MildredM

CFUK Christmas Pour-Down 2018

Woo! Well this was unexpected! Sorry for not posting last night, we’d been out to see some bands and I’d had one or two ‘shandies’.

Thanks to all involved, as always it’s been a great competition with some top notch pours and some...erm...well...pours

Big thanks to @bellabarista @foundrycoffeeroasters @Glenn for supporting the event and providing the prizes.

Special thanks to @MildredM for organising, hosting, and adding a little festive cheer to the forum I think you’ve set a precedent as top competition host M, job for life!

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

Well done some more Craig-R872 and Mmmatron :)

Hahahahahahahaha @mmmatron I’m handing over the baton for the comp next year - it’s far too stressy!!!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Congratulations to all who took part!

Thank you to the esteemed events coordinator @MildredM for managing this

Commiseration to @Rhys who was thrown out before the fun even started :)

@mmmatron please PM me name/address details so that I can dispatch your prize

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Congratulations to all who took part!

Thank you to the esteemed events coordinator @MildredM for managing this

Commiseration to @Rhys who was thrown out before the fun even started :)

@mmmatron please PM me name/address details so that I can dispatch your prize

Boooo!! Fix!! :(

;):popcorn:

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

@Rhys sorry I voted for snakes but his was the best .. I’ll vote for you next time

@Rhys sorry I voted for snakes but his was the best .. I’ll vote for you next time

You know who your friends are!!!!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

I have a sneaky suspicion everybodies entry would look worse when a speedster is lurking majestically in the background.

Still, at least there's plenty of time to practice before the next LAC.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

You know who your friends are!!!!

Guess who I voted for in your group ..... now say sorry

..so did I... :rolleyes:

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Guess who I voted for in your group ..... now say sorry

Awww sorry, Nicknak! You know who your friends ARE :) :)

I have a sneaky suspicion everybodies entry would look worse when a speedster is lurking majestically in the background.

Still, at least there's plenty of time to practice before the next LAC.

Next time it'll be in front of a jar of mellow birds and a kettle :rolleyes:

@Rhys you will have to change your signature... get rid of all that useless stuff :)

@Rhys you will have to change your signature... get rid of all that useless stuff :)

What, and just leave the jar of instant? You're only jealous cos' it's Kenco :D

Good evening ladies, gentlemen and forum members. It gives me inordinate pleasure, as Chair, Secretary, Presenter and Rules Manager of the inaugral CFUK Christmas Pour-Down 2018, to announce the winner.

First up though, thank you to our generous sponsors - @Bella Barista and @Foundrycoffeeroasters.com for donating the prizes. A kilo of Foundry beans will go to the overall winner and a kilo of single origin beans from the Bella Barista Roastery to be split between the next 4 places. A HUGE big Thank You to both roasters!

Thanks to @Glenn for agreeing to the staging of this competition and technical advice where required :)

Thanks to everyone for taking part. To @ashcroc for keeping me straight. To Captcha for some extra brain training in between posts. To the latte art pourers, supporters and hangers-on for joining in the banter - and a big thank you for the voters too. Sometimes you CAN count on the public to vote for the right winner* ;)

The standards were high in some cases. Promising in others. And downright pathetic in others, weren't they, @Snakehips. It is, of course, the taking part that counts (plus the winning, as I know only too well having not quite recovered from the recent upset when I didn't win the forum raffle the other day.)

However without further ado, it gives me great pleasure to proclaim the winner. With her outstanding pour gaining 15 votes, is @mmmatron :) Huge congratulations and a hug for her :)

The 4 runners-up are @Craig-R872 with 13 votes, @joey24dirt with 11 votes, MildredM with 7, and @hotmetal with 6 votes - didn't they do well! Pats on the backs all round :)

If everyone wants to pm me their addresses I can pass them on to the two roasters for their prizes to be sent direct in due course.

Well done everyone! Keeeeeeep pouring :) :)

*This is a reference to SCD which you won't get if you didn't watch it last night.

Heartiest Congratulations to Mmmatron. It was a good fun contest and the best barista won. Looking forward to the next one!

Just a quick update to let the winners of the Bella Barista beans know they will be sent out next week when they do a fresh roast :)

Bella Barista have posted our beans out tonight :) :)

Bella Barista have posted our beans out tonight :) :)
Lovely, was only thinking about those today.

Sage Dual Boiler. Baratza 270. Sage Smart Grinder Pro. 18g Vst ridgeless. Motta Competition Tamper 58.4mm. Aeropress.

Just in time

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Many thanks to the wonderful Bella Barista for sponsoring our latte art competition with these lovely prizes, gratefully received today! Thanks also to Mildred for her efforts!

Letterbox friendly too.

d6a1a14391cc1ff8a81ce2cafc18dc27.jpg

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Snap. Haven't tried their beans before so hopefully it will be another roaster to add to my list. 421341d2d0a786ea6311f3c6faa3631e.jpg

Sage Dual Boiler. Baratza 270. Sage Smart Grinder Pro. 18g Vst ridgeless. Motta Competition Tamper 58.4mm. Aeropress.

I've had beans from BB before, but not for a while and neither of these 2, so it's a good reminder that they're there! I must be a bean slag, I keep getting emails from all the roasters I've not used for a while trying to tempt me back! They're all good, but there's so many good ones to try, many still on my to do list, but it's also good to revisit old friends, so this is a timely reminder. Looking forward to trying these.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Mine arrived too - what a generous prize for everyone, thank you Bella Barista :) :)

d89a02440e29f5f6a2f3497ceafff096.jpg

Just me waiting then

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Mine have arrived. Thanks Very much all

@SkateReclaimCreate