Sign in to follow this  
El carajillo

Unusual fault / problem- verona

switched the machine on the other day to prepare for making coffee, power light on NO PID light ?? I am sure I filled the water tank:confused::confused:. Yes I had. I have had this problem before and it took a lot of finding, this time I had a good idea where to look. The float in the water tank had sunk again, this happened again today, same problem.

I have had the float out sever times to check for leaks and no leaks or problems with it.

I now have a short length of bronze welding rod with the tip bent at 90 deg, I just hook it under the float and lift it up upstarts the machine. It does not sink again but has done this on 3 occasions :whistle::confused:.

Has anyone else come across this problem ?

If your machine does not fire up and it has a float arrangement in the tank, check this first, could save you some expense.

Must be water in the float or a leak surely? I'd hook that float out and check it super carefully.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Grubby residue at the hinge/mechanism to electronics?

Just a thought, I know SFA.

Not had this problem before but will keep it in mind if it ever does happen

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Mythos and loving it

Tampers: Reg Barber flat 58.35

Grubby residue at the hinge/mechanism to electronics?

Just a thought, I know SFA.

Thank's for the thought but there isn't a hinge, quite a simple affair.

I have had the float out several times and examined it minutely, no damage , moisture or water inside and it has been fine for several months until the other day and again today ?

Does the water tank warm up any (if left on for a while) where the float sits enough to open up aminute hole in the float ?

It is separated from the boilers but it does get warm. But why would it be so intermittent over such a long period ?

I have known it happen after I tipped a bottle of water in rather rapidly. I did then wonder if the buoyancy was so finely balanced that the movement or temperature was the cause but there is no consistency.

I had even considered static between its surround and the float causing it to stick to the side .:confused::confused:

I know what you are saying ^^^

But I have had carburettor float that look fine put it back and forth several times , then change it and all is well .. Different I know ..

The only other thing I thought could there be a slight distortion in the tube the float runs in which catches the float at a certain height or temp when the water level is low . When you fill it up it sticks without you noticing it hasn’t risen ..

It is a round tubular float with a two sided metal sleeve containing it in a corner, it is not a close fit at all.

Just looked it up and seen a picture of it on Clive Coffee , it would appear yours is a known problem on there ..

Did it say what the cause was or anything about it ?

Not sure it helps.......

.he water tank magnet is not being sensed: Verify that the magnet in the bottom of the water tank is not floating away from the wall of the water tank, which can cause the machine to not be able to sense it. You ideally want the magnet float against the wall of the tank. This can be accomplished with something long and slim, like a zip tie or a knife.

Screenshot_2018-05-10-14-46-07-1.jpgScreenshot_2018-05-10-14-45-51-1.jpg

The water tank is sitting too far away from the wall of the machine: Similarly to the magnet floating too far away from the sensor, the actual water tank itself may be sitting too far from the inner wall of the machine. Again, this will cause the machine to not be able to register the magnet inside the tank.

Screenshot_2018-05-10-14-46-29-1.jpgScreenshot_2018-05-10-14-46-44-1.jpg

If none of these are the case, you can try to put a powerful magnet on the 2 screws located where the magnet sensor is to see if that will turn the PID on. If this works for you and the PID turns on with a powerful magnet, you may just need a new water tank float. Contact us at [email protected] if this is the case.

20180510_145834-1.jpg

@ Nicknak, thank's for that. The tank is located tight to the machine panel and I have had the sensor off to check it was OK.

My other thought is that when I refill the tank the swirl of the water sometimes displaces the float away from the tank sensor side

and then it clings to the metal containment.

Are you filling the tank in situ or removing?

I always remove my tank and suffered no probs, just trying to establish if this all is a cause of filling in situ

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Mythos and loving it

Tampers: Reg Barber flat 58.35

Looking at the photo, if yours is the same I wonder if as you fill the float drops/moves and jams at the lower edge of this.

jamming.JPG

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

@ Nicknak, thank's for that. The tank is located tight to the machine panel and I have had the sensor off to check it was OK.

My other thought is that when I refill the tank the swirl of the water sometimes displaces the float away from the tank sensor side

and then it clings to the metal containment.

It is a strange one , but they mention the position of the float so that could be likely. You would think the carrier would be made to hold it just right with the right amount of movement/play ?

As it happens so rarely I think it might be catching ,which how ever you try to replicate while watching it you won’t , then put it back together and boom :)

Im guessing that screw stops the float coming out into the tank , so the float is likely to be buoyant and not over sensitive to a minute leak ?

Im not sure , don’t know if the cling could happen with those materials in a full tank . Need a scientist ..

I've had the same problem, sometimes when I fill it back up the the Verona refuses to register. To be fair have not looked at it yet and usually tap the side and it works - its happened to me about 3-4 times in the last six months hence the lack of investigation.

Looking at the above I think (in my instance) the hinge is probably the most likely looking culprit.

edited to add:

Though reading further on the thread it would seem there is not a hinge. Oh well.

I also should have added, the only correlation is that the issue occurs when I remove the tank and put it back in place.

Kit: Some coffee bashers for the beans and some water heater thingies for the brewing bit.

I removed the tank last night to wash it out, removed the stop screw , shield and float for examination.

No rough edges on the shield to catch or rub.

The float was unmarked, no signs of leakage or damage. Test in a cup of water, it sat perfectly upright. It is ballasted / weighted to only go in one way.

Machine performed perfectly to-day.;):confused::confused: