ThinkJunket

La Pavoni Europiccola Pressure Valve Screw Problem?

Haha this seller makes it look so easy, just wondering if anybody had any experience using this set before over here!

https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/492244968/pressure-gauge-adapter-set-for-la-pavoni?ref=shop_home_active_3&crt=1

Probably will buy it and update you guys if nobody has tried:)

fitting it is quite straight forward, just buy a roll of PTFE to help it seal,

keep calm and grind flat

The thread size changed at some point but I think it's only really a problem when fitting a gauge to the really old ones. So long as you tell them it's for a millenium you shouldn't have a problem.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Updates: Decided to return the old machine, but the old one got stuck in customs for a really long time.

Option is to now request for return of the machine, allowing me to get the machine at a discounted price (half price from the actual). Was thinking i could call for the return, then buy a pressure gauge and try to fix it myself. Just wondering if this is a wise idea.

One question is what could this be if it is not a pressure valve problem that would be solved with turning of the screw?

Half the money sounds tempting, even if you can't get it to work instantly.

Only depends on your willingness/confidence to get it fixed no matter what :cool:

In the end of the day these machines are so simple and accessible, I wouldn't worry as long as you can hold a screwdriver and read an instruction :D

The only other thing that comes to my mind would be a wiring problem. That would become noticeable when the stat kicks in but the element doesn't stop heating.

Here's another resource for LaPavs: http://www.spanglefish.com/avicennassolution/index.asp?pageid=243553 a bit down the page you'll see some wiring diagrams ;)

I'd accept the kind offer, review wiring, get and fit pressure gauge.

Then I'd adjust stat as outlined somewhere above, if needed.

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford