MildredM

Session 4: 2pm Tuesday December 11th Christmas Pour-Down 2018

This thread is for the Christmas Pour-Down 2018

Session 4: 2pm Tuesday December 11th

You have a maximum of 60 minutes to submit your photo to this thread of your free-pour* latte art - a rosetta/tulip/heart/swan etc the choice is yours. The photo must clearly show your FORUM NAME AND THE MAGIC WORD written on a piece of paper. The magic word will be revealed here 5 minutes before the start time.

* The latte art must be free pour, no etching or sauces allowed. Only ingredients will be espresso and milk.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

just to clarify... am I supposed to do a specific magic word just for @MildredM or for all contestants?

not that it would make a difference in my selection... or maybe it would?! ...but I'm merely asking to avoid any more confusion

just to clarify... am I supposed to do a specific magic word just for @MildredM or for all contestants?

not that it would make a difference in my selection... or maybe it would?! ...but I'm merely asking to avoid any more confusion

Just checking the rules! A word just for me, please ;) I’ve got THE magic word lined up for the masses :) :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Getting lined up.....

73f8670fc51b398651b7575d881e87e6.jpg

Getting lined up.....

73f8670fc51b398651b7575d881e87e6.jpg

Boiling some milk?

hi

Hi :)

I did offer a session for the pros . . . Let me know if you want to go ahead (this week, preferably). I reckon @Rakesh would be in ;)

Hi :)

I did offer a session for the pros . . . Let me know if you want to go ahead (this week, preferably). I reckon @Rakesh would be in ;)

haha nah, I'm all good. Just thought I'd throw some nerves into the ring!

'it's all about the microbubbubbles'

haha nah, I'm all good. Just thought I'd throw some nerves into the ring!

It’s a wonder you can’t hear my heart thumping :) :) :)

It’s not helping that my marmalade will be ready between 2.15-3pm

If it turns out ok I will throw a jar into the prize bag - the kilo of Foundry beans for the winner, 4 x 250g of Bella Barista beans for 2,3,4,5 places, and a jar of marmalade for 6th. Let’s hope @Snakehips takes part and comes 6the then that’s his Christmas present taken care of!

READY, STEADY, POUR!!

46157046132_f2e1f161cd_z.jpg

PLEASE WRITE THE MAGIC WORD

AND FORUM NAME AND INCLUDE IN YOUR PHOTO, PLEASE :)

... and @MildredM here's your personal Magic Word!

253c5e5e9d9c5b30f2a3852565861d82.jpg

Make sure to.... you know the drill

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn’t know it would be like THIs. . . I have run out of cups now and my marmalade is 10 minutes off being done, flipping My Hermes came knocking at the door . . . And I’ve gone all hot and bothered . . . .

Aight, I'll post mine in the meantime

69f73c57676e8cf79352fc97476dd905.jpg

Nothing special, but has a name and magic word on it.

I didn’t know it would be like THIs. . . I have run out of cups now and my marmalade is 10 minutes off being done, flipping My Hermes came knocking at the door . . . And I’ve gone all hot and bothered . . . .
Put your blindfold on and all will be calm once more

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

I’m done (done in). Going to post it as I can’t take any more.... my brain is totally muddled up . . .

5f8ef9c9e7c9fb02a0083fe72fde224f.jpg

Put your blindfold on and all will be calm once more

It made doing a blindfolded pour easy!!!!!!

A quick attempt at work. I'm not that happy with it. I guess it's a bit like writing your signature; when you think about it, it goes to pot!

20181211_142948_resized.jpg

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Not a snowball’s chance with this..

..5F2AD2A2-4CBB-4FE0-BF40-4D7F97BD6DB9.jpg

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Great snowball!

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Fantastic ! Well done everyone :)

I will set the polls up tonight - 2 x 7 I think :)

Thanks for taking part (and for the record, I am NEVER EVER doing that ever again)!

Thanks for taking part (and for the record, I am NEVER EVER doing that ever again)!

I still don’t know how you did it

Pre-millennium La Pavoni, Sage Duo Temp Pro, Niche Zero

Aergrind + Aeropress for travelling

Pouring or running the show?

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Pouring or running the show?

Both!

Edit: I also just realised you were talking to Mildred..

Pre-millennium La Pavoni, Sage Duo Temp Pro, Niche Zero

Aergrind + Aeropress for travelling