Tsangpa

Felicita Arc espresso scales - £113.00

Might treat myself for Christmas - anybody else use them?

Profitec Pro 800 | Niche Zero | Joey Skateboard Tamper | Espresso Addict!

Machina Espresso up here in Edinburgh seem to rate them. La Marzocco NZ also sell them in their shop. I use them in a coffee bar and also have a set for my own personal use. I can't fault them and at this price they're closer to the Brewista price point but offer Acaia quality and functionality.

It's also really helpful being able to fit the PF on it after grinding without having to lash out another £40 on a Acaia PF plank.

If I didn't have Lunars I would have these.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Normally around £170 these are available from here for £113 inc vat

https://www.northstarroast.com/product/felicita-arc-scales/

Great scales very much like the Acaia Lunar

Thanks for the heads up on these - a deal that I couldn't resist. They sound like a perfect, slightly lower tech version of the lunars.

They sound like a perfect, slightly lower tech version of the lunars.

In what way lower? I had a look, they looked identical as far as I could tell.

Could be the software.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

There's one function lunars have that arcs don't, it's the auto-tare mode 6. All the other modes are identical to lunars - mode 1 to 5. The instructions are practically identical too.

In what way lower? I had a look, they looked identical as far as I could tell.

Actually I was going from the description on the North Star site, which suggests as Jony notes: 'It is worth noting that these scales are fully rechargeable via a USB cable that comes in the box for you. This can be used with any wall sockets via phone charger USB attachments, or plugged directly into a computer USB port (the scales don’t attempt to install any software either, which is convenient!).'

Maybe I was wrong to assume that they aren't any lower tech than the lunars (never having owned any).

Looks like a great deal. Can't see why you would want the Acaia Lunars over these at double the price, but maybe I'm missing some crucial feature the Lunar has.

Well as these have only just come down from £170, £113 is a great price

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Posted (edited)

Just an update for the interested in the scale, it was not available for a while before Christmas but now there are but back in stock. Price is £140, still very competitive. I have ordered one for myself and Ollie from NorthStar kept me updated for when back in stock.

Link: https://www.northstarroast.com/product/felicita-arc-scales/

Edited by kmkuk

Lelit Bianca, Niche Zero Black, Felicita Arc, IMS Competition.

FWIW, the Felicita’s iOS app is a bit garbage and less functional than Acaia’s which they need to sort out too as there are at least 3 apps! The Felicita app crashed once, there’s no brew print, I couldn’t find a way to update the software and there’s some text in Chinese I couldn’t understand...

It also included a 100g weight which weighs 100.3g on both Acaia Pearl and Arc!

Other than that, it’s comparable to Acaia in terms of response times and overall feel. I like the extra clearance compared to Pearl and the fact that you can pinch and move it with one hand.

Now it’s a tough decision as I really don’t need both at home...

AC3B077E-A3CC-45F9-8FD4-F4B18EF3285C.jpg Puzzled, info on UK site says Auto Tare? I’m going to grab a set anyway as compared to others available look decently made

Fracino Classic-Brasilia Portafino-Isomac Tea and Millenium-La Pavoni

Cellini and Europiccola Pro-Gaggia Titanium, Classic, Colour, Cubika

Gene Cafe Roaster-Mazzer Super Jolly Doser-Rocky Doser

Anyone has tried if it works with the acaia apps. Can you upgrade the firmware. Seems dead from a development perspective

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

Anyone has tried if it works with the acaia apps. Can you upgrade the firmware. Seems dead from a development perspective

I just tried and it doesn’t connect.

The Felicita app on iPhone is extremely buggy (see few posts above). Apparently, I cannot even turn on scales with the app opened - you must turn on scales first. My opinion still holds - if you want phone connectivity, get Acaia. Otherwise, Arc is a price of Pearl and it’s way much better for espresso. I don’t think firmware updates are necessary for things such scales as long as they work fine (and they do, just as well as Acaia Pearl).

I almost feel bad for selling Pearl to fund the purchase of Arc, but Lunar is just silly money.

I just tried and it doesn’t connect.

The Felicita app on iPhone is extremely buggy (see few posts above). Apparently, I cannot even turn on scales with the app opened - you must turn on scales first. My opinion still holds - if you want phone connectivity, get Acaia. Otherwise, Arc is a price of Pearl and it’s way much better for espresso. I don’t think firmware updates are necessary for things such scales as long as they work fine (and they do, just as well as Acaia Pearl).

I almost feel bad for selling Pearl to fund the purchase of Arc, but Lunar is just silly money.

Thanks for trying, but if everything else is there then it seems like it still is good value. I mostly do espresso/cappuccino so pour over specific things like the app, if they don't provide anything extra are just a plus

Thanks for trying, but if everything else is there then it seems like it still is good value. I mostly do espresso/cappuccino so pour over specific things like the app, if they don't provide anything extra are just a plus

Totally worth it for the espresso brewing. Much easier to use than large and plastic Pearl.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)