mr-bean

Sage Spares

I'm not sure those in-tank filters really do much, other than contribute to Sage revenue stream to be honest. Best to use suitable water.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I need the little filter holder contraption that goes in water tank please!!!

Been oos on Sage site for months....

I may have a spare. Will need to check. As i mentioned to another forumer i am away from home but should be back on the weekend. Thanks.

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

Just as "easy" as sourcing parts for Thermoplan machines !

It looks like some one could simply stock certain Olab solenoids and O rings to suite. The rest though other than the pumps could proved difficult. It looks like Ulka can be used but not sure if it's a simple direct replacement. The thread connected ones aren't but they have been fitted to DB's along with a different metal OPV valve.

There is one general spares supplier in the USA that shows lots of bits for them. Stock according to web posts comes and goes. One of the things that I found interesting as prices are usually given is that they are relatively cheap in some areas so Sage could take their bunce from those. It seems to be a long standing Breville thing. At one point they offered exchange machines in the US. Sort of fixed price repair. Send machine back to them and receive another, they even sent packing out for the machine return. Costs looked to be fairly reasonable - $200 or so = ;) not sure how much inflation needs to be added. That I suspect is acceptable to many. The alternative of an engineer driving out to fix not really knowing what they will find isn't. It may be ok if some one lives near enough to their repairer to take a machine there.

Personally as the competition hots up I suspect that their sales will fall but with machines being shown in various chain's shops that people can visit easily that may not happen. Competition - Lelit are making a machine that in some ways is very similar to the DB . Spares for that are already on ebay. :) It's even easy to buy spares for many bean to cup machines. Many manufacturers of all sorts of things are used to working this way so that the fixers can be local or diy.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Profitec T64. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A, Ceado 37J. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

:pToo many filter baskets - maybe. For sale when I get round to it. Robur Elect, Ceado 37J, Ascaso i_1,Piccino

Hi,

I'm getting no steam or hot water, but I do get hot water coming from the coffee head, is this a solenoid issue?

I've cleaned both the grey solenoids and one was stuck solid with scale. I got it moving free again, but still no steam or hot water. It was the 18 bar solenoid that was stuck. Before cleaning the solenoid all the steam was coming out of the coffee head.

Any advice on fixing this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan