at buyer's cost and risk.

@Heligan On the basis that you would consider shipping, I would like to make you an offer for your L1. Would you accept £1300 inclusive of delivery to Hatfield?

@Doozerless - thanks for the offer. Just looking at shipping costs and whether I can fit everything in one box - will report back asap.

I would like to offer £1300 collected, providing that I can arrange collection. I should be able to confirm very soon if you accept my offer.

Londinium L1, Compak E8, Gaggia OWC, Kitchenaid Artisan, Bezzera BZ02, Gene Cafe.

I'd prefer collection over shipping, so I'll accept your offer of £1300 @Norvin, thank you. Shall we go to pm?

As I was still thinking about the other offer I hope this doesn't contravene any rules.

I'd prefer collection over shipping, so I'll accept your offer of £1300 @Norvin, thank you. Shall we go to pm?

As I was still thinking about the other offer I hope this doesn't contravene any rules.

Should be fine, it's in effect a better offer and you are getting more money as not having to cover the shipping yourself.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Should be fine, it's in effect a better offer and you are getting more money as not having to cover the shipping yourself.

Thanks @Mrboots2u.

This L1 is now taking pride of place in my kitchen. Very pleased with it, just as described.

Could a Mod please mark this thread as sold.

Londinium L1, Compak E8, Gaggia OWC, Kitchenaid Artisan, Bezzera BZ02, Gene Cafe.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)