IGNORED

Gaggia Classic 2015 Version Cleaning

Hey guys, asking for a friend here. Does anybody have advice for maintaining a Gaggia Classic 2015 (RI 9403/11)? Since there is no 3 way valve and a spring valve instead, backflushing is out right?

Is just descaling every 3 months okay?

Thanks in advance

Fill the tank to the full mark with a descaler of your choice, personally I use Citric acid, 25g to 1 litre of water. Turn on the machine, no need to get it hot and run 300ml through the grouphead into a container. As the SS boiler is only 200ml this is enough to get descaler into everywhere flushing out the plain water.

Turn off and leave for 30 minutes. While this is descaling remove the shower screen with a posi driver, remove the brass valve holder with a flat blade driver, remove the ball and spring, clean them, do not refit.

After 30 mins, run another 300ml through the steam wand, turn off and wait 20 minutes. After this run the rest of the descaler through until the tank is almost empty. Turn off and remove the tank, clean it and fill with clean water.

Turn on and flush the clean water through the grouphead and wand until almost empty. Refit the spring and ball, brass holder and shower screen. Fill the tank, give the group a flush through and you're ready to go.

I use water with a pH of 7, but I still descale every 3 months

Fill the tank to the full mark with a descaler of your choice, personally I use Citric acid, 25g to 1 litre of water. Turn on the machine, no need to get it hot and run 300ml through the grouphead into a container. As the SS boiler is only 200ml this is enough to get descaler into everywhere flushing out the plain water.

Turn off and leave for 30 minutes. While this is descaling remove the shower screen with a posi driver, remove the brass valve holder with a flat blade driver, remove the ball and spring, clean them, do not refit.

After 30 mins, run another 300ml through the steam wand, turn off and wait 20 minutes. After this run the rest of the descaler through until the tank is almost empty. Turn off and remove the tank, clean it and fill with clean water.

Turn on and flush the clean water through the grouphead and wand until almost empty. Refit the spring and ball, brass holder and shower screen. Fill the tank, give the group a flush through and you're ready to go.

I use water with a pH of 7, but I still descale every 3 months

Ah thank you so much for the help! Just another question, anybody knows what is wrong with this machine?

Regards!

Edited by ThinkJunket

Coffee is to fine. Head gasket is gone too.

Personally I do not suggest to descale Gaggia Classic like any other Bean2Cup. Reason is that Bean2Cup machines have programs which fills boiler to the top few times with descaler and than rinse it with a clean water (also fills to the top). So it removes all of the descaling solution from piping and boilers.

In fact Gaggia Classic also fills water to the top but there is no warranty that all descaler will be removed from the boiler, steam valve, piping, solenoid etc. If you decide to descale it as recommended above, make sure that you rinse boiler plenty of times before using. Otherwise just open the boiler and descale it manually with a stronger solution - to do this job you need just few tools and new O-Ring for boiler itself.

If you have any questions about Gaggia Classic contact us via forum msg or visit our webiste https://espressoclinic.com

Good luck :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys its me again, haven't really been brewing. And haven't gotten around to changing the gasket. Just wondering if this is really a gasket problem since it is a new machine.

Here is another video of the extraction:

I have been looking around, and seems like the only explanation is that. However, is it possible that the gasket is not working well when the machine is new?

Thanks!

Hey guys its me again, haven't really been brewing. And haven't gotten around to changing the gasket. Just wondering if this is really a gasket problem since it is a new machine.

Here is another video of the extraction:

I have been looking around, and seems like the only explanation is that. However, is it possible that the gasket is not working well when the machine is new?

Thanks!

Ot's possible the portafilter isn't locked in quite far enough or possibly a bit of dirt (coffee grounds) stopping a good seal?
Ot's possible the portafilter isn't locked in quite far enough or possibly a bit of dirt (coffee grounds) stopping a good seal?

Most probably locked quite enough, how do i check for the dirt? Does following this tutorial for changing the gasket, and then check for any coffee grounds suffice?

Thinking if there might be dirt due to choking the machine too many times.

• 2 weeks later...