M_H_S

Fluctuating PID lcd issue with thermostat?

Hi just wondered if the temperature displaying on an LCD display is jumping all over the place while rising to the desired temp is a certain issue with the thermostat?

The machine is a Casadio Dafne S1 which is almost identical to a Faema Carisma S1 except it doesn't have an e61 group. Its a single boiler heat exchanger i believe.

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

i believe thats not normal. how long it takes for the machine to rise to desired temp? could you post a video? did you recently bought this off ebay?

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

1. Age of machine (not when you got it)

3. Water used

4. What maintenance has been done and when

5. If possible Photos/video with sound

6. description of problem (rule of thumb, once brief sentence is usually not enough)

And tell us if it has always done this or recently started doing it?

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I don't own it. I am considering whether i should buy it, so trying to analyse the prob before i buy it and offer a price for it.

Here is the video that the owner made for me to show the issue.

https://we.tl/t-GHdJb5fgPO

Having trouble attaching the video file so hopefully the link to the download works.

If it is the thermostat I am not even sure if I'd be able to source a new one.

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

Hi were you able to view the video. Otherwise i will try to download and upload through my pc. It won't be available soon so I'd appreciate any input.

1. Age of machine (not when you got it)

3. Water used

4. What maintenance has been done and when

5. If possible Photos/video with sound

6. description of problem (rule of thumb, once brief sentence is usually not enough)

And tell us if it has always done this or recently started doing it?

It could be the temp sensor, but usually a bad connection gives an error code, or a bad sensor gives a different code. The Italians like A1 and A2 for the codes. in fact it probably is the sensor, but there is always the chance that it's the circuitry displaying the temp itself going wrong (the round thing is just a display)

The circuit to display temp will be in a black box inside the machine. I'm not familiar with that machine, but allow £30 for a temp sensor and £90 for a black box, as you have to take the risk, consider offering £120- £150 less (perhaps even more)_ than they are asking. As always though you're taking a chance.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

It could be the temp sensor, but usually a bad connection gives an error code, or a bad sensor gives a different code. The Italians like A1 and A2 for the codes. in fact it probably is the sensor, but there is always the chance that it's the circuitry displaying the temp itself going wrong (the round thing is just a display)

The circuit to display temp will be in a black box inside the machine. I'm not familiar with that machine, but allow £30 for a temp sensor and £90 for a black box, as you have to take the risk, consider offering £120- £150 less (perhaps even more)_ than they are asking. As always though you're taking a chance.

Thanks a lot Dave. I really appreciate the advice and it is helpful especially if i took the risk of trying to mend it.

Its an interesting machine, based and looks identical to an e61 heat exchanger except the brew group is not an e61. I am hoping its an electrically heated one like some of the Bezerras. That may make the difference for me.

Whats even more incredible is that his target brew temp is 110 degrees!!!