maths15

Gaggia Classic 1425w £150.00

I have for sale a nice Gaggia Classic 1425w.

It’s been descaler and cleaned with Caliza. Rancillio Steam Wand fitted.

Collection preferred. £150; Newmarket.

278DAE02-1734-4436-82B8-35912177EEAD.jpg

BA689AB7-A74C-4EFC-99F6-377CD2604528.jpg

AC9EEE1A-31AC-43C3-991D-76930BC4555D.jpg

232CBC48-D639-48A2-821D-1EFCA0D5372F.jpg

BEFEB7F2-9027-421C-8EE0-984A19F6360E.jpg

Edited by The Systemic Kid

Hi.

I'm in Suffolk so could collect.

Has it been regularly serviced?

Does it just come with the 1 basket pictured with the portafilter?

What water has it been running with?

Thanks.

Hi,

It comes with two baskets, the one shown on the table and the double in the portifilter. I picked it up recently and the seller had not used it for some time, he ran tap water through it.

I've stripped it back and descaled and backflushed. I've also change the portifilter gasket. The one it came with looked fine but I changed it for good measure. You are welcome to come and take a look and try it with no obligation. Where in Suffolk are you?

I'm from a little place called Debenham inbetween framlingham and stowmarket. This would be my first machine. I've always liked my coffee. At work we have filter, but we buy the beans and grind fresh. Not bad for the workplace!! At home I have been using the French press and recently aeropress for brewed. Always loved espresso though and always wanted a decent espresso machine.

My wife got me a barista course with paddy & Scott's for christmas so it would be silly to do a course without having some means of maki g nice coffee at home.

I am a complete novice with regards to machines, how good or bad they are, what to look out for etc! I guess I would need to buy a ramp to go with the machine? I only have the Hario skerton grinder currently but will be looking to get a reasonable counter top to go with my machine. So far everyone seems to rate gaggia.

What I like about them is they are easy to fix, I once saw them described like an old Marshall amp. You can also improve them no end, mine has Mr Shades PID, which is fantastic.

Not sure how your Hario grinder would pair with one. I'm sure someone on here would be able to let you know.

You can also improve them no end, mine has Mr Shades PID, which is fantastic.

Just for clarification. You're not talking about this one you're selling are you? I agree, a PID changes the machine dramatically.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Hi, the one i am selling does not have a PID. Mine does. Sorry for the confusion. The fun is doing the upgrades yourself.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo