Day 3 and espresso has calmed down lots. The acidity is still there but the full on cherry flavour that overpowered it has reduced.

A fruity bean with cocoa as the drink cools down

a grinder a lever and some beans

Flat white - dark chocolate with light acidity. 18grms > 37grms 35secs.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Flat white - dark chocolate with light acidity. 18grms > 37grms 35secs.

No funk at all? Maybe coarsen it up a bit!

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II // Macap MXD //

No funk at all? Maybe coarsen it up a bit!

Don't think opening up the grind would provide the funk given the extraction time I got - had intended going down to cortado to cut percentage of milk to see if that was blocking out any flavour notes. Funk, i.e. natural process, is present in pour over.

Don't think opening up the grind would provide the funk given the extraction time I got - had intended going down to cortado to cut percentage of milk to see if that was blocking out any flavour notes. Funk, i.e. natural process, is present in pour over.

I’m doing 18g - 36g in about 30 seconds and getting really stone fruity notes, almost strawberry like. If I go longer (35-37secs) it goes away.

Drinking as a flat white. There’s plenty of banging fruit in a milk based drink with this roast.

Funk, i.e. natural process, is present in pour over.

Getting it in espresso too. Not mad funk but its there

Slight funk in clever dripper but overall nice, clean with pleasing acidity. Honey process?

cut percentage of milk to see if that was blocking out any flavour notes. Funk, i.e. natural process, is present in pour over.

Cut percentage milk to 0% and be happy :D

Just opened them and thought 'Wow. Big hit of Strawberries...' Not another Yirg.. :rolleyes:

18g into 38.4g in 35 seconds...

Need to adjust a little (going straight into full pressure with auto preinfusion). Lost the strawberry flavour I thought I'd be getting from the smell, may grind finer and manual preinfuse to see what happens.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Will give it a go.

What grinder are you using? I'm about 1 O'Clock on the Turkish burrs.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

What grinder are you using? I'm about 1 O'Clock on the Turkish burrs.

EK43S, Rhys - approx 2 o'clock with SSP burrs. That said, 1 o'clock would be my start point on the Turkish burrs.

Just opened them and thought 'Wow. Big hit of Strawberries...'

Just on cup 1, day 4 and it is all strawberries now. Natural processing is showing itself more too

Day 1, brew 1. Certainly some funk, but more chicken shack than full farmyard. Really well balanced with sweet citrus notes (not getting the strawberries). Think I’ll tighten the grind just a little to see how that changes things.

Edited by Gerrard Burrard

Day 1, brew 1. Certainly some funk, but more chicken shack than full farmyard. Reallywell balanced with sweet citrus notes (not getting the strawberries). Think I’lltighten the grind just a little to see how that changes things.

My last pour was a little fast

16 in 32 out in about 26 seconds

Went coarser for espresso - 18grms > 36grms - 10sec pre-infusion - shot completed in 32secs. Drank as cortado - pleasant acidity and tropical fruits but no strawberry. Strange, as the grinds gave off a heady strawberry odour.

Went coarser for espresso - 18grms > 36grms - 10sec pre-infusion - shot completed in 32secs. Drank as cortado - pleasant acidity and tropical fruits but no strawberry. Strange, as the grinds gave off a heady strawberry odour.

Funny. My first shot was “woah, strawberry!” (7 days post roast), but as time has gone on, that’s died down and now I’m getting more stone fruits. More chocolate like notes coming in too.

This bean is confusing me.

This morning, mythos almost empty of beans, pour a bit faster (16-32 in 26 secs) and now much more peach than strawberry

Lots of different flavours, all very drinkable

First try today of these, straight spro. 18=>38g 38secs.

Choc, slight acidity, definite red fruit, more like cranberry than strawberry to me

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Interestingly North Star offer a heap of taste descriptors for this coffee but I'm told you aren't suppose to get all of these at once, instead they are meant as a sort of guide to what you might expect as this coffee ages and de-gases post roasting.

I haven't had a single "meh" cup of this. It's just all tasty tasty goodness woohoo with definitely a changing flavour profile. Let's see where we go next :D

Interestingly North Star offer a heap of taste descriptors for this coffee but I'm told you aren't suppose to get all of these at once, instead they are meant as a sort of guide to what you might expect as this coffee ages and de-gases post roasting.

I haven't had a single "meh" cup of this. It's just all tasty tasty goodness woohoo with definitely a changing flavour profile. Let's see where we go next :D

That sounds about right to me, this is definitely changing a lot as it’s de gassing. I preferred it 6-7 days post. I feel like I’m back to grinding for la cabra beans - they need quite a lot of tweaking from one day to the next.

Had 2 flat whites this morning (16/32 37 secs) it was fine but didn’t love it. Subsequently had 2 FPs (Hoffman method 15/250 2+6 Feldgrind, 4 mins brew, skim then further 10 mins in insulated press). Amazing and delicious. Definitely strawberry nose, less so in taste but plenty of sweet fruit and clean finish.

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

Perfect V60 this morning.

2+6 on feld

20g in

40g/40 second bloom

60g every 20 seconds

3.10 total draw down

If I’m honest this is the first time I’m actually getting a fruit flavour in coffee.

I’m definitely getting strawberries and I would say it’s like a strawberry sweet flavour.

A lovely tasting coffee.

I've had about half the bag of this now and I've enjoyed them all very much. I agree with the flavour descriptors people have posted so far. My own notes at the moment are strawberry jam, black grape and a creamy finish. Its pretty bold so I suspect its a natural. As for its origin, coffes from Rwanda and Burundi seem to be in season at the moment so I'd pick one of those.

Agree with what's gone before...but just to add this seems to have got better and better over time...had some great espressos at the weekend using my Cafelat Robot which can be tricky with tje lighter roasts.

But crowning glory was in the Clever this morning. Natural process notes coming through....but that funk is balanced by a real nice smoothness...basically I could guzzle this down as brewed.

I am going to copy @Elcee a bit but vary location slightly for a natural from DR Congo.

Can't wait for the reveal now..