mr-bean

Sage Spares

Is there anywhere I can buy Sage BE spares, Sage just told me they will not sell to the public, agents only.

Always give the hardest job to the laziest person because they will always find the easiest way to do it.🤡

I definitely need a solenoid for the water/steam and perhaps a pump.

Always give the hardest job to the laziest person because they will always find the easiest way to do it.🤡

Try coffee classics......just google them......they are Sage authorised repairers

You might find the solenoid on ebay. Some one in Germany sells some also a number of others produced by the same manufacturer - olab

Pump - you can probably use an Ulka. Some people replace the ones in the DB with those.

Coffee Clasics may not sell to you. If that's the case request part numbers - phone Sage and order that way. I'd be very interested in the outcome.

Are you sure that the water / steam is done via a solenoid ? These are the solenoids for the BES860XL also the 870

BEsolenoids.jpg

However the usual fix on other Sage machines where there are more mentions is dismantle and clean.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A,. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

SageBanner_v01.jpg.a45786743a4eb401969788b45ae7f893.jpg

Out of interest the same site shows that a flow meter is fitted. Also a diffuser - not sure what that might do, maybe @DavecUK knows.

:) So a mid priced at the cheap end espresso machine catches up with even the cheaper bean to cup machines ;) even if Sage has put it in the wrong place.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A,. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

Try coffee classics......just google them......they are Sage authorised repairers

They won't supply parts only

If you need a pump you can get it from ebay for about £15. I replaced the one in my BE, it was an Ulka EP5. The solenoid (Olab) can also be purchased on ebay - they're about £38 and come from Germany, but that also include the valve, not just the electrical solenoid do an ebay search for Barista Express solenoid. If you need more help, let me know.

Also, for what it's worth, I called Coffee Classics a couple of days ago and they were of zero help. They wouldn't sell me a part (not allowed by Sage) nor even suggest an alternate source. Save yourself a phonecall!

You might find the solenoid on ebay. Some one in Germany sells some also a number of others produced by the same manufacturer - olab

Pump - you can probably use an Ulka. Some people replace the ones in the DB with those.

Coffee Clasics may not sell to you. If that's the case request part numbers - phone Sage and order that way. I'd be very interested in the outcome.

Are you sure that the water / steam is done via a solenoid ? These are the solenoids for the BES860XL also the 870

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37666[/ATTACH]

However the usual fix on other Sage machines where there are more mentions is dismantle and clean.

John

-

Yep that's the one I need, "solenoid valve" part number SP0020444 for BES870UK, when I checked the internals out it was clacking away as soon as the button was pressed.

Yep that's the one I need, "solenoid valve" part number SP0020444 for BES870UK, when I checked the internals out it was clacking away as soon as the button was pressed.

What is the problem you're experiencing?

It's such a pity Sage have decided to go this route. Makes their machines more disposable & dramatically reduces their value to those who aren't scared to fix things themselves.

Edited by ashcroc

Laissez les bons temps rouler

I love companies like sage who restrict spares and their resellers who won't sell spares...just warms the cockles of my heart. Inkjet printer manufacturers are just as nice to the consumer.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I love companies like sage who restrict spares and their resellers who won't sell spares...just warms the cockles of my heart. Inkjet printer manufacturers are just as nice to the consumer.
Depending on how much you print, laser printers will work out cheaper sooner or later once ink/toner is taken into account.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Sage for the most part are destined for landfill, there should be a rule on consumer electronics and domestic appliances that all parts will be available for at least 10years

also try looking for Breville spares - its what sage are rebadged from

keep calm and grind flat

What is the problem you're experiencing?

No water pressure at the grouphead, but steam works OK and the awful clacking noise when you press the 1 or 2 cup buttons.

That's typical of muck stopping the actual bit that moves in them going fully to the position it should end up at - try dismantling it and cleaning it. The usual reason is muck from the 3 way action.

If you want to replace search ebay for olab solenoids. Some are listed for Sage. It wouldn't surprise me if the seller could help with identification.

Really other than seals there is no reason why they should wear out that easily. Slight chance that even the seals are O rings. May not be but worth a look anyway.

From a few posts on the subject it does look that Sage want to make even more bunce via repairs. Contact is via a call centre. Bit stupid IMHO as better coffee brewing at home is seen as a coming thing. It's unusual for companies not to offer spares on many domestic items.

John

-

I have lots of spares because i have a non working machine i was hoping to strip and sell off.

So you are after only two parts? Solanoid and pump?

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

I have lots of spares because i have a non working machine i was hoping to strip and sell off.

I'm after the thermistor please..... could you let me know a price? Thanks.

No water pressure at the grouphead, but steam works OK and the awful clacking noise when you press the 1 or 2 cup buttons.

As john says the noise you're experiencing is most likely just scale in the solenoid valve. It's an easy fix, but you'll have to remove it, disassemble and descale. Not sure about the pressure issue but after you've fixed the valve issue, with the machine open, do a couple of shots (with coffee) and see if you can spot any internal leaks. I seem to have trouble with the teflon tube from the boiler to the valve.

I'm going to post a step by step about cleaning the valve, but work keeping me busy at the moment..... happy to talk you through it if you want to PM me.

Dave.

Going on what people get up to on DB's I don't think there will be much problems finding a suitable Ulka pump if the pump is causing problems. They are likely to wear out more quickly than a solenoid but if they can be taken apart seals might be O rings. Other seals elsewhere in the machine are also likely to be O rings. Pipes are usually connected this way. A flange on the end, an O ring and then a clip to hold it all in position. I did see one comment about a DB not being sealed this way but as it was a one off this might be misleading. Sage do have problems with them though so it is the sort of thing they might change. Typically on a DB some fail after 3 years. In that they very probably have a harder life than in their other machines.

John

-

Thermistor failing - wouldn't have thought so but .................... I very much doubt if Breville make parts like that so it may have a part number on it. Google may be your friend in that case. Some links for people

https://media.needapart.co.nz/manuals/BES810BSS_Full.pdf

https://media.needapart.co.nz/manuals/BES920_Full.pdf

https://media.needapart.co.nz/manuals/BES870%20Full.pdf

Sometimes spares sites give more precise detail of what a part actually is - thermal fuses for instance. ;) Not for the thermal protection on the pump though ;) so far.

John

-

I've written some instructions for fixing the buzzing sound/solenoid. Any idea how I upload a PDF??.

I'm after the thermistor please..... could you let me know a price? Thanks.
Can you post a pic?

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

I need the little filter holder contraption that goes in water tank please!!!

Been oos on Sage site for months....