joey24dirt

58.4mm recycled skateboard tampers.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, IMO they're BOTH fantastic.

@joey24dirt I'll take the first if you can hang on for payment until December? Do you know if the 58.4mm would fit a stock profitec basket?

That’s awesome thanks. I honestly don’t know if it will fit the profitec but if it doesn’t I’m more than happy to swap for you

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

My Profitec 700 baskets take a 58.4mm

I bet the No 2 take a fair bit more work .. lovely looking

My Profitec 700 baskets take a 58.4mm

I bet the No 2 take a fair bit more work .. lovely looking

Haha it’s the other way round. The first one is more work, but not by much.

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Joey produce beautiful tampers not skates :):p

GaggiaEnthusiast

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

I also thought the second tamper was nicer than the first...looked very unusual.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

They're both ace, I do prefer #2.

I think a variation on #1 where the alternating sections are offset by a small amount, rather than alternating 90°, might be good. As in a spiral effect. Maybe?

M

Baseline: Bodum Arabica French Press, Pact pre-ground // Gotta start somewhere!

June-18: Gaggia Classic (2007) w/usual refinements; VST basket; Fiorenzato F5 w/lens hood mod.

Sep-18: Espro Ultralight Travel Press // Not cheap, but worth every cent.

Oct-18: ACS Minima Beta, Niche Zero. Pullman 18g basket & Big Step // Livin' the dream

Dang. It's mostly about beans, and consistency.

They're both ace, I do prefer #2.

I think a variation on #1 where the alternating sections are offset by a small amount, rather than alternating 90°, might be good. As in a spiral effect. Maybe?

M

Was thinking something like rotating 1 laminate each time might look good too.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

In theory, yes it would look great. In practice, it would be super tricky they slip and slide all over the place when you apply the glue haha. Worth a try though for the next one.

@SkateReclaimCreate

In theory, yes it would look great. In practice, it would be super tricky they slip and slide all over the place when you apply the glue haha. Worth a try though for the next one.

Apologies for the unsolicited design input

June-18: Gaggia Classic (2007) w/usual refinements; VST basket; Fiorenzato F5 w/lens hood mod.

Oct-18: ACS Minima Beta, Niche Zero. Pullman 18g basket & Big Step // Livin' the dream

Apologies for the unsolicited design input

It’s ok it’s a good idea I always appreciate feedback

@SkateReclaimCreate

That's why I tended to go old school with fish glue when playing with wood as it sets almost immediately. Has a bit of a wiff when it's being heated though so not everyones cup of tea.

That's why I tended to go old school with fish glue when playing with wood as it sets almost immediately. Has a bit of a wiff when it's being heated though so not everyones cup of tea.

Hmm sounds delicious. I have experimented with mitre bond with a few of them. It’s good and fast but you have to be right straight away haha.

One thing to note with these tampers. I found out the hard way that they shouldn’t be left on your machine when not in use. The heat softens the glue and causes defects in the finish, and in one case it came apart. My own fault really as I should’ve know better

@SkateReclaimCreate

Hmm sounds delicious. I have experimented with mitre bond with a few of them. It’s good and fast but you have to be right straight away haha.

One thing to note with these tampers. I found out the hard way that they shouldn’t be left on your machine when not in use. The heat softens the glue and causes defects in the finish, and in one case it came apart. My own fault really as I should’ve know better

Hmm. Might an epoxy glue work better?

You can get them with various set times so adjustment shouldn't be an issue.

Cascamite?

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Cascamite?

Bless you

@SkateReclaimCreate

Bless you

gesundheit

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Good to know as that’s where I keep mine!

Good to know as that’s where I keep mine!

I was supposed to add a little advice slip but I forgot lol. Yup that’s where I kept mine. The glue swells in the joints from the heat. Not good for it.

@SkateReclaimCreate

gesundheit

Na zdrowie

Hold on, this isn't the word association thread...

I was supposed to add a little advice slip but I forgot lol. Yup that’s where I kept mine. The glue swells in the joints from the heat. Not good for it.

Yeah, a little sticker saying that and not dishwasher proof (aimed more at lids and stuff) ;)

Yeah, a little sticker saying that and not dishwasher proof (aimed more at lids and stuff) ;)

Yeah good idea. I’ll have a look online once the nippers are asleep, see if there’s s generic print out that would fit .

@ATZ still want the other one?

@SkateReclaimCreate

Sticker is a great idea.

The company I work for gives out at exhibitions etc. some quite nice looking see-through plastic water bottles, with a chunky lid; they always seem popular.

Unfortunately not everyone reads the text on the outside packaging, and discovers at some point that the bottles come out of the dishwasher a different (less useful) shape!

If they had a sticker now...

It might be worth trying this glue

https://www.axminster.co.uk/titebond-iii-waterproof-wood-glue-946ml-31floz-101767?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_O2Dypvr3gIVqrvtCh3RJAoyEAQYBSABEgJQyfD_BwE

The manufacturer gives it an 800psi strength at 150F or 65C - see tech specs at the bottom of the page

http://www.titebond.com/product/glues/e8d40b45-0ab3-49f7-8a9c-b53970f736af

Yeah good idea. I’ll have a look online once the nippers are asleep, see if there’s s generic print out that would fit .

@ATZ still want the other one?

Yep I'll take it at asking Joey, so long as you can wait until December for funds?

Sage Duo Temp Pro and Mazzer Super Jolly (Doserless Mod) | Espresso Addict!

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)