dfk41

How long does your shot prep take you

I really don't care as there's never a queue of 10-20+ only myself & Mrs.MaB so it's irrelevant to me.

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

I really don't care as there's never a queue of 10-20+ only myself & Mrs.MaB so it's irrelevant to me.

Ages then!

AKA Toffee chips

Thats what I like to see, straight to the point coffee prep no fancy latte art malarkey, just pull me an espresso, steam the milk, pour and drink.

Expobar Office Leva, Gaggia Classic, Acaia Pearl Scales, Sage Smart Grinder, Ascaso i Mini Doser Grinder, Zassenhaus Hand Grinder, EB Labs Mesh Filter, AeroPress, IMS 18grm 25grm Baskets

I could have taken a lot longer, but would it have tasted any better? I have a Niche and have had a Versalab M3. I kept that a couple of weeks before selling it on to @Nod who I think appreciates it far more than I did. the reason for this, was simple. At the same time I will have had a Mythos and possibly a Royal or Nino or compak of some sort. For the extra shot prep, I could not discern much in the cup. So, it is not about constantly having a queue to make drinks for. I am 61 and presumably closer to the end of my life than the start. Do I want to waste a load of time prepping coffee? I am looking forward to th niche coming back but it is not going to get much use. I just feel I ought to have one to use when I fancy, or to make life easier if I want a brewed cuppa of some sort.

Now, I know many have said that for them, half the fun is in the shot prep.....I have no issue with that. the nice thing about having an opinion is that we can all have one and all be right, since this is not a court of law.

So, my little video could have gone disastrously wrong.....it did not.......the coffee tasted ok and I have several minutes of my life left to savour.......

No cooling flush, no weight of input, no weight of output....sure it can be done no problem.....

Is it about speed?

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Ages then!
Probably as I never time, so long as it's tasty all is well

No cooling flush, no weight of input, no weight of output....sure it can be done no problem.....

Is it about speed?

Does not need cooling flush as I had made one a few minutes earlier. My E5 seems pretty accurate. I check the output every couple of days to make sure it is within my ballpark.... @DavecUK....did you miss the fact the cup was sitting on scales......I did check output on this occasion as in fairness, I wanted the shot to be around 30 grams, knowing the input was around 18, and the pour took around 30 seconds.....

Probably as I never time, so long as it's tasty all is well

Totally agree, tasty can had in 45 seconds or 15 minutes!

AKA Toffee chips

I did not see the scales....but for me it's really not about shaving a minute or two off the routine...With the average member on here lucky to make 2 - 3 shots per day, I suspect they care even less.

Most machines for sale have had only light usage 5-7 shots per week and any polls indicate most people have 3 cups a day or less?

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I suppose it all depends how obsessed you are

AKA Toffee chips

Probably a stupid newbie question, but was that tampered at an angle??:popcorn:

A Northern Coffee Newbie. Sage Dual Temp Pro & Smart Grinder Pro.

Do you mean a right angle?

Totally unprepared.. Actually turned out to be a nice flat white with some amazing latté art :whistle:

Think this is around 1 min 30 secs from start to finish (and I did wipe the steam wand afterwards properly)

I never usually steam and pull a shot at the same time tbh, but shows I can do it. I'm usually half asleep on a morning and use my Niche as it's set up. The EK has a volumetric doser on it btw..

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Everything in existence is at an angle surely?

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar

Totally unprepared.. Actually turned out to be a nice flat white with some amazing latté art :whistle:

Think this is around 1 min 30 secs from start to finish (and I did wipe the steam wand afterwards properly)

I never usually steam and pull a shot at the same time tbh, but shows I can do it. I'm usually half asleep on a morning and use my Niche as it's set up. The EK has a volumetric doser on it btw..

Excellent.... working within self imposed routines, but no faff.....point of the thread was not to ridicule anyone else. I have made coffee for years now. No, I do not think I know it all but my tastebuds are not amazing yet I rarely make a cuppa I cannot drink.....each to his own but what I am saying is in my humble, an on demand grinder suits my coffee needs far better than a single dose......thouh, I love my Niche for many many reasons, but it will never be my go to

Quickest isn't always best . . .

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Quickest isn't always best . . .
As in stumbling around in the dark

You young 'uns - always in a hurry :) :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Excellent.... working within self imposed routines, but no faff.....point of the thread was not to ridicule anyone else. I have made coffee for years now. No, I do not think I know it all but my tastebuds are not amazing yet I rarely make a cuppa I cannot drink.....each to his own but what I am saying is in my humble, an on demand grinder suits my coffee needs far better than a single dose......thouh, I love my Niche for many many reasons, but it will never be my go to

Which is why I was thinking about a Mythos.. :rolleyes:

Decided to use the EK as it's the fastest grinder I have, and my routine uses the Niche metal cup (which fits my portafilter perfectly, as was it's design). I hardly use the Versalab now tbh as it's a bit slow, especially when I'm on autopilot on a morning (around 5.30 am). When I get home it's usually too late to make anything caffeinated. The EK is on demand as it's got the volumetric doser and hopper on top, you just can't see it in the vid.

As I finished the LSOL in my hopper (Notes.. was frozen when I got it) I've now chucked a bag of Dark Arts DSOL in that I'd also frozen. Dosing 17g into 34g. Shaved 10 seconds off, but with better technique and properly dialling it in I could shave a bit more off.

To be honest, the Niche does me, and I prefer a darker roast espresso for my morning commute, which suits a conical more. The EK is mainly for brewed. I'll get it properly aligned one day :rolleyes:

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Is it my imagination or did they nick the gear shifter from a Raleigh Chopper?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Ian: “That’s a nice looking machine, isn’t it?”

Seed set :) :) :)