Is everyone ready for the reveal?

Definitely - put us out of our misery.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Cracking espresso this morning, 18:39 @ 30". Stone fruit, tempered with a touch of honeycomb. Strangely, less of the funk than before. Was going to make a flat white with it but ended up sipping it straight.

I'll throw my hat into the ring with Costa Rica honey process.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Is everyone ready for the reveal?
Haven't even opened mine yet! I have a hunch from others tasting notes so will be more than happy to make a blind guess if you want to reveal sooner.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Only opened mine this afternoon due to being away and having a ton of yummy foundry from the Christmas throwdown to get through. Have a rotten cold so I could only taste sweetness, which was lovely. Can’t wait to taste them properly.

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

14.3g into 250g Manchester tap in an aeropress. 225g in stir top up to 250 start pressing at 1m22 all done by 1m35. Peaches and Lychees and definitely not a washed, so going for a Natural possibly some fermentation and guessing now, Chinese (if not then definitely an El Salvador :) )

Different waters definitely changing the taste.

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 113Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

Cherry and chocolate for me. Maybe a hint of peach (which used to be lemonish notes). Hard to define but the cherry was more like dark grapes.....

My favoured recipe is 18 into 36. 93 degrees, 36 seconds.

As for my guess

Rwanda Natural.

Another rip-roaring LSOL. Thanks

Cherry and chocolate for me. Maybe a hint of peach (which used to be lemonish notes). Hard to define but the cherry was more like dark grapes.....

My favoured recipe is 18 into 36. 93 degrees, 36 seconds.

As for my guess

Rwanda Natural.

Another rip-roaring LSOL. Thanks

Similar to me actually, know what you mean about the lemon notes at the beginning, but was definitely cherry and chocolate this morning. Funk has dulled slightly, but still loving it!

Left mine at home so going through some others at my gf’s, but @thesystemickid made a great flatty yesterday when I paid a flying visit.

I’m going with what I think is too obvious (for me anyway) and will say a natural Ethiopian (due to massive strawberry smell), possibly Rocko Mountain :rolleyes:

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Back on this after a break in to some hasbean and dark stuff I got for Christmas.

Just finished a V60 which was all lush red fruits still with a jasmine like floral whiff. Such a good brew this.

Got to guess an Ethiopian, perhaps honey process.

Big Reveal Time!

Rwanda Huye Mountain Natural

Key Stats

Altitude: 1600-2300 metres above sea level

Preparation: Natural

Varietal: Red Bourbon

Owners: David Rubanzangabo

Flavours: Macerated Strawberries | Peach | Cream

From Hols at North Star

‘We are so happy to have this coffee available following my trip to Rwanda in August 2018 as part of the Cup of Excellence jury. As you will know, that competition means a week of tasting hundreds of coffees that score at least over 86 out of 100 so quality is a given… this coffee was actually discovered following a chance cupping during a visit to Huye Mountain – a coop I have worked with since 2014 during my days as a buyer for Falcon Specialty. Falcon are the direct partner for export of coffees from Huye Mountain which have achieved global fame thanks to being featured in the 2015 ‘A Film About Coffee’ and scooping numerous awards in past Cup of Excellence competitions. After a week of tasting high acidity washed coffees, this funky natural number really grabbed my attention and I knew right then and there I had to secure some for us! Rwanda is a producing country generally celebrated for complex, juicy and clean washed coffees and has only in the past couple of years started to venture into honeys and naturals – the early examples we cupped swayed a little too far into ferment territory for me so it was a real delight to discover something so clean but with so much of that natural funk and character, we very much hope to make this a staple coffee in our offering year on year.’

I believe we had some correct guesses so well done those people. This has been one of my favourite coffees we've featured for a long time! So juicy and delicious with ever changing flavour ntoes

From North Star's website:

Perfectly clean with an incredible amount of character and amazing sweetness.

We get something different almost every time we cup this coffee but the dominating flavours are macerated strawberries and cream, a fruit bomb gratefully received in the midst of winter – Murakoze Huye Mountain!

Just a reminder there will be no February LSOL while we take stock (and Daren sorts out his flippin' spreadsheet). Look for subscription renewal info towards the end of Feb.

Cheers all :D

Really liked this one, Rwandan Natural was my December guess so was nearly there ;)

Have been away a fair bit since the delivery but have had some fantastic espresso and V60 from these guys. Seemed to be pretty forgiving in espresso in the first 10 days, looking forward to finishing them off!

Now in the delightful position of deciding which roaster to fill February with - going to return to one of the LSOL roasters from last year but spoilt for choice!

Niche Zero || Feld2 || Aergrind

Profitec Pro 500 PID || Acaia Lunar

Kalita Wave || V60 || Aeropress || Clever Dripper || French Press

Really liked this one, Rwandan Natural was my December guess so was nearly there ;)

Have been away a fair bit since the delivery but have had some fantastic espresso and V60 from these guys. Seemed to be pretty forgiving in espresso in the first 10 days, looking forward to finishing them off!

Now in the delightful position of deciding which roaster to fill February with - going to return to one of the LSOL roasters from last year but spoilt for choice!

If you fancy another Rwandan then CHC has the Gitwe which is also a naturally processed. Very juicy and possibly sweeter than the Huye.

We've also got discount codes for Triple Co, CHC, Good Coffee Cartel and I think Outpost but I'm not sure I have all of those codes to hand.

Also travelling and briefly trying to make coffee with the hard tap water at my parents has given me a new found appreciation of the importance of water!!

Must explain why some months some of us have very different experiences - obviously preferences and taste buds major factors also - but I will be experimenting with water next time I'm not getting on with a bean! In the meantime really missing Edinburgh tap water (though admittedly far from perfect I'm sure)

We've also got discount codes for Triple Co, CHC, Good Coffee Cartel and I think Outpost but I'm not sure I have all of those codes to hand.

If you stumble across any they'd be very gratefully received, though I've only been around since May so only eligible for Triple / CHC!

Have been wanting to try Good Coffee Cartel for ages (I'm a sucker for the packaging) but think going back to L&S to try their Ato is my current most likely!

Was there a code for L&S? I dunno where I put my GCC one!

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II // Macap MXD //

Was there a code for L&S? I dunno where I put my GCC one!
I might be able to find the GCC one as I PMed it to some people so it should be in my sent items. PM me if you want this code and I'll send it on. Their coffee comes in awesome tins that I refill with whatever I'm drinking

I've found the GCC one and the CHC one. I'm currently trying to persuade Long and Short to sort us out with a discount code also so will report back.

PM me if you want any of those.

Setting the Sage up at my gf's and knocked this one out..

46023656105_00a53b5124_c.jpg

Needs some tweaking but is certainly better than the stuff she brings home (well, not tried the Colombian San Agustin that's just been roasted for Harrods..)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Big Reveal Time!

Rwanda Huye Mountain Natural

Key Stats

Altitude: 1600-2300 metres above sea level

Preparation: Natural

Varietal: Red Bourbon

Owners: David Rubanzangabo

Flavours: Macerated Strawberries | Peach | Cream

From Hols at North Star

I believe we had some correct guesses so well done those people. This has been one of my favourite coffees we've featured for a long time! So juicy and delicious with ever changing flavour ntoes

From North Star's website:

Just a reminder there will be no February LSOL while we take stock (and Daren sorts out his flippin' spreadsheet). Look for subscription renewal info towards the end of Feb.

Cheers all :D

Looks like my hunch was correct (see photo)!

Glad I didn't inadvertantly spoil the reveal.3e960dfd1a33cc3e2291de04f038a4d6.jpg

I finally got myself some Deeside and also cleaned my grinder and oh my...this coffee is still tasting fantastic.

Sweet and juicy but lacking the turbo-powered redcurrants I was getting initially.

Just enjoying one of the last few aeropresses I've got let of this. Funkadelic as it cools (well it's nearly cold now!) Really enjoyed this, predictably!

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

As it has aged, enjoying it more as espresso - lovely rich creamy mouthfeel with lots of fruit.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Only got 70g left so I can't start sproing it again! Lush brewed though.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

How are people's freezer beans explorations going? I've only got some of the Cartwheel Ethiopian left in the freezer, which is a bit old now.