MildredM

CFUK Christmas Pour-Down 2018

32257277808_d76c114bf3_c.jpg

Fancy trying your hand at latte art and competing against other forum members with a prize and the CFUK Christmas Latte Art Crown for the winner?

Then enter the CFUK Christmas Pour-Down!

There is no need to sign up or register or do anything complicated in advance. Simply log in to the thread which most suits you which will be set up for the times specified above. A Magic Word will be posted on each thread five minutes before the start time. This word and your name should be written on a piece of paper and included in the photo of your pour. Your photo upload must be made within the 1 hour time slot.

The first 10 forum members per session to post an eligible photo will go into an online poll. If you miss the cut on the first session due to there being more than 10 unique participants then you can enter in the second session, and again in the third/forth if you miss the second/third.

Participation is restricted to one eligible entry per member. Remember, it will be the first eligible 10 to post per session that will go through for voting.

When all sessions have been completed the polls will go live, running concurrently. Voting will take place over a 5 day period. The winner will be the entry with the highest overall number of votes. In the event of a draw the organiser will cast the deciding vote!

We’ve got prizes! The victor will win a kilo of beans generously donated by @foundrycoffeeroasters.com . The wonderful folk at Bella Barista have donated a kilo of beans too meaning prizes for the runners up! There will also be a forum prize, courtesy of @Glenn and the kudos of being Christmas Pour-Down Champ 2018 and the fun of taking part in this unique event!

In the event of something we haven’t thought of cropping up - we’ll make it up as we go along! The organisers decision is most definitely final!

31189059747_8ea0159cac_c.jpg

32291007438_3463ab5ebf_z.jpg

Edited by MildredM

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Please let me know if anything isn't clear! And before you ask, it's going to be a 'free-pour', any style - heart, tulip, rosetta, swan etc! Remember, no 'paint' techniques allowed!

The polls are up!

Poll A

Poll B

Edited by MildredM

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

No Photoshop techniques either I presume

just to be clear...

No Photoshop techniques either I presume

just to be clear...

NO! And we will be looking closely ;)

Will professionals & mods/admins be allowed to enter or will they be getting their own categories?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Will professionals & mods/admins be allowed to enter or will they be getting their own categories?

No pros, it’s just for fun! And we are ok with admins, have you seen @Rhys 's pours?!!!

No pros, it’s just for fun! And we are ok with admins, have you seen @Rhys 's pours?!!!

Oy, I'll let you know my pours are barista level, in fact they are so 'posh' I've gone high end and got rid of the cup!

26066380602_2bfa01baa1_c.jpg

(one I did as an extra for a previous comp..)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Oy, I'll let you know my pours are barista level, in fact they are so 'posh' I've gone high end and got rid of the cup!

let alone god level paper choice/refinement.

Admins such as @Rhys will now be banned from taking part. Judging from his recent pour it’s obvious he’s been having lessons from a pro.

You will be given your own category @Rhys as suggested by @Hasi :)

Whooooop!! And more shrieks! Bella Barista have Just this minute offered PRIZES! Single origin beans for the next best in the poll :)

Make a note of the dates and times! Don’t miss out!!

A great big THANK YOU to Bella Barista!

32291007438_3463ab5ebf_z.jpg

Sounds great, nice one M, and of course Lee, Claudette and Glenn. Pretty cool to have forum fave roasters as external sponsors for our bit of seasonal fun.

The format that allows a choice of slots and solo entries means I might actually get to take part this time! Have fancied having a go (whilst knowing perfectly well I won't win) for the last few comps, but stupid work/ life balance and unpredictable lifestyle means I've kept my head down so as not to inconvenience anyone. Hopefully I'll be quick enough to whack an entry in!

It'll probably still look like the sorting hat out of Harry Potter (can that be a category?) but it's the taking part that counts.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Having thought about this a bit more - if there are a bunch of pros wanting a Pour-Down then let me know! We can set a thread up for a mutually convenient 1 hour slot ;)

Nearly missed this!

Note to self... must check on the Latte Art Challenge thread more often ;)

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Nearly missed this!

Note to self... must check on the Latte Art Challenge thread more often ;)

Phew! I was hoping you'd spot it (I meant to check round the threads to add names of those who'd shown an interest, but then when I remembered I forgot)!

I’ll be away with work for the first 2 sessions and may be at work on the 3rd but I’m off on the 4th session so I’ll be on that one if that’s okay, Mildred.

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

i’ll be away with work for the first 2 sessions and may be at work on the 3rd but i’m off on the 4th session so i’ll be on that one if that’s okay, mildred.

great!!

I’m getting quite excited/nervous for tomorrow now

My pours the last couple of days really haven’t been great, with the odd exception... even then they’re only good for me, and definitely won’t be in the running for anything

Pre-millennium La Pavoni, Sage Duo Temp Pro, Niche Zero

Aergrind + Aeropress for travelling

I’m getting quite excited/nervous for tomorrow now

My pours the last couple of days really haven’t been great, with the odd exception... even then they’re only good for me, and definitely won’t be in the running for anything

I’m excited too! It won’t be anything like as pressured as the Latte Art Challenge in Autumn! Good Luck @jonnycooper29 :)

Edited by MildredM

I’m excited too! It won’t be anything like as pressured as the Latte Art Challenge in Autumn! Good Luck @jonnycoooer29 :)
Santa Claus is coming to town, pressure enough!

Having followed last months forum latte art challenge and been impressed by the enthusiasm of all concerned, i’m encouraged to dust off my inner barista and have a go.

I hope by now everyone has had their tea, washed up, enjoyed a relaxing cuppa, read the paper, walked the dog/cat, and is ready for a non-stressful hour of pouring some lovely latte art! Let’s try and get 10 entries to kick things off tonight! Remember, it doesn’t matter which session you take part in as it will be the entry with the most votes who will be crowned winner!

Half an hour to the magic word :)

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?47435-Session-1-7pm-Thursday-December-6th-Christmas-Pour-Down-2018

I hope by now everyone has had their tea, washed up, enjoyed a relaxing cuppa, read the paper, walked the dog/cat, and is ready for a non-stressful hour of pouring some lovely latte art! Let’s try and get 10 entries to kick things off tonight! Remember, it doesn’t matter which session you take part in as it will be the entry with the most votes who will be crowned winner!

Half an hour to the magic word :)

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?47435-Session-1-7pm-Thursday-December-6th-Christmas-Pour-Down-2018

unfortunately nothing the like, but I need coffee so will pour me one and submit no matter what it looks like