Deeez Nuuutz

Looking at buying a Synchronika...

Just to get you away why not remove the pin on the lid (If that helps) and pop something over to prevent anything entering the reservoir.

I'm working through a mountain of mail at the moment.

Jon.

Thanks. Still no way of getting a bottle anywhere close tbh. I’ve got less than 2” clearance under the cupboard.

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Glad it's looking good! You could consider a flojet to mimic plumbing in, if you're able to hide the bottle and flojet under the counter?

I could hide whatever under the cupboard yes as it’s just on a counter and there is nothing underneath.

How big is it and what exactly do I need? So you have a link?

I’m useless at this sort of stuff tbh so appreciate any help. :)

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

I could hide whatever under the cupboard yes as it’s just on a counter and there is nothing underneath.

How big is it and what exactly do I need? So you have a link?

I’m useless at this sort of stuff tbh so appreciate any help. :)

Are you in Thatcham or am I imagining it?

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Are you in Thatcham or am I imagining it?

:) Yes I’m in Thatcham. Why would you be imagining it? lol

Alternatively you could, space available, put a reservoir in the cupboard above, the pump does not require much 'Head', if you did that you could get a small amount of pre-infusion, mounting a reservoir externally is on my 'todo' list even though I have plenty of clearance above the machine, although not to hand but reasonably easy to get a mains supply to my coffee area, the messing with filters and waste does not appeal, there's still the plastic impact.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

:) Yes I’m in Thatcham. Why would you be imagining it? lol

Haha, well it could be somebody completely different from Thatcham!

Was just thinking that I could show you one sometime, though the timing is a bit off for me with a baby boy due any day.

This was the cheapest I found a flojet - https://www.shopcoffee.co.uk/product/cleaning-filtration/water-filtration/flojet/flojet-plus-bottled-water-pump/

I use it with a 2 group and so I also bought an accumulator because it was running the flojet fairly often and water pressure varied a little whilst it was running. I think that having it with a one group you might be able to just use the flojet.

Coffee hit give a good idea of what's needed - https://www.coffeehit.co.uk/flojet-plus-bottled-water-pump.html and they actually dropped the price a little I think so the extra connectors etc. they provide might make them better value (but I haven't compared precisely)

Alternatively you could, space available, put a reservoir in the cupboard above, the pump does not require much 'Head', if you did that you could get a small amount of pre-infusion, mounting a reservoir externally is on my 'todo' list even though I have plenty of clearance above the machine, although not to hand but reasonably easy to get a mains supply to my coffee area, the messing with filters and waste does not appeal, there's still the plastic impact.

Thanks for the suggestion but cupboard space above the machine is at an absolute premium! My mrs already says I’m taking over everything and I’ve got all my coffee nerdyness in that cupboard atm lol

Don’t think I’ll be allowed anymore cupboard space than I already have.

Was just thinking that I could show you one sometime, though the timing is a bit off for me with a baby boy due any day.

This was the cheapest I found a flojet - https://www.shopcoffee.co.uk/product/cleaning-filtration/water-filtration/flojet/flojet-plus-bottled-water-pump/

I use it with a 2 group and so I also bought an accumulator because it was running the flojet fairly often and water pressure varied a little whilst it was running. I think that having it with a one group you might be able to just use the flojet.

Coffee hit give a good idea of what's needed - https://www.coffeehit.co.uk/flojet-plus-bottled-water-pump.html and they actually dropped the price a little I think so the extra connectors etc. they provide might make them better value (but I haven't compared precisely)

Thanks. Understand you’re busy with everything up in the air with a little one on the way.

How do you rate these Flojet systems? Are they reliable?

I’m planning on connecting my ECM and grinder to a extension lead that will be plugged into the mains via a WiFi switch so I can turn everything on remotely so it’s up to temperature for when I arrive home etc. Is it suitable to also connect this Flojet to that extension lead and having it switching on and off etc along with everything else?

Can you control the pressure? ie, Can I set it at the required 2bar for line pressure pre-infusion? (I think it’s 2bar that I need for that or is it lower?).

I use Waitrose Lockhills. I assume this is the best water to use if going this route?

Btw, where do you live? I assume you’re quite close to me?

Appreciate any help! :)

How do you rate these Flojet systems? Are they reliable?

It seems good. I run a pop-up coffee shop, so I move it around a lot and have used it for about 18 months so far. The only problem I had was with the plug wire but I think that was from packing and unpacking (the flex got damaged) the actual flojet seems to have not missed a beat. I bought a cheaper similar thing for my pitcher rinser and that one doesn't seem as robust to me (though touch wood it's working at the moment).

I’m planning on connecting my ECM and grinder to a extension lead that will be plugged into the mains via a WiFi switch so I can turn everything on remotely so it’s up to temperature for when I arrive home etc. Is it suitable to also connect this Flojet to that extension lead and having it switching on and off etc along with everything else?

