IGNORED

Here we go again.... should have known.

Rom

Message added by DavecUK,

We should learn from this....never to allow such a thread to run again.

50 I’d say.

Oops there I go, running up my post count again. I am not sure how to post without that happening though . . .

@MildredM I don’t think I would be alone asking you to stay exactly as you are , have been ... Without being too sickly you and others like you are what makes this place so enjoyable ..

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From previous posts it looks like Rom was hoping to bag one of the christmas vesuvius bargains and that's why he was selling his HX. As Moultram announced this morning he'd bagged the last vesuvius on offer I think Rom's withdrawal of the sale is basically because he lost out, not because of the faff over £25.

To then pass that off as corruption in the forum is probably just sour grapes.

Purely a personal assumption.

Jon.

From previous posts it looks like Rom was hoping to bag one of the christmas vesuvius bargains and that's why he was selling his HX. As Moultram announced this morning he'd bagged the last vesuvius on offer I think Rom's withdrawal of the sale is basically because he lost out, not because of the faff over £25.

To then pass that off as corruption in the forum is probably just sour grapes.

Personally the rules are clear, sensible and work fine for me. Rather than all the discussion over the precise legality or enfoceability of them I think it's better to focus on the tremendous amount of good will that accompanies most sales, including the forum courier offers from members with nothing to gain personally. This really is a very unique environment for buying and selling and I for one would like it to stay that way, even if it does occassionally cause a bit of Eastenders drama.

I did see that myself.

I think the inference was he should have had first dibs on the ACS special as he posted on the open thread first rather than PMing Pablo directly as the successful candidate did.

This combined with his historical experience and current sale drama has led to where we are now.

It's a shame as people will always focus on the negative rather than the positive stuff your point out in your post.

I did see that myself.

I think the inference was he should have had first dibs on the ACS special as he posted on the open thread first rather than PMing Pablo directly as the successful candidate did.

This combined with his historical experience and current sale drama has led to where we are now.

It's a shame as people will always focus on the negative rather than the positive stuff your point out in your post.

That inference doesn't scan. The successful candidate posted openly on the ACS thread before rom which legitimately puts him ahead of the cue.

That inference doesn't scan. The successful candidate posted openly on the ACS thread before rom which legitimately puts him ahead of the cue.

I think Rom was inferring that fact the deal was concluded via PM rather than openly on the sale thread @ashcroc There was also the sale of the Super Jolly but any PM activity there appears to have been totally innocent. Sounds as though Rom took it all very much to heart given a previous bad experience and has voted with his feet. Who knows.

I think Rom was inferring that fact the deal was concluded via PM rather than openly on the sale thread @ashcroc There was also the sale of the Super Jolly but any PM activity there appears to have been totally innocent. Sounds as though Rom took it all very much to heart given a previous bad experience and has voted with his feet. Who knows.
That's possible though the ACS ex-display sales have always been a bit of an enigma with their own way of doing things slightly outside standard forum rules. Strictly speaking, they shouldn't be in that section due to being a business but where else would it go for people to see it?

Sorry - off-topic alert:

46292793542_9782ef9605_m.jpg

Is @MildredM in the 10,000 Club or the 100,000 Club? (Just how old is she?)

"One should never trust a woman who will tell you her age. A woman who would tell one that would tell one anything".

While you've got my badge, give it a polish can you, please :)

Scrunching my Izal :)

My dad used to get that from the railway. At least my mum insisted on having normal loo roll as well. I used to use it as tracing paper as a kid.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Customised Mazzer Major + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..