I think dpd take on a lot of agency drivers around Christmas time. You can specify an exact place to leave the parcel on the tracking page.

I did, twice! My last request had a pleading tone

DE1+, Monolith Conical, Osmio Zero. Stuff. Lots of stuff.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a V60 from the same batch this morning and it was both well behaved and delicious. It was better than it was a couple of days ago though so it may well get better still as it settles down. I'd say you may well l get good spro after 6-7 days but everything will be much more consistent around the 10+ days mark.

Cheers I’ve got some beans to tide me over.

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Made a brew this afternoon. The smell from the grinder holds great promise for what this coffee can taste like.

Right now it tastes a bit lively with a hint of roasty toasty (may also have been slightly overextracted). Some nice flavours though, just slightly muted.

What brew did you make?

Made a brew this afternoon. The smell from the grinder holds great promise for what this coffee can taste like.

Right now it tastes a bit lively with a hint of roasty toasty (may also have been slightly overextracted). Some nice flavours though, just slightly muted.

10+ is really good news.. cheers!

We had a V60 from the same batch this morning and it was both well behaved and delicious. It was better than it was a couple of days ago though so it may well get better still as it settles down. I'd say you may well l get good spro after 6-7 days but everything will be much more consistent around the 10+ days mark.

What brew did you make?

December dripper, it's like a kalita wave and uses the same filter papers. 15g > 240ml in around 2:50.

50:50 mix of glaceau and deeside water.

12g into 240ml?

]According to my HasBean brew cal app, 12g into 200ml. I usually go 18g > 300g (assuming 60g/l )

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Made one earlier. 18 > 300 very smooth and juicy :)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Has anyone tried this as espresso yet?

Mine just arrived now (I delayed delivery deliberately) while I was in the middle of giving the grinder and machine a thorough clean, backflush, re-lube etc, so I've just had a lovely long steep Aeropress (14.5g:250g 15 mins) and it was deliciously fruity. About to try espresso now.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Has anyone tried this as espresso yet?

Mine just arrived now (I delayed delivery deliberately) while I was in the middle of giving the grinder and machine a thorough clean, backflush, re-lube etc, so I've just had a lovely long steep Aeropress (14.5g:250g 15 mins) and it was deliciously fruity. About to try espresso now.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Yes! And we are enjoying it. Today’s was lovely. Our usual go-to Foundry is 15g/36s/34g. I think I went to 40g today. It reminds me of something but I can’t think what!

@MildredM I adapted your ratio for 18g (41 out in 38") but I think I need to go slightly longer ratio. It felt like it was just shy of the sweetness. Like you, the flavour is familiar but I can't put my finger on it (or should I say it's on the tip of my tongue?!)

Mmmatron what recipe did you try?

Edit: just re-read your post Mildred. I should've aimed for 48 out. Much better! Now getting 'old fashioned marmalade'.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

bffa2bc818fe22edc3beafa375a59ec0.jpg

Edited by hotmetal

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Wow!!

A funky little number.

Have had a couple of shots now. The best so far has been 17.6 into 38 at 94 degrees. 33 seconds.

Tastes a lot like Rocko Mountain to me. That is not my guess but is my early impression. It's a bit of a head turner this one.

My impressions based on the AP I had this morning also make me think this is a natural process, maybe Guatemalan? Actually I probably shouldn't guess yet, I've only had one brew and 2 espressi (not even dialled in right yet!)

___

Eat, drink and be merry