Sign in to follow this  
Deeez Nuuutz

La Marzocco Sub-Forum ?

I know there was a thread and poll recently asking if we wanted a designated La Marzocco sub-forum but I can’t find that thread now and I still don’t see a LM sub-forum?

What was the conclusion? I’ve always been surprised that there isn’t one here tbf.

Tony

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Probably because no one can afford one :p

Or more lilkely because Vesuivius' are better (apparently).

there has to be enough interest amongst owners, and there lies your problem.....they either think that they have the best machines money can buy, and do not need to talk about them with people of an inferior status........or they are just dick heads......and I am speaking as a once dick head.....no offence meant and if you are that person who is an LM owner and do not fit into either of those categories mentioned, then PLEASE do not tell us about it.....happy new year.....LOL

I am a dick head and I don't even own one :D

takes one to know one......

I know there was a thread and poll recently asking if we wanted a designated La Marzocco sub-forum but I can’t find that thread now and I still don’t see a LM sub-forum?

What was the conclusion? I’ve always been surprised that there isn’t one here tbf.

Tony

@Glenn would be the one to decide

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

If there is enough interest then we'd be happy to open a sub-forum

I will create one, but if not enough interest by end of March it may be reabsorbed back into the main genres

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

I could suggest a 'Niche' section for the more high-end machines available, but that name has been taken :rolleyes:

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Posted (edited)

I was just curious. I thought as a coffee forum and how big a brand like La Marzocco is, I just thought there would have been a sub-forum.

After all, many say LM produce the best espresso (joke) :)

I’m looking at an upgrade some time in the near future so I’m looking at all options and trying to research as many machines as I can within my price range, Vesuvius, Synchronika and La Marzocco Linea Mini included...

Edited by Deeez Nuuutz

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

I was just curious. I thought as a coffee forum and how big a brand like La Marzocco is, I just thought there would have been a sub-forum.

After all, many say LM produce the best espresso (joke) :)

I’m looking at an upgrade some time in the near future so I’m looking at all options and trying to research as many machines as I can within my price range, Vesuvius, Synchronika and La Marzocco included...

LM is a big brand, primarily through its commercial machines .

For home use the GS3 etc are really at the top end of home barista price , so I suspect you don't see alot of them in the home compared to other machines.

Those that do have em, like slayer owners, are probably just happy with what they have and don't feel the need to see out forums for upgrades etc.

Although you see alot more Lm users on the USA forums, perhaps this is just a reflection of a bigger population.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

From a commercial perspective they are a major player.

Their focus has not usually been the home market - as this was too small and has really only grown in the past 10 years.

Wind back the clocks to 2008 and the machine people aspired to was a Rancilio Silvia (as most started out with Delonghi or Gaggia - not even the Classic!)

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements