MildredM

Cruddy Piston Anyone?!!

toothpaste is a good agent for bringing the condition of the brass up.

protip!

Baseline: Bodum Arabica French Press, Pact pre-ground // Gotta start somewhere!

June-18: Gaggia Classic (2007) w/usual refinements; VST basket; Fiorenzato F5 w/lens hood mod.

Sep-18: Espro Ultralight Travel Press // Not cheap, but worth every cent.

Oct-18: ACS Minima Beta, Niche Zero. Pullman 18g basket & Big Step // Livin' the dream

Dang. It's mostly about beans, and consistency.

Cleaned mine this morning for the first time. As those previously have said barely any crud on the piston. Staining of the brass puck end and a little around the white plastic seal. Cleaned and regreased. Super smooth. Hadn’t realised it had got a bit creaky. Now waiting for it to heat up. No need for seal replacement still relatively supple. Will order a spare set when I place the order for the digital module.

Edited by Lefteye
Spelling

Londinium R, Hg-one, button tamper, vst,ims,V60,siphon,aeropress...and still no idea

I am waiting for the silicone seals from cafelat - curious as to how they perform.

Out of interest how much was a set of cafelat? And was it from them direct? Was checking on the londinium site and could only see a service set which has things I don’t need.

Londinium R, Hg-one, button tamper, vst,ims,V60,siphon,aeropress...and still no idea

Oh and also a tip if you decide to use cif on the shower screen clean it well afterwards. I’ve just had a cif flavoured flush :yuk:

Oh and also a tip if you decide to use cif on the shower screen clean it well afterwards. I’ve just had a cif flavoured flush :yuk:

Would that be lemon??

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Out of interest how much was a set of cafelat? And was it from them direct? Was checking on the londinium site and could only see a service set which has things I don’t need.

I got the whole set with a shower screen and portafilter gasket, so that was around £38. I figured that it was easier to justify $6.5 shipping fee that way.

The set I ordered including the cafelat lever shower screen and the shower screen gasket was £37 delivered.

For just the piston gaskets you're looking at £18 including delivery.

Mine were delivered in less than 7 days from HK.

Sage Duo Temp Pro and Mazzer Super Jolly (Doserless Mod) | Espresso Addict!

Sadly not. The new smell is horrible it’s been in boiling after now for 30 mins and when a shot is pulled the smell has nearly gone. Not going to do that again.

Posted (edited)

Was he servicing your lever machine here @MildredM ?

(Be sure to swipe through all the images on instagram

Edited by cambosheff

Oh Lordy!!!!! Bleugh!!!!!!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

I nearly lost my lunch

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

IMG_0503.jpg

Since 2018 November - not too bad!

I didn’t replace the seals, so only cleaned the bore and piston. The latter is much more difficult than I thought as there’s few grooves! A toothbrush certainly made it easier.

IMG_0505.jpg

The lever action is so pleasant!

Thanks @TheSystemicKid for the video on YouTube, certainly made it easier.

• Like 2

Also did the same last weekend with the help of @TheSystemicKid video. Right at 15 months from purchase which is well in line with Reiss's prediction. Simple enough had I not let the scalpel slip and slice my finger.. what a muppet20190602_213659.jpg20190602_224002.jpg

• Like 2

LR - EK43S; Ceado E37S; Aergrind; Comandante MK3 - Syphon & V60 - patience

I don’t Like you cut yourself though 😲

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

That’s gross
4c30b963e2c29d8a8c83a68408c38701.jpg

• Haha 1

🤢🤢🤮

That's horrible!!!

Btw what do people use to clean round the seals if they're not replacing them? 

Also I really struggled to get the bolts off last time, think a better Allen key would work much better. Does anyone know off hand which size I need?

LR, ZM

4mm

As for cleaning, a wipe with kitchen roll before light regressing here.

• Thanks 1

Not looking too bad here after . . . I don’t know? 4 months or something.

A97296A8-F590-4948-9D0A-7641D0B73AB0.jpeg

A bit dry/grease-less if anything ;)

That reminds me, I think mine is due for a check up! 

• Like 1

LR, ZM

I think it's been about 3 months. Piston wasn't looking bad at all.

The shower screen on the other hand 🙈 yes the knife slipped!

IMG_20190915_194014.jpg

IMG_20190915_194038.jpg

• Like 2

LR, ZM