ajohn

Anyone come across this method of supplying beans?

This came on a grinder that I had to take away with my when I bought a machine. The grinder is fitted with and adapter to screw it into.

BeansInCan.jpg

;) Seems 3 generations have passed their slow roasting method down from father to son.

Can's dated use by mid 2012, 2kg of beans and the grinder looks like it has not been used since. San Remo's version of a super jolly.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A,. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

SageBanner_v01.jpg.a45786743a4eb401969788b45ae7f893.jpg

It’s common in commercial environments, the supplier supplies in larger cans that hold say 3 kgs, the supplier gets the free advertising from the side of the can

AKA Toffee chips

Yeah I've seen big tins of Illy on top of Mazzers in those traditional Italian greasy spoon cafes in London.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

The can comes from the Netherlands - Algra Mocca D'Or Breda BV. Looks to be this lot

https://www.moccador.nl/

;) Biggest problem for me is the grinder. The exit from the grind chamber differs from some - more like a Robur. Might find myself cleaning it up to see if the change makes any difference,

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A,. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

SageBanner_v01.jpg.a45786743a4eb401969788b45ae7f893.jpg

Illy once came up with this ages ago. For the longest tume, however, their logo would sit upside down once can was locked onto grinder. Believe they changed that only a couple years back, but may be wrong... around here it's a pretty common sight. I always thought of it as very practical and ingenious logo placement - no need for extra POS material. Quite smart!

Similar to AMBULANCE spelt in reverse on the front of Ambulances so when one is behind you, viewed in your mirrors it is spelt in the correct way.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Posted (edited)
Similar to AMBULANCE spelt in reverse on the front of Ambulances so when one is behind you, viewed in your mirrors it is spelt in the correct way.

Jon.

Aha, I always thought the guy that designed the front of ambulances was dyslexic...So if ones coming towards you from the front you cant read it and if it's coming from behind, then it's spelt OK. Perhaps they should have put both versions. If fact what if they renamed ambulances to Health and national Nationwide Ambulance Help...then you could have HANNAH on the front and rear. It would then always read OK wouldn't it?

HANNA.JPG

Edited by DavecUK

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

So if Illy had only had the foresight to spell their name illi all that bother about reversing the print on the tin could've been avoided!

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

So if Illy had only had the foresight to spell their name illi all that bother about reversing the print on the tin could've been avoided!

___

Eat, drink and be merry

IIII

Nailed it!

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Wouldn't it still be upside down though?

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

Wouldn't it still be upside down though?
Hahaha spoilsport! I hope it's the Illy tin and not the ambulance you're referring to

___

Eat, drink and be merry