wintoid

V60 4-6 method

Love seeing these newer variations on V60Â’s - definitely gonna have a look at the Kasuya Variation - I think I was accidentally doing something similar when I first started pourovers (helped by having a crap kettle with a big spout) and I didnÂ’t understand the slow pour - might have to try it again, now I get how to do it properly!

I currently have the regular V60 and doing the 4-6 method works just fine for me. How much of a difference does having the Kasuya dripper make?

I currently have the regular V60 and doing the 4-6 method works just fine for me. How much of a difference does having the Kasuya dripper make?
Less money in your pocket

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

Less money in your pocket

Agreed. Have used side by side against glass and plastic and there's really very little difference. Certainly nothing that can't be achieved by tweaking one of the other variables or would be invisible to most with normal variation in pour rate etc.

Though I believe it is still the only way you can get a black ceramic V60...and it's a fine looking thing!

16 minutes ago, Breezy said:

also tried this method and it really brings out the fruity and sweet notes whilst minimising acidity too I've found this great calculator too!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K9EMN-2PVELXMsLz6G2JX_B9eqTdYBT0FsYSLpixpF0/edit?usp=sharing

what grind setting are people using on the feld2 I'm currently at about 2-10

Nice, though that fixes brew ratio at 15:1. I've only found this method works better up to 16:1, but that may be a personal preference. 

I have two FG2s and they’re 0.6 apart, I have one at 2.4 and one at 2.10 and that works well for this method. I don’t pull it at 30s after the last pour but let it drip through which is usually around 45s.

As for brew ratio I always use 15:1 with this method and it doesn’t taste too strong to me.

Caravel, various drippers (v60, Wave, Mountain), Kinto/Wave kettles, Feldgrind, Hausgrind

yep I usually use 16:1 I wonder if I can adjust the spreadsheet formula somehow!

@Breezy why not keep water/pours the same & use 20.3g of coffee for 1:16?

“Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/

managed to edit the spreadsheet to allow additional ratios to be selected:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wh-Wc9PhPvCzzZg4FzuOjhfvWwsIQcDGXHBrBalusN0/edit?usp=sharing

4 hours ago, MWJB said:

@Breezy why not keep water/pours the same & use 20.3g of coffee for 1:16?

I usually brew 225 for just one cup so 14g and 450ml for 2 cups

OK, well use the water suggested for 450 & adjust the coffee weight. It's such a small change in dose that it will only impact on strength, it won't significantly change extraction if you keep everything else the same. If you get this sorted, then you'll need to up the number of pulses for the 225g brew, or make a large change in grind size...the same pour regime won't work for both at the same grind size.

Honestly, I'd get another brewer & perfect the 225 brew & make 2 of them (saves chopping & changing grind size & pour weights).

“Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/