MildredM

Session 3: 8pm Sunday December 9th Christmas Pour-Down 2018

This thread is for the Christmas Pour-Down 2018

Session 3: 8pm Sunday December 9th

You have a maximum of 60 minutes to submit your photo to this thread of your free-pour* latte art - a rosetta/tulip/heart/swan etc the choice is yours. The photo must clearly show your FORUM NAME AND THE MAGIC WORD written on a piece of paper. The magic word will be revealed here 5 minutes before the start time.

* The latte art must be free pour, no etching or sauces allowed. Only ingredients will be espresso and milk.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

I'm sat waiting for the clock to tick round.. Not like me on a Sunday as I'm at work early on a Monday :( Al I want to do is freeze time on a Sunday at around 2pm..

I've even gone out and bought blue top instead of the filtered green top I use just in case it steams better :rolleyes:

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I’m also waiting for this one. Hopefully the kids time their screaming wake ups after I’ve poured

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

I keep reminding myself not to forget :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

I’m racing to try and get home in time for this one.

looking forward to it... er... I think...

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

READY, STEADY, POUR!!

45294828715_a036302baf_z.jpg

PLEASE WRITE THE MAGIC WORD

AND FORUM NAME AND INCLUDE IN YOUR PHOTO, PLEASE :)

Ironically I'm in for the evening tonight and could've done this at my leisure. Still, having seen Joey's practice runs I doubt it would alter the final result! I'm sitting here chilling with a glass of red and Afterlife on the hifi waiting to see the results of you all whipping yourselves and your milk into a lather! Good luck all.

Pour your coffees into a bowl and drink them chilled tomorrow or you'll be up all night to get lucky.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

e7dad943d97c3cbfbe1237a5a9c10359.jpg

Oh Christmas Tree

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

cfb80bb2b71b4ea3f3b090e583846160.jpg

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

I’ve got one shot at this. I’m way too tight to waste coffee on two goes, and normally a milk drink after 12 is just not the done thing...

I’ve fired up the beauty, and dusted off my biggest cheaty latte bucket. I will need a Jerry can’s worth of milk just for one.

Mrs Wade is embellishing the display in readiness.

2000 - Krups Vivo + Whittard hand grinder

2010 - Gaggia Classic + Iberital MC2

2017 - ECM Mechanika IV Profi + Niche Zero

Aeropress / V60 / Puck Puck / Cafetière / Moka Pot / Ibrik (كـَنـَكـَة) / Lido E

cfb80bb2b71b4ea3f3b090e583846160.jpg

Now I quit

Aeropress / V60 / Puck Puck / Cafetière / Moka Pot / Ibrik (كـَنـَكـَة) / Lido E

Now I quit

Literally 3 mins after I’m upstairs getting puked on!

@SkateReclaimCreate

I need a bigger cup for the next comp

‘Tis the season

This pleases me.

The puke art competition is next week!

This pleases me.

The puke art competition is next week!

Haha it didn’t me. I only got one sip of coffee

@SkateReclaimCreate

It’s like pouring into an Olympic swimming pool...

And why is my heart pounding? Nobody mentioned this!

5515ecd64db4965a6e3ef4b27ac06229.jpg

These are all amazing!

10 minutes to go :) :)

Don't ask how many coffees I've just made... Seriously out of practice as I don't make flat whites..

Anyway...

46249126851_139943f038_c.jpg

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

‘Tis the season
To be sullied... fa la la la la...

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

Just to give you an idea.. 2 pints of blue top finished.. topped up with some green top.. Double spout put on, 18g coffee on the EK (running great now!) and washed out about 4 times.. Probnaly around 8 or 9 made in total, some utter failures (had a sip of each before tipping down the sink - sleep is important to me :rolleyes: )

Glad I took a pic before topping up with the dregs out of my milk jug. Oh, used two milk jugs ala Drittan but his presence wasn't anywhere to be seen :whistle:

45336205575_a20f15762d_c.jpg

On the plus side, I've finished my LSOL and am now delving into last months #SSSSS to use that up :rolleyes:

Oh, and whoever won the forum latté art comp this year should be banned from taking part :whistle:

;)

I was toying with the idea of ‘two jugs’...

One was enough, it was over so quickly.

Sorry.

Fantastic! Well done EVERYONE!! Your photos have been saved ready to upload into the polls after the final session on Tuesday.

Big round of applause to you ALL :) :)

Thanks M for hosting

@SkateReclaimCreate