dfk41

Airscape Bella Barista 20% off

Might buy another one (smaller than the 1kg monster that I use daily) for some decaff for a coffee or 2 in the evenings as they are dam handy!

Sage DB - Niche - Torr 58.55 sharp edge - Osmio Zero 

Me too haha

• Like 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Quick question for anyone with the small airscape, they should hold 1/2 pound so approx 226g.

is there any give in this to squeeze in 250g?

obviously could just have a coffee or 2 out of a bag then store, just thinking of options for some decaf!

1 hour ago, truegrace said:

Quick question for anyone with the small airscape, they should hold 1/2 pound so approx 226g.

obviously could just have a coffee or 2 out of a bag then store, just thinking of options for some decaf!

250g is no problem.

• Like 1

Lelit Bianca, Niche Zero & Comandante C40 Mk3

250g is no problem.

Ace, didn’t quite need another 1kg (and the wife would of probably had something to say!)
Will get one ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting on a slate grey small ceramic, nice code, takes care of the postage.

Edited by hubcap

Hoping mine will be here today, ordered a group head brush and some of their decaf as well so I can coffee it up in the evening! 

Just received the Airscape, having seen how good they are prompted me to buy a second one.

Great service as usual fromm BB and received the next day.

Will now post an ad for my Coffee Gator's.

Put two of the Airscape Light 32oz containers in my basket on Thursday and they were accepting the code. Went back today to complete the order and code's no longer accepted.

2 minutes ago, Skizz said:

Put two of the Airscape Light 32oz containers in my basket on Thursday and they were accepting the code. Went back today to complete the order and code's no longer accepted.

I just tried it and it worked for me. Make sure you log back into your account. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Abcan said:

I just tried it and it worked for me. Make sure you log back into your account. 

Yep, that did it. Thank you. Before I hit the button, I take it the stated 32oz capacity is with the plunger and lid in place? i.e. not 32oz total container volume, reducing to 20oz with all the bits in place?

Edited by Skizz

Just ordered the 32oz jobbie.

Thought I had an account but couldn't find it, anyway made a new one and they accepted code too!

Thanks for heads up, been using sous vide bags for vacuum sealing but half of them leak from the start!

Thank you

Vesuvius, Pavoni Europiccola, Niche Zero, Feld 47, Osmio Zero.

Boom 2 for me too. Thanks

Gaggia Classic 2006 @ 9 bar. Feld 47 Travel, Motta competition 58.4 tamper

1 hour ago, Skizz said:

Yep, that did it. Thank you. Before I hit the button, I take it the stated 32oz capacity is with the plunger and lid in place? i.e. not 32oz total container volume, reducing to 20oz with all the bits in place?

Yes, that’s correct. I’ve only had mine a week. It’s excellent. 

• Like 1

And shipped already, shame the code does'nt work for espresso machines😋

On 22/01/2020 at 20:15, truegrace said:

Unlike another poster I could not get 250g of the Feb forum buy from Nottingham in. I can't remember  exactly what wouldn't go in, but it was a fair amount and I would say 226g is pretty accurate for that particular bean to totally fill the airscape and allow the lid to close all the way down.

Edited by ratty
increase info
  • Like 1

So what's the right version for 1kg coffee? I notice the 8" model is named 1 kilo but the description says it holds 1.49kg. Not looking to store 1kg at home but would like a nice container to take with me when I buy by weight without packaging e.g. from Steampunk in North Berwick.

Vesuvius + Niche Zero // V60 + MBK Aerspeed

Thanks for the discount - very happy with my slate grey airscape.

Sage Barista Express | Acaia Lunar | 200 Degrees ‘Brazilian Love Affair’ | Motta 53mm Leveller & Tamper 

Posted (edited)
On 26/02/2020 at 15:38, catpuccino said:

So what's the right version for 1kg coffee? I notice the 8" model is named 1 kilo but the description says it holds 1.49kg. Not looking to store 1kg at home but would like a nice container to take with me when I buy by weight without packaging e.g. from Steampunk in North Berwick.

Just picked this up from Amazon and there's a kg of beans in it now. (100g less as they are in the airscape but would fit in easily)

Got it at a knocked down £12.86 as it was sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L as used, but that usually means for some reason just repackaged. (Sent from Germany!)

New price is £29.99

It's sold as a marinater large 2.5l (85 fl oz)

I've been using smaller versions of these for years. The company Vacuvin is now  bought out or re-branded  as Tomorrow's Kitchen.

It's a big beast, the lid is 27 by 27cm. The base slightly smaller as it's tapered.

Took me 40 pulls on the pump to create the vacuum.

What I will do is use my small airscape day to day and when that is empty refill from 'The Beast'. So I will only have to pump the damn thing every few days 🤣

Without further ado;

big.jpg

Edited by ratty
Added info
  • Like 1

So I’ve recently purchased the slate grey 4” and today I wanted to see the maximum it could hold - maybe of interest to members.

I always purchase 250g bags of coffee when I can and as shown below it will hold 266g and still allow for the inner lid to be used and the top wooden cover lid was only slightly sitting above where it should.

After my first dial in it gave me the room to have the top lid sit properly in place.

16056366-BE97-4D2B-815E-C009961D2C6E.jpeg

1B46F0FD-62C7-454A-8FEB-C70EB4873C6E.jpeg

• Like 2

Sage Barista Express | Acaia Lunar | 200 Degrees ‘Brazilian Love Affair’ | Motta 53mm Leveller & Tamper 

Posted (edited)

I have just ordered the 7" Classic (made a mistake thinking it was ceramic) one. The logic, a larger one can store less and a smaller cannot take more than 266 g as mentioned. The Ceramic was out of stock.

Thanks for the code @dfk41   ! 

Edited by John Yossarian

Nothing succeeds as planned.

ACS Vesuvius, Nuova Simonelli Apia I 1 gr, San Remo 1 gr., Bezzera BZ35e, Fracino Heavenly, Saeco Via Veneto Combi de Luxe, Mythos Plus Nuova Simonelli, Anfim Super Lusso, Cunill Space, Gene Cafe

I have just got it today. Very well packed at BB and such an excellent addition. I never suspected one can degas the canister so well. 

Nothing succeeds as planned.

ACS Vesuvius, Nuova Simonelli Apia I 1 gr, San Remo 1 gr., Bezzera BZ35e, Fracino Heavenly, Saeco Via Veneto Combi de Luxe, Mythos Plus Nuova Simonelli, Anfim Super Lusso, Cunill Space, Gene Cafe

These Airscape containers, do people get two, one for the beans you are using and a bigger one to store unopened beans? Or are unopened beans fine in their bags until opened?

I am using a MagicCafe atm, is the Airscape worth a £30 investment over that?

Sage Barista Express.

I use the small airscape for the beans I'm using for the next  few days and use the larger "Tomorrow's Kitchen" vacuum containers found on Amazon, for longer term storage.

They have different sizes, the best for beans is the one that holds 500g costs £20, and the one to hold easily a kilo, costs £29.99.

I find these great, although the larger one takes a lot of pumps to expel the air.

I use these after degassing in the beans original bags.