I would assume that would work, because it has the kind of switch you could just leave turned on but I'm not massively technical so I can't guarantee (even though I can't think of anything) that you wouldn't run into something in future :-)

Can you control the pressure? ie, Can I set it at the required 2bar for line pressure pre-infusion? (I think it’s 2bar that I need for that or is it lower?).

You can't control the pressure from the flojet itself. I'm not clear exactly what pressure it would end up if you just connect to the machine. The only thing I found mentioning pressure, was under specifications "max pressure: 40 PSI (2.8lbs)". I've seen that with installing a machine to connect to water supply it's possible to fit a regulator if the pressure is too much, I assume that could work with this if it seems high to start with but others may know more?

I use Waitrose Lockhills. I assume this is the best water to use if going this route?

You could certainly still use that water, the wand is big though so I you'd have to pour from those bottles into a bigger container. I'll double check but from memory it's too big for 5 litre bottles.

Btw, where do you live? I assume you’re quite close to me?

Bramley, Hampshire - about 30 minutes from Thatcham.

The only problem I had was with the plug wire but I think that was from packing and unpacking (the flex got damaged) the actual flojet seems to have not missed a beat. .

I thought that jogged my memory, as I recall I enquired as to the plug diameter ?, as there a slight difference with some, I managed at the time to drop onto one that would have been suitable are you fixed up ?.

Deeez Nuuutz

Looks as though you have help close by --- I use a WiFi plug on mine, by the time my eyes are fully open, its all ready to brew.

Jon

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Haha! The other one would’ve been me!

I thought that jogged my memory, as I recall I enquired as to the plug diameter ?, as there a slight difference with some, I managed at the time to drop onto one that would have been suitable are you fixed up ?.

Deeez Nuuutz

Looks as though you have help close by --- I use a WiFi plug on mine, by the time my eyes are fully open, its all ready to brew.

Jon

Excellent news! I’ve got a couple of those Meross WiFi plugs on order. :)

I can’t find the answer anywhere but can someone tell me what tube and size of tube I need to connect to the drip tray for drainage?

I can’t find the answer anywhere but can someone tell me what tube and size of tube I need to connect to the drip tray for drainage?

Without going through the box a guesstimate is 3/8th, go by the kit that comes with the machine, it has a tail on it.

Jon.

Without going through the box a guesstimate is 3/8th, go by the kit that comes with the machine, it has a tail on it.

Jon.

The only tube that came with it is the direct water supply braided hose. No tubing was supplied for the drip tray drainage.

Jon.

OK .. Been to the back of the garage and located the plastic box that sits under the drip tray (Optional tray or drain) and the pipe you'll need is 12mm/ 1/2" ID....

Jon.

They are unlikely to supply flexi pipe as the quantity if required is down to your requirements, the cold water feed supplied assumes at best you have an isolated water supply point near your machine.

Jon.

OK .. Been to the back of the garage and located the plastic box that sits under the drip tray (Optional tray or drain) and the pipe you'll need is 12mm/ 1/2" ID....

Jon.

Thanks Jon! Appreciated :)

Thanks Jon! Appreciated :)

I'm a tad miffed though as I'd thought we had left some of our coffee stuff at t'other place so I re-ordered scales, thermometers, blow me if they were not in the box when I looked for the drain attachment, you should have had this query 24hrs ago :D:D:D.

Keep us up to speed with your intentions, pumped, mains and the like.

Merry Xmas ..... Jon.

Well already tired of spinning the machine around on a small counter to refill the reservoir, so today I ordered a FloJet with a 25ltr water bottle. It’ll be here tomorrow.

I’m sure I was able to make more drinks with my Sage Dual Boiler between refills :)

One or two pics

72e1cc6a3c79f7f15cbb00ea18f6d56a.jpg

4cd831b64f65664032ec6ed6dd461113.jpg

9de682c1a52603b04b95c5d20a1952b6.jpg

e19e41715fd71cceddabcf5caa345b53.jpg

e39de5147c80b9f95af1b2649456f79d.jpg

9ba0791e3d03c10d963f07ea5f0b766a.jpg

073aa4771e573d27dcff097d7486f585.jpg

a75b131267b1bb23a94cfaf77b30568b.jpg

^^^^^^ like, like, like!!! It’s great :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Enjoy!

Well I’ve got the Flojet all connected up but I’ve hit a bit of a problem where the Flojet is pulsing and the pressure gauge is fluctuating when pulling a shot. I didn’t expect this.

I have tried increasing the length of 3/8” tubing in a hope to increase the buffer reservoir between the Flojet and the ECM but it’s still pulsing.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can cure this?

Well I’ve got the Flojet all connected up but I’ve hit a bit of a problem where the Flojet is pulsing and the pressure gauge is fluctuating when pulling a shot. I didn’t expect this.

I have tried increasing the length of 3/8” tubing in a hope to increase the buffer reservoir between the Flojet and the ECM but it’s still pulsing.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can cure this?

Not familiar with the system, but is there an accumulator in the system for stored pressure, is there a differential setting, what do the instructions indicate ?.

You've switched over on the machine ?.

Jon.

Edited by xpresso
more info