If folk are interested I see Bella Barista are now showing the Minima as available to pre-order.

Is this machine one of the best bang for buck available at the present time? If not the best what is please.

I have a US spec Minima beta. I love it. It has performed flawlessly. It was a lot of bang for the buck as a beta machine, and still looks like a lot of bang for the buck in production. I don't know if it's one of the best in that category, but I'm sure happy with mine.

ACS Minima Beta, Mini Vivaldi, Casadio Enea grinder, ROC grinder, Niche Zero

Is this machine one of the best bang for buck available at the present time? If not the best what is please.

Probably

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

Probably

Thanks for the reply Dave. So with me being a newbie to espresso machines will this machine be one that will see me through a steep learning curve and beyond and without the need to update for a few years or more?

Thanks for the reply Dave. So with me being a newbie to espresso machines will this machine be one that will see me through a steep learning curve and beyond and without the need to update for a few years or more?

It’s a very good value for money, no frills E61 machine designed with a lot of input by DavecUK. I don’t think I need to say any more.

Will it be with you for a few years? Possibly. It depends. It might not be what you want. You might want to know what a machine with a rotary pump is like. You might want to know what a lever machine is like. It’s up to you, and it’s a journey. The machine will last for sure, some components will need replacing. If you take good care of it, it will last a long, long time.

Did I mention grinders?

I would think so yes.

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

Buy it, log out the forum never come back, the only way to guarantee no need to upgrade.

• Haha 1

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Haha, I did that once... but came back

Buy it, log out the forum never come back, the only way to guarantee no need to upgrade.

Haha, I did that once... but came back

6053323c918bc91513658a86af42515a.gif

__

Home: La Pavoni pre-millenium + Mazzer Major. V60 + MBK Feld2. Work: V60, Aeropress + Wilfa Svart grinder

This is the best advice you'll get @hutchys

LR, ZM

Gents anyone know of a US seller? I called 1st-line and the person I talked to in sales said they had not heard it was coming but then, "sometimes they don't tell us everything."

I would be moving up from a Gaggia Classic with an Auber PID and a Niche Zero grinder.

I would think Paolo would be the person that might know of plans for US sales. I have perhaps the only Minima in the U.S. It is a beta model that I absolutely love. I do feel there may be some differences between US spec models vs. European models due to voltage differences. Regardless I'm a very happy Minima owner.

ACS Minima Beta, Mini Vivaldi, Casadio Enea grinder, ROC grinder, Niche Zero

nvm

nvm

It could be a scam, not sure as it’s a brand new seller. More pointing out it popped up as I was asking above about US sellers.

Personally I’m going to wait for reviews etc.

It could be a scam, not sure as it’s a brand new seller. More pointing out it popped up as I was asking above about US sellers.

Thought they'd dropped the pressure gauge in the case in favour of one on the group for the production model.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Yes it's been moved to the group, at least on the version being shipped to the UK. The UK retailer Belle Barista is using the same overhead shot of the machine with the old location of the gauge. I guess they are outdated stock photos.

Just to feedback to this thread, I went ahead with the Minima in the end. I'm awaiting a new grinder before I can get the most out of the machine but I'm happy with what I've seen so far.

It's better looking than some of the photos indicate. Build quality is generally good, although the cut steel is pretty sharp in places. The drip tray seems a bit flimsy, it's not really in of itself but there doesn't appear to be a lip supporting the back edge?

I thought it might work but now I've recovered somewhat and been lurking for awhile.

Ian

Minima ma ma ma Eureka Zenith

Just to feedback to this thread, I went ahead with the Minima in the end. I'm awaiting a new grinder before I can get the most out of the machine but I'm happy with what I've seen so far.

It's better looking than some of the photos indicate. Build quality is generally good, although the cut steel is pretty sharp in places. The drip tray seems a bit flimsy, it's not really in of itself but there doesn't appear to be a lip supporting the back edge?

I think it's tricky because most of the steel you can see or feel is cut by laser (hence the protective film), it does leave a clean edge that might even feel sharp I guess, hopefully people shouldn't cut themselves on it though. You may well have to change the PID settings a little I am trying to fine tune them at the moment. For some reason the production version seems to need some slight tweaks. The steel has been doubled in thickness for the case, frame and baseplate (because asked for this. However the cup tray and top plate was left the same as in the Beta as it doesn't need to take any significant loading. Also being thinner allows a lot more leeway on fit, so that a no rattle dip ray can be achieved. Tinware is very expensive as you go for a better and better finish, but doesn't deliver any more in the cup and arguably becomes a little more fragile wearing in use. The better the finish you start with the easier it seems to start looking old. Izzo used to use a slightly satinised finish which looked the same a few years later as when new. Other manufacturers like QM used a very shiny finish that seemed to show it's age much more unless people were super careful.

The main thing is how you find it in use, I'm not sure what machine you had before, but hopefully you are finding it performs really well and produces a nice shot.

I wrote something without reading the posts above, so my post was irrelevant, so I edited it out with a "nvm" it wasn't aimed at you.

Hi all,

does anyone know if the pressure gauge should have a gasket? Mine has none and it leaks a bit of water during a backflush.

Thx

Cheers

Michael

@DavecUK

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

In fact, I see that even for a normal shot a drop or two escape from the gauge mount... Shouldn't be normal, I suppose...