Coffee Forums banner

Picture size

1K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  ashcroc 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi

Would someone be able to advise me what size photos can you upload on the forum. I was struggling at first my photo would not upload then I managed to up load a couple with this method.

Took a photo on my note 9

Then do a screenshot which reduced the photo size but also quality.

I have managed to find a app called photo and picture resizer.

So just need to know what size I can upload.

Thank you

#3 ·
Easiest way I have found it to upload is through Tapatalk. It's far simpler and less faffing around. I always upload the medium size.

#5 ·
Upload to Flikr then they give you options on sizes and give you the appropriate link to share.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Glenn said:
Glenn, no disrespect towards the given constraints, but those are not applicable over Tapatalk, am I correct? I definitely upload photos with higher resolution than that. In the year 2018, 800x600 pixels seems very, very old school to me, as screens and display resolutions have improved significantly over the past decade.

PS: I do remember the days when 800x600 resolution was the business.

#13 ·
@Glenn, I just checked one of the latest photos I uploaded as medium-sized via TapaTalk. It took the photo using an iPhone 6s (relatively old for today's standards, but will last me another 5 years if not more :) )

The original photo was a JPEG, 4032x3024 pixels, 2.3MB.

Tapatalk resized to 1024x768 pixels, 167KB.

I don't think you should worry about aspect and shape of the photo. Constraining to 300KB - so people can easily resize their photos without having to severely decrease quality or size when uploading directly via the forum's web interface - is a good compromise.

IMHO and IMMV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.