Dougy Giro

Well I have taken the plunge!

After a bit of deliberation I have finally ordered a Synchronika, although still waiting for a call back to see when it may be in stock.

The Mrs wasn’t too impressed when she found out mind; I was going to tell her eventually, honest!

So far I have bought a new Brita 0-70% filter head for £17.99 and a Honeywell PRV with gauge for £30, not sure if I am going to buy a digital flow meter now or just make sure I buy a cartridge every year that will comfortably exceed my predicted usage.

ECM Synchronika - At last!

Fiorenzato (Pavelly) F64 EVO On Demand Coffee Grinder

Bezerra BZ02 - gone, but not forgotten.

Grinder?

Already got a Fiorenzato F65 EVO, had it about a year now

After a bit of deliberation I have finally ordered a Synchronika, although still waiting for a call back to see when it may be in stock.

The Mrs wasn’t too impressed when she found out mind; I was going to tell her eventually, honest!

So far I have bought a new Brita 0-70% filter head for £17.99 and a Honeywell PRV with gauge for £30, not sure if I am going to buy a digital flow meter now or just make sure I buy a cartridge every year that will comfortably exceed my predicted usage.

Supplied by .... may I ask.

A great choice, you'll not be disappointed.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Supplied by .... may I ask.

A great choice, you'll not be disappointed.

Jon.

Coffee Team when they eventually find out when they will be able to supply it to me

One in the for sale area right now!!

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

One in the for sale area right now!!

I know, I was speaking the the lad selling it originally

Coffee Team when they eventually find out when they will be able to supply it to me

A great team to deal with, I got mine from there.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Thinking of getting this too! Are you enjoying the machine?

I did quite a bit of searching, eliminating, reading reviews and narrowed it down to three machines, one of them was no longer available so went with the Synchronika and have never looked back, I look at different models and don't really need any convincing that I made the right choice.

Well laid out, smooth lines and the lever valves are fine for me, something that was in my list of choice refinements, it's a quality machine.

Jon.

Picking it up tomorrow morning, my mate is doing the plumbing while I am there so when I come back I just need to attach the flexi hose from the Synchronika to where the plumbing ends.

Getting a 1 hour Barista course while I am there too, which will be good to see what I have been doing wrong for 20 years :p

Picking it up tomorrow morning, my mate is doing the plumbing while I am there so when I come back I just need to attach the flexi hose from the Synchronika to where the plumbing ends.

Getting a 1 hour Barista course while I am there too, which will be good to see what I have been doing wrong for 20 years :p

Well done Dougy, keep us up to speed as you take the steps toward your favoured method of a brew 'Your happy' with, it's just like a bairn taking their first few steps :good: .

Jon.

Well the only issue so far ir the fact that one of the braided hoses has a slight leak (about one drop every 2 minutes) where I have had to daisy shain 2 together. I have rejouined it about 3 times now and am wondering if it is the hose itself rather than me just being crap at getting things leak free.

Pre-infusion wasnt working at first, but I reduced the pressure a bit ant its fine now. when pre-infusing the boiers is at 2 bar, however when it is idle it shows about 2.5 bar, is this too hhigh or ok?

Well the only issue so far ir the fact that one of the braided hoses has a slight leak (about one drop every 2 minutes) where I have had to daisy shain 2 together. I have rejouined it about 3 times now and am wondering if it is the hose itself rather than me just being crap at getting things leak free.

Pre-infusion wasnt working at first, but I reduced the pressure a bit ant its fine now. when pre-infusing the boiers is at 2 bar, however when it is idle it shows about 2.5 bar, is this too hhigh or ok?

DaveC is your best friend for sound advice, but my thinking is the lower the incoming supply pressure the less pre infusion you get, so is it the Synchronika you have or the Mechanika.

PTFE tape carefully used is also good to use, just keep stray ends away from getting into the system.

Jon.