MildredM

CFUK Christmas Pour-Down 2018

Thanks M, much appreciated!

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

Top work as always M thank you. Love that hat too

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Awww no!!! I totally forgot about this today.

Really wanted to to enter this and it totally escaped my mind.

God damn!! :rolleyes:

Well done to all that entered!

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Awww no!!! I totally forgot about this today.

Really wanted to to enter this and it totally escaped my mind.

God damn!! :rolleyes:

Well done to all that entered!

Aww you can't tell us how well you've understood the rules and then just how well you've got the date wrong. Doesn't work that way...

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

Lol thanks for remembering me. Looks like I fought for my right to compete frivously. My WiFi was down and for some reason I can't access the app using phone 4G. Any solutions! Good luck to all those who entered.

Just realised @M_H_S isn't in either group.

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

WOW! Joey24dirt, mmmatron and Craig-R872 are ALL ON NINE a piece! If you haven't voted yet and have time, nip over and have a look through and cast YOUR vote :)

Poll A

Poll 2

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Neck and neck and neck

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

I didn't know we could check the results. It's very close.

Sage Dual Boiler. Baratza 270. Sage Smart Grinder Pro. 18g Vst ridgeless. Motta Competition Tamper 58.4mm. Aeropress.

I didn't know we could check the results. It's very close.

It bloody is haha. It’s like watching a really slow horse race

Edited by joey24dirt
Typo

@SkateReclaimCreate

I’m literally going for a clean sweep

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

VOTE FOR @salty. HERE

PLEASE !

ProtestDuck2.jpg

Edited by Snakehips

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

VOTE FOR @salty. HERE

PLEASE !

Haha - NO! Vote for snakehips - I’m super excited about my clean sweep:)

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

It bloody is haha. It’s like watching a really slow horse race
That'd be a snail race.

On horse ground.

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Just 24* hours to vote folks.

*whatever . . . I’m sure the forum clock IS right but I’ve been wrong before. Haven't I @Snakehips :) :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

......... but I’ve been wrong before. Haven't I @Snakehips :) :)

Yes. Which time are you referring to?

I have them all logged on my spreadsheet if it helps. ;)

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Not long to go now :)

Looks like the jar of marmalade will be making its way around the 6th placers to share. I suggest we send it to anyone but Snakehips first that way there’s at least a slim chance there’ll be a smidgen left in the bottom of the jar for the next recipient.

Not long to go now :)

Looks like the jar of marmalade will be making its way around the 6th placers to share. I suggest we send it to anyone but Snakehips first that way there’s at least a slim chance there’ll be a smidgen left in the bottom of the jar for the next recipient.

Just send it out as vacuum packed sandwiches.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Good evening ladies, gentlemen and forum members. It gives me inordinate pleasure, as Chair, Secretary, Presenter and Rules Manager of the inaugral CFUK Christmas Pour-Down 2018, to announce the winner.

First up though, thank you to our generous sponsors - @Bella Barista and @Foundrycoffeeroasters.com for donating the prizes. A kilo of Foundry beans will go to the overall winner and a kilo of single origin beans from the Bella Barista Roastery to be split between the next 4 places. A HUGE big Thank You to both roasters!

Thanks to @Glenn for agreeing to the staging of this competition and technical advice where required :)

Thanks to everyone for taking part. To @ashcroc for keeping me straight. To Captcha for some extra brain training in between posts. To the latte art pourers, supporters and hangers-on for joining in the banter - and a big thank you for the voters too. Sometimes you CAN count on the public to vote for the right winner* ;)

The standards were high in some cases. Promising in others. And downright pathetic in others, weren't they, @Snakehips. It is, of course, the taking part that counts (plus the winning, as I know only too well having not quite recovered from the recent upset when I didn't win the forum raffle the other day.)

However without further ado, it gives me great pleasure to proclaim the winner. With her outstanding pour gaining 15 votes, is @mmmatron :) Huge congratulations and a hug for her :)

The 4 runners-up are @Craig-R872 with 13 votes, @joey24dirt with 11 votes, MildredM with 7, and @hotmetal with 6 votes - didn't they do well! Pats on the backs all round :)

If everyone wants to pm me their addresses I can pass them on to the two roasters for their prizes to be sent direct in due course.

Well done everyone! Keeeeeeep pouring :) :)

*This is a reference to SCD which you won't get if you didn't watch it last night.

Aw fab. Well done @mmmatron for taking the win, and well done to everyone else for getting involved. It’s been a really fun experience.

Thanks to the one and only @MildredM for doing what she does best. You’re a superstar.

@SkateReclaimCreate

Congrats to all the well deserving winners.

Hows's the 6th place desicion going @ MildredM?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Congrats to all the well deserving winners.

Hows's the 6th place desicion going @ MildredM?

Yes, you’re right. It’s going.

Woo! Well done mmmatron! Well done everyone else, and cheers Mildred, Glenn et al for organising it. This is getting like an Oscars speech... I'd like to thank the cow who generously donated her milk for my pours...

It's been a while since I had beans from Bella so just the ticket! Can't believe I've actually won something with my slightly dodgy pours. Cheers team!

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Woohoo and congrats to the winners!

And the winners' cows and steam wand benders!

Thank you M and G for hosting and organising, terrific comp that!

PS @MildredM - haha you liked before I thanked (need to post short messages as my TT keeps deleting stuff while I type...)

says Hasi.

Wow just got back home from family meal. Well done mmmatron and for everyone else taking part. Best keep practicing for the next one.

Sage Dual Boiler. Baratza 270. Sage Smart Grinder Pro. 18g Vst ridgeless. Motta Competition Tamper 58.4mm. Aeropress.