I was right - a warm country and processed in some way. if I was honest I was thinking maybe Columbian, a tricky coffee and unusual,

I like the details on the seller and location - any pictures? - always brings these coffee locations to life when I can see some pics

keep calm and grind flat

Tbh I thought that this coffee was a bit bland and not up to foundry’s usual level!

Ah, that's a shame. Sorry you weren't feeling this one. Let me know if you need any brewing tips.

*hits the deck, cancels forum membership and leaves the UK under a false identity. :p

I was right - a warm country and processed in some way. if I was honest I was thinking maybe Columbian, a tricky coffee and unusual,

I like the details on the seller and location - any pictures? - always brings these coffee locations to life when I can see some pics

I could have guessed Colombian myself, it's the body that's very reminiscent of Colombian coffee. Still, you could argue you were as close as anyone.

....oh, and we didnt get any pictures with this one - we sometimes do. I'll double check with the importer.

Ah, that's a shame. Sorry you weren't feeling this one. Let me know if you need any brewing tips.

*hits the deck, cancels forum membership and leaves the UK under a false identity. :p

silverback-flouncejpg~0.jpg

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

1 country out, ah well.

Thanks all for organising / roasting etc still enjoying these as a filter in preference to espresso.

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

Only just started these at work due to having been bought a load of coffee for Christmas.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Only just started these at work due to having been bought a load of coffee for Christmas.

It’ll be interesting to see how you get on after they’ve had a good long rest.

Just started my second 500g ……..think im getting those dark well toasted notes that others have mentioned, had a flat white that I could still taste 15mins later and not in a good way, switched to aeropress with a much coarser grind and the bitterness was still there but with a great juiciness as well, so swings and roundabouts. I like a challenge so will plow on.

keep calm and grind flat

This seems to have settled down now. Consistently pleasant brews but the generic juiciness is mostly what's left.

This seems to have settled down now. Consistently pleasant brews but the generic juiciness is mostly what's left.
Agree, it's actually getting alot better, very juicy and enjoying it greatly. Possible we all dived in too soon what with being at home more over Xmas

At the mo getting great results with 17g in a full aero

keep calm and grind flat

Yes, just into the second bag and I'm enjoying much more consistent brews. Almost like a different bean.

Totally agree. My espresso and flat whites have been very consistent over the last couple of days and IMO the best it’s been. I find it’s so similar to Rocko Mountain now that I’d swear by it. Coming to the last of it now though :(

Edited by Deeez Nuuutz

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Just an update.

I completely agree with all the new posts. The bean seems to have settled. No more bitterness. Shame, I’ve almost used the the beans up just as it’s getting good! :D

ECM Heidelberg Mechanika IV Profi with Eric's E61 thermometer | Eureka Olympus 75E ti burrs | VST 15g, 18g | LONDINIUM distribution tool | Motta 58mm levelling tool | Acaia Lunar

I still have 500g of mine left,

If I'm lucky I still have 1 last shot in the hopper but I can see me drinking a bit of a mix with another bean after work.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

I still have 500g of mine left,

You lucky so and so!

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Late to the party again. Still got 200g in the freezer which is now topping up the hopper.

My first batch got mixed up with some bailies aug LSOL from the freezer (should post this on Muppetry) in identical jars so didnt know which was which for Christmas coffee . Not dissimilar either which was coincidence.

Would be interested to know a bit more about processing if Foundry can elaborate (you mentioned beautifully?).

Finding it super clean for a natural and at the moment I'm can't detect any funk. Great chocolatey flat whites too with a hint of cherry for me.

Had some deeside v60s the other day as well and again the sweetness made me think of a washed.

Had some deeside v60s the other day as well and again the sweetness made me think of a washed.

Where are you still getting deeside from???

Where are you still getting deeside from???
Treated myself to a bottle waitrose Royal deeside the other day. Same or no?

Early days for me with this but getting decent results at 18 to 43. I'm not sure I'd have guessed it was a natural; maybe it's funk has subsided with resting? I probably have about 750g left between home and work due to receiving quite a lot of beans for xmas. It's lucky there's a break in LSOL due.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero