IGNORED

Here we go again.... should have known.

do I sense time travel entering this debate?

I scored 40 points!

50 I’d say.

Oops there I go, running up my post count again. I am not sure how to post without that happening though . . .

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lastly, this forum does not exist as a Gumtree or an Ebay , the selling feature is a by product of the forum, not the reason for it's existence . It causes more pointless and petty posts for the admins and owners that I would say is worth it in all honesty.

I've been posting here since March last year and I can only recall about two contentious sales, this being one of them.

Given the volume of them that is a very small percentage IMO, although I bet they cause a disproportionate amount of hassle.

Edited by ATZ

I'm probably what you call a "fair weather" user of this forum which I often forget exists and then pleasantly surprised when I come across it again.

All I can say is that while I'm not knee deep in the politics of this forum (every forum has it), it does seem one of your much more positive forums run by a friendly group of moderators and an admin so I'm surprised about the vitriol in the earlier part of this thread. Sometimes people react overtly to perceived slights to themselves then embark upon crusade to let the world know how unfair everything is.

In summary, some people don't half get their knickers in a twist over nothing. : runs off :

50 I’d say.

Oops there I go, running up my post count again. I am not sure how to post without that happening though . . .

You need to start combining posts, no matter how bizarre the conglomeration reads

You need to start combining posts, no matter how bizarre the conglomeration reads

Of course! Why didn’t I think of that!

A nice day out today.

d47895422cb212bf39f4be745034e9fc.jpg

You could check your flow meter.

It’s better when your scrunch it up, I find. Still a bit prickly on your nether regions though!

I wasn’t keen and wouldn’t buy one, if I’m being honest.

Thanks Lee and co at Foundry.

I’m preferring this to the Real Thing, @joey24dirt.

5512d27d6adda93f952945240634f428.jpg

I could tell you but you may not like it!

Hello and welcome :)

I’d go for red myself!

Will you take £9.95?

Christmas! (That’s the forum rant thread)!

Coffeedome!

Two men enter. One man leave.....with their dream machine.

And a double HERNIA, they aint light and of course fully tested and demonstrated complete with a bag of free beans, I'm still looking for a second dual boiler machine to save lugging mine around...... but visiting 'For Sale' is OK if you can survive the minefield around it.

Jon.

If Rom had really wanted to sell the machine ,, he could have , he could have just given you his email address and arranged it that way .

This " I cant , I don't have access to the forum " , and as Glenn said , he has not blocked him . This doesnt stop him concluding a private transaction ,he had with the person who wanted it, be it within forum rules or not.

Flouncing off once coz of a disagreement with the rules is unfortunate shall we say, twice is well a little sad...Then, in poor taste, or lacking humour , posting a quote about corruption, relating to a forum and people, that is run for free to the end user, by people giving up in their own time.

Lastly, this forum does not exist as a Gumtree or an Ebay , the selling feature is a by product of the forum, not the reason for it's existence . It causes more pointless and petty posts for the admins and owners that I would say is worth it in all honesty.

From previous posts it looks like Rom was hoping to bag one of the christmas vesuvius bargains and that's why he was selling his HX. As Moultram announced this morning he'd bagged the last vesuvius on offer I think Rom's withdrawal of the sale is basically because he lost out, not because of the faff over £25.

To then pass that off as corruption in the forum is probably just sour grapes.

Personally the rules are clear, sensible and work fine for me. Rather than all the discussion over the precise legality or enfoceability of them I think it's better to focus on the tremendous amount of good will that accompanies most sales, including the forum courier offers from members with nothing to gain personally. This really is a very unique environment for buying and selling and I for one would like it to stay that way, even if it does occassionally cause a bit of Eastenders drama.

50 I’d say.

@MildredM I don’t think I would be alone asking you to stay exactly as you are , have been ... Without being too sickly you and others like you are what makes this place so enjoyable ..
From previous posts it looks like Rom was hoping to bag one of the christmas vesuvius bargains and that's why he was selling his HX. As Moultram announced this morning he'd bagged the last vesuvius on offer I think Rom's withdrawal of the sale is basically because he lost out, not because of the faff over £25.

Purely a personal assumption.

Jon.

Personally the rules are clear, sensible and work fine for me. Rather than all the discussion over the precise legality or enfoceability of them I think it's better to focus on the tremendous amount of good will that accompanies most sales, including the forum courier offers from members with nothing to gain personally. This really is a very unique environment for buying and selling and I for one would like it to stay that way, even if it does occassionally cause a bit of Eastenders drama.

I did see that myself.

I think the inference was he should have had first dibs on the ACS special as he posted on the open thread first rather than PMing Pablo directly as the successful candidate did.

This combined with his historical experience and current sale drama has led to where we are now.

It's a shame as people will always focus on the negative rather than the positive stuff your point out in your post.

I did see that myself.

I think the inference was he should have had first dibs on the ACS special as he posted on the open thread first rather than PMing Pablo directly as the successful candidate did.

This combined with his historical experience and current sale drama has led to where we are now.

It's a shame as people will always focus on the negative rather than the positive stuff your point out in your post.

That inference doesn't scan. The successful candidate posted openly on the ACS thread before rom which legitimately puts him ahead of the cue.

@MildredM I don’t think I would be alone asking you to stay exactly as you are , have been ... Without being too sickly you and others like you are what makes this place so enjoyable ..

So ... you got my cheque then :) :) :)

That inference doesn't scan. The successful candidate posted openly on the ACS thread before rom which legitimately puts him ahead of the cue.

I think Rom was inferring that fact the deal was concluded via PM rather than openly on the sale thread @ashcroc There was also the sale of the Super Jolly but any PM activity there appears to have been totally innocent. Sounds as though Rom took it all very much to heart given a previous bad experience and has voted with his feet. Who knows.

@MildredM yes thank you �� ..

I read a post and liked it thinking it was meant with humour ,second post suggested not ..

Perhaps just saying in my post what most people feel :)

Hehe! The trouble with the typed word is you can’t see the smile and hear the laughter :) :)

I think Rom was inferring that fact the deal was concluded via PM rather than openly on the sale thread @ashcroc There was also the sale of the Super Jolly but any PM activity there appears to have been totally innocent. Sounds as though Rom took it all very much to heart given a previous bad experience and has voted with his feet. Who knows.
That's possible though the ACS ex-display sales have always been a bit of an enigma with their own way of doing things slightly outside standard forum rules. Strictly speaking, they shouldn't be in that section due to being a business but where else would it go for people to see it?
Sorry - off-topic alert:

46292793542_9782ef9605_m.jpg

Is @MildredM in the 10,000 Club or the 100,000 Club? (Just how old is she?)

"One should never trust a woman who will tell you her age. A woman who would tell one that would tell one anything".

While you've got my badge, give it a polish can you, please :)

Scrunching my Izal :)

My dad used to get that from the railway. At least my mum insisted on having normal loo roll as well. I used to use it as tracing paper as a kid.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

50 I’d say.

@MildredM Maybe you could PM your next post at random to other current online members, get them to post on your behalf to get their count up on the way to 10k!! :good: