Can't wait to get in. Maybes try a cheeky filter tomorrow.

As much as Christmas is a time for sharing, anyone else fear the descending masses decimating their LSOL? Especially by the muggles who put three sugars in!

Had a bag of stunning Langora Julekaffe (care of @matisse ) last chrimbo of which I had but two cups

Think I'll decant and keep half the Foundry supply for the new year and pick up some extras to tie the family over.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to get in. Maybes try a cheeky filter tomorrow.

As much as Christmas is a time for sharing, anyone else fear the descending masses decimating their LSOL? Especially by the muggles who put three sugars in!

Had a bag of stunning Langora Julekaffe (care of @matisse ) last chrimbo of which I had but two cups

Think I'll decant and keep half the Foundry supply for the new year and pick up some extras to tie the family over.

Get the lavazza out for them

Just picked these up and made a quick kalita. Took a punt on grind and spun the Niche round to the "calibrate" mark. 16g coffee to 260g water, 50g bloom and 50g water every 30 secs (last pour was 60g). Drawdown was 3:30, but my kalita does take a while on the final few milliliters.

Final results are nuts, I'm drinking it now. Its super funky sweet, thought I'd accidentally put sugar in it at first... Vaguely recognisable taste in there, but I can't put my finger on it... I'll try again later and adjust the recipe slightly.

First impressions though, fantastic. Well done foundry, cracking last minute LSOL!

Lelit MaraX, Niche Zero, MBK Feldgrind, Gene Cafe 101, several brewers... 

The eagle has landed! Thanks @foundrycoffeeroasters.com (Lee) for sorting out the DPD reroute to the correct address and @fatboyslim & @Daren for organising.

Edited by Hairy_Hogg

Mr LSOL - November offering, Vagabond, here -> Clicky <- (debate still going on)

December offering, Obadiah, here -> Clicky <-

I cracked.. but thank G not second cracked (terrible I know..)

Ballpark grind size which turned out to be bit coarse but brew was pretty tasty. Amazing aroma and fruity taste. Most definitely natural (or not) and torn between Costa Rica and Ethiopia (180 million years ago when Gondwana existed the distance wouldn't have been unfathomable :) )

Great stuff FCR. And mega thanks to @fatboyslim and @Daren for arranging. 185c86202d11c6a15a6b8e2cf94c439f.jpg

....now that is eerily close to my own tasting notes - unbelievably so.

Dont bin it!! I’ll take it off your hands if your not going to finish it :) Loved last months LSOL!!

Hey @Deeez Nuuutz I’ve got just over 110g of last months LSOL from Stokes Croft Bristol which I never quite got into the groove for. If you PM me your address happy to send it winging your way

Niche Grinder, V60, Hario Switch, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

Hey @Deeez Nuuutz I’ve got just over 110g of last months LSOL from Stokes Croft Bristol which I never quite got into the groove for. If you PM me your address happy to send it winging your way

Thats very kind of you. You will most definitely be in Santa’s good books this Christmas!! :)

I’ll send you a pm.

ECM Synchronika, Kafatek Monolith Flat, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCDv3 Distribution Tool, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy, Aeropress, Aergrind, notNeutral Cups

Mines arrived, happily taking a break for 10 days before I venture into it.....ahh the restraint that's going to be needed.....huge thanks to team lsol and foundry for putting this together looking forward to the twenty eighth

"I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might just be awake."

Looks like driver signed for it....hate it when they do that....and now it’s going back and forward to the depo :-(

Nooooo! Maybe Foundry can contact DPD if you aren't able to reschedule delivery? Not sure what else to suggest.

Thats very kind of you. You will most definitely be in Santa’s good books this Christmas!! :)

I’ll send you a pm.

Hi @ Deeez Nuuutz

It’s winging its way to you even as we speak. Enjoy - and thanks for giving me the excuse to get straight into my Foundry beans :)

Cheers

Tim

Niche Grinder, V60, Hario Switch, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

My LSOL beans arrived yesterday :) is 10 days rest the recommendation? If so that works perfect for me..

thanks to everyone involved in oraganising and roasting

We had a V60 from the same batch this morning and it was both well behaved and delicious. It was better than it was a couple of days ago though so it may well get better still as it settles down. I'd say you may well l get good spro after 6-7 days but everything will be much more consistent around the 10+ days mark.