Finally got some mk10 in the grinder after taking an eon to finish my last bag of beans....

Not fully dialed in yet but first impressions are is better than the mk9, but still not as good as the mk8, but will see as we go through the bag.

I found i preferred 1:2.5 in around 40s but haven't put my finger on the flavours yet....

Gaggia Classic Chrome - Mignon Specialita 55

Meant to follow up. I got more disappointed with this as I went through the bag. Couldn't really extract some decent sweetness from this as espresso and it was often thin rather than gloopy with very little crema. Its ok as americano, but i always seemed to be walking a thin ridge between sour and bitter. I'm quite willing to accept this may be lack of skill on my part.

I won't be stocking up, but I hope everyone else got better results

Gaggia Classic Chrome - Mignon Specialita 55

I'd agree with your comments. I find it a little thin as well.

I mainly bought these beans to help me dial in my pid and whilst I've had some decent results id says I'm a little underwhelmed and likely won't order any more either.

Newbie question - had a 1kg delivered yesterday with a roast date of 08/05. Do I leave them in the package for week before using ?

7-10 days is average, and the packing will have an air valve that will allow gases to escape as the rest :good:

So I just ordered so of the Brazil Ipanema Premier Cru and the discount code wasn't accepted with the message that it wasn't valid for the items in the cart BUT I checked it against other coffees and the Mystery 10 and it was accepted so now I can use it for the mystery guilt free in the future. 

Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

Hi agree with the previous comments, cannot get a decent crema out of this, just got a kilo... I am a bit disappointed but I ll blame it on me, I should have checked the last page of the thread as well :)