lee1980

Naked Portafilter splutter

It's still likely just your puck prep. Do you stir grinds? Are you now weighing your grinds with a better scale? Maybe try a different basket too, the triple baskets that come with naked portafilter are often pretty rubbish quality.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I had been stirring with finder as it falls in basket, perhaps not best way! ah ok i think its 21gm that came with rocket naked porta filter handle.  Which basket be a good upgrade?

I need to weigh more especially when new beans are added.  I was getting the kickstartes scales on here, forget what called now, but need something better.

Edited by lee1980
  • Like 1

Thanks

Lee. (R58 and Zenith 65e)

I got some brilliant scales from amazon. They have a built in timer too which is handy.

Personally I would grab an IMS basket, the 12-18 gram I think it is. Dose depending on bean and stir well before tamping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

+1 for IMS - just be aware to grind finer compared to a standard basket.

• Like 1

Thanks Joey any links to scales?

Thanks

bemece Digital Kitchen Scale Drip Coffee Scale with Timer, 3 kg/0.1 g Kitchen Food Scale with Tare Function, Batteries Included (Blue) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D4MVPQB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ud8uDbYAAGZ43

That’s them. I’ve had mine a few months now and they are great. Granted I don’t use them daily but when first dialling in a new brand they are spot on. Just watch the timer though as it will just run on and on until you stop it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Thanks Joey,

Yeah I guess, its a definite should be used when getting new beans etc, with my current scale I find the porta filter needs to be balanced on and it has a power off timer that is to short must be less than minute and it shuts off!

• Like 1

Thanks

Thanks Joey,
Yeah I guess, its a definite should be used when getting new beans etc, with my current scale I find the porta filter needs to be balanced on and it has a power off timer that is to short must be less than minute and it shuts off!
Check the instructions of you still have them. It may be possible to extend or disable the auto power off.
  • Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler