thusband

Moving to England and will need green beans

We'll be moving to Somerset from Northern California in a few months and I'll need a source of green beans for my Huky. I've been using Sweet Maria's out of Oakland but it won't be practical. Whom do you folks use?

Many thanks

https://www.smallbatchroasting.co.uk/

5-10kg lots and based in Shaftsbury, Dorset so not a million miles away from your future home.

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

Welcome.

Do not forget we are on 240 volts this side of the pond, so you may need some kit to convert to a stable voltage for your roaster to be at its best?

Where about in Somerset are you moving too?

Cheers Phil

A village called Wanstrow about 6 miles outside of Frome. We just bought a home there and as soon as we get the deed I can submit my spousal visa application (my wife is the Brit). We can't wait.

Welcome (to the forum and England!) I was gonna post sooner but have no info regarding greens that hasn't already been posted.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

A village called Wanstrow about 6 miles outside of Frome. We just bought a home there and as soon as we get the deed I can submit my spousal visa application (my wife is the Brit). We can't wait.

It's a lovely part of the country and Frome is a nice town too!

Coffee Compass have a nice deal on 3kg of green beans for £20 plus postage. Good service as well. All bags well packed and labelled, they'll happily advise you on bean choice.

On 28/01/2019 at 14:09, thusband said:

Good luck! the visa application took the better part of 6 months of my life!