Sign in to follow this  
Northern_Monkey

Gaggia Coffee Deluxe 2003, Hario Skerton grinder, 58mm tamper etc. listed sep

All sold or listed on eBay.

1. Gaggia Coffee Deluxe – 2003 – 1425W – made in Italy - now free to a good home - collected from Barking or from a central/East London tube station, supplied in a large cardboard box

Gaggia now listed on eBay.

Fully working internally but needs some bits repairing/refurbing. Could be spares or repaired, slight cracking in drip tray and small crack in the water tank (drop or two of water over a couple of days), minor rust spots by group head.

I disassembled and descaled it, cleaned the boiler base and changed the gasket before testing and emptying. Has a 58mm portafilter and chromed brass group head, similar in some parts to the classic but no solenoid valve. Would make a good first machine to see how you get on with an espresso maker.

Accessories included, chromed brass portafilter (2 hole old style), spare portafilter handle and plastic steam wand end, coffee spoon, plastic tamper, double and single non-pressurised baskets.

Now Sold:

Brass dispersion plate 58mm fits Gaggia Classic- £5 or 7 posted - Sold to catpuccino

Pressed aluminium dosing funnel - £5 posted - Sold to catpuccino - paid

Motta tamper and bottomless portafilter sold to M_H_S for £22 - paid and collected

Hario Skerton grinder - going on eBay

Edited by Northern_Monkey

I'll take the dispersion plate at asking (posted), please.

I'll take the dispersion plate at asking (posted), please.

Great, I will PM you my email address for payment and to sort out delivery.

@Northern_Monkey, does the Hario Skerton hand grinder do well for espresso out of the Gaggia? Looking for a hand grinder that will do well for a delonghi dedica ec680 that's been modded to be bottomless.

@Northern_Monkey, does the Hario Skerton hand grinder do well for espresso out of the Gaggia? Looking for a hand grinder that will do well for a delonghi dedica ec680 that's been modded to be bottomless.

It was alright with a non-pressurised basket, but that was with a standard portafilter, upping the dose and tamping quite hard. I got the bottomless portafilter at the same time as a proper electric grinder, so never spent any time dialling it with the Hario.

I would say could be OK, but better suited to moka pots, cafetière or pour over.

Would you take 20 for the portafilter and tamper collected?

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

Would you take 20 for the portafilter and tamper collected?

I would do £22 collected for the tamper and portafilter.

Hopefully doesn’t break the forum rules but for £25 I would throw in a pressed aluminium dosing funnel as well. I will get the funnel added to the original post with a separate price later on tonight.

Hopefully doesn’t break the forum rules but for £25 I would throw in a pressed aluminium dosing funnel as well. I will get the funnel added to the original post with a separate price later on tonight.

Deal on 22 pounds then. I'll pm to arrange time.

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

If you've not shipped the dispersion plate yet I could be tempted by that...

Thanks, I will PM to arrange.

If you've not shipped the dispersion plate yet I could be tempted by that...

Sorry, I posted it to you already. Yours for £5 posted? I will add a photo when I’m back at home.

No problem. Pic would be good, but provisionally sold yep.

Thanks, now sold pending payment and I have added a pic.
Sent

Ta, will let you know when it is posted.
Cheers, dispersion plate arrived today just fyi!

Bump, price reduced on the Hario Skerton.

Gaggia Deluxe now free to a good home, needs to be someone with a regular posting history.

Which version of the Skerton is this? The older type or the more recent Plus?

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Niche Zero

Brewed: Hario V60, French press

Which version of the Skerton is this? The older type or the more recent Plus?

Its the older one I believe, it doesn’t have the extra burr stabilising plate.

Its the older one I believe, it doesn’t have the extra burr stabilising plate.

Thanks for confirming -- I think I'll have to take a pass for that reason. Good luck with the sale.

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Niche Zero

Brewed: Hario V60, French press

How fine does the grinder is it capable of espresso grind? Thanks

Edited by Sam_d

Is the hand grinder capable of espresso grind? Thanks

Earlier in the thread someone asked a similar question, basically it was workable for me on non-pressurised baskets if the beans were good, then playing around with dose and grind step adjustments.

Obviously not going to be as fast, adjustable and convenient as an electric, but you wouldn’t expect that at this price point.

Sign in to follow this  

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)