I have about 4 shots of my chatswood left and then I will be onto mystery 10...

Roasted on the 7th so still a little soon. Will probably be on it by Sunday though but won’t be expecting it at it’s best then

I have about 4 shots of my chatswood left and then I will be onto mystery 10...

Roasted on the 7th so still a little soon. Will probably be on it by Sunday though but won’t be expecting it at it’s best then

I'd be interested in people's view I thought a lot 8 but didn't get the best out of 9. May well order a couple of Kees if responses are favourable

Waiting to finish my current bag before cracking the 10.... Will let you know what I think, although haven't got the skill, equipment or palette of some users so might not be the most helpful.

Ok so I have cracked them open & dialed them in for me (for milk drinks)...

20.5 in

30 out

27/28 secs

this is generally how I pull my shots for milk.

Tastes good to me... but my taste buds have now had it so will report back again tomorrow.

that brew ratio at 22 secs was defo a bit under extracted, 30 was starting to taste a bit over but I need to revisit tomorrow with a fresh mouth lol

20.5 in 41 out in 28 secs also tastes good to me in milk... I’d be interested to see how others are pulling their shots with this mystery 10...

Anyone?

I never want to use the 10% discount code when ordering the mystery coffee by itself but when I get a bag of something else with it I do. I think they should add a bit of code to the mystery to stop the discount code applying to it.

Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

Had my order arrive last night, the Brazilian coffee I had was roasted on the 7th so all good to go and use, the 10 was too fresh.....well not too fresh for a quick espresso.

Bloody lovely :good: far nicer than the 9 in espresso form.

My 10 was roasted on the 7th. It's delicious as a flat white. The espresso was decent too, though I'm still dialling in.

I don't buy the "we're subsidising the price", though. No way they take a voluntary hit. I take it to be a clearance coffee they want rid of.

Sage Duo Temp Pro ++ Sage Smart Grinder Pro ++ Aeropress ++ V60

http://www.bhxcoffee.com

My 10 was roasted on the 7th. It's delicious as a flat white. The espresso was decent too, though I'm still dialling in.

I don't buy the "we're subsidising the price", though. No way they take a voluntary hit. I take it to be a clearance coffee they want rid of.

Absolutely, there will be margin in the sale. Retail price will reflect the green price.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

And FWIW I used the discount. I did buy other beans in the same order, but I can't promise I wouldn't have used the discount if I'd only purchased the Mystery. Nor would I complain if they shut off the discount on the Mystery.

Sage Duo Temp Pro ++ Sage Smart Grinder Pro ++ Aeropress ++ V60

http://www.bhxcoffee.com

Interested to see how others are pulling this.... give me some numbers :)

Mine was roasted on the 8th, but I've still got half a kilo of another blend in the go, so into the freezer it goes

Gaggia Classic Chrome - Mignon Specialita 55

Marginally off topic but for anyone who ordered any of the delightful Cherry Cherry with their Mystery 10, the CC roasted on the 10th is tasting marvellous already. In milk I did 14g in, 30g out in 37 seconds. Yummy.

Pity I then immediately upgraded from stock to IMS baskets and have so far wasted 200g trying to completely re-dial my grinder!

Expobar G10 2 Gr Compact - Mahlkonig Vario - Torr Toys GF 58.55 Sharp Edge - Moccamaster KBG 741 - FrancisFrancis X1 - V60

Absolute rubbish......Richard spends absolutely ages in sourcing these coffees and tries many varieties before selecting the bean for sale. This includes sending out samples to selective customers asking for opinion. In his view whatever bean he selects there is a very strong reason as to why. Mystery 8 lasted 9 months, thats some stock of the same shite bean

Marginally off topic but for anyone who ordered any of the delightful Cherry Cherry with their Mystery 10, the CC roasted on the 10th is tasting marvellous already. In milk I did 14g in, 30g out in 37 seconds. Yummy.

Pity I then immediately upgraded from stock to IMS baskets and have so far wasted 200g trying to completely re-dial my grinder!

I ordered Cherry Cherry at the same time. Roasted on the 7th and is just about ready, but absolutely amazing can really taste the Ethiopian. Will be adding a bag to my next order. On to the mystery 10 next week.....

I meant to try the MC10 now it's been sat a few more days, but I'm struggling with my Brazillian beans from CC. By struggling I mean, I can't move away from them!

The Brazil Fazenda Passeio Icatú Natural Proces is really to my taste, nice burnt/tobacco taste finishing with a plum like taste. The Black Friday Brazillian beans where somethig else, probably the nicest I've had in a long time. Sadly when I had to rush away from home I had 250g left and had to ask the wife to freeze them. She popped them in an empty HasBean bag and froze them, on using them they've lost a lot of the taste I've found.

I'm definetly a massive fan of CC, I think it's mostly down to my liking a darker roast with less delicate taste.

I meant to try the MC10 now it's been sat a few more days, but I'm struggling with my Brazillian beans from CC. By struggling I mean, I can't move away from them!

The Brazil Fazenda Passeio Icatú Natural Proces is really to my taste, nice burnt/tobacco taste finishing with a plum like taste. The Black Friday Brazillian beans where somethig else, probably the nicest I've had in a long time. Sadly when I had to rush away from home I had 250g left and had to ask the wife to freeze them. She popped them in an empty HasBean bag and froze them, on using them they've lost a lot of the taste I've found.

I'm definetly a massive fan of CC, I think it's mostly down to my liking a darker roast with less delicate taste.

I am am interested to see how others are getting on with mystery 10... I cracked mine open a little soon but did get good results... since then the coffee has changed & I needed to readjust...

had good milk drinks at 20 in 30 out... 20 in 40 out.... mine are 11 days post roast now & 21 in 30 out tasted really good this morning. I don’t get much time to play & only have a few shots a day so keen to see how others are getting on

I'll give mine a try this afteroon, I found 8 to be nicer in pour over than espresso, 9 was a bit hit and miss in both.

Will make an espresso after lunch with it. I don't have milk or alternatives anymore so can't comment on the milk versions, although I did try some barista milk on 8 and it made a lovely drink.

I'll give mine a try this afteroon, I found 8 to be nicer in pour over than espresso, 9 was a bit hit and miss in both.

Will make an espresso after lunch with it. I don't have milk or alternatives anymore so can't comment on the milk versions, although I did try some barista milk on 8 and it made a lovely drink.

when was yours roasted?

Just the though of espresso forced me to make one!

Roasted on the 11th.

15g in, 35g our, 30 seconds. Side note I really dislike the Sage 54mm filter, much rather be able to push 18-20g of benas.

The grind smelt largely of almond/marzipan.

The espresso came out with a nutty/coca flavour, can't really brake it down any more taste wise. Will try again in a day or two, might make a pourover this afternoon or an americano to see how it changes.

I don't think there' a better value bean than the MC thought.

Just the though of espresso forced me to make one!

Roasted on the 11th.

15g in, 35g our, 30 seconds. Side note I really dislike the Sage 54mm filter, much rather be able to push 18-20g of benas.

The grind smelt largely of almond/marzipan.

The espresso came out with a nutty/coca flavour, can't really brake it down any more taste wise. Will try again in a day or two, might make a pourover this afternoon or an americano to see how it changes.

I don't think there' a better value bean than the MC thought.

i always dosed 19g with my barista express... it may have touched the shower screen but worked for me...

I'm pushing it trying to get 16g in the Sage DTP.

Maybe be I am a hard tamper... but 19g for me always sat below the cut off depth with the razor tool thing...

Tried it in the v60 this evening and it's pushes it further into the burnt tobacco maybe a little smokey taste region for me. It weird how that would sound unappealing to my old coffee self, but it's definetlythe region of taste that I prefer now. It reminds me a little of a good USofA cup of joe from a diner while we travelled West Coast USA.