IGNORED

My observations on the Niche Zero grinder

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There you go, showing off your big grinder again ?? Just an observation . . . I wonder . . .  Would all the argument/discussion etc around the Niche have had the same direction if, when someone s

I might as well join in. My observations are. I put beans in grinder Niche grinds them I put coffee in basket, insert into coffee machine. I make Espresso I enjoy Espresso I smile I'm not spe

I found it easy , I just answered a tenth of your posts .??? .. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Nopapercup said:

but I would like in the future to get a good flat grinder and try another coffee machine like a Vesuvius or Londinium.

Not sure where you’re based but if you are near London I use an EK43 with Titus burr carrier with an original plumbed L1 and a Vesuvius at two Farmers Market on Saturday and Sunday. You’re welcome to come and have  play although towards the end of the Markets would be best - they get busy this time of year! ( A Niche is on decaf duty but you know all about that grinder?)

Edited by Stevebee
  • Thanks 1
Not sure where you’re based but if you are near London I use an EK43 with Titus burr carrier with an original plumbed L1 and a Vesuvius at two Farmers Market on Saturday and Sunday. You’re welcome to come and have  play although towards the end of the Markets would be best - they get busy this time of year! ( A Niche is on decaf duty but you know all about that grinder[emoji3])
Even without playing with them i would be v interested to taste the results. Which markets and which beans do you opt for?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Stevebee said:

Not sure where you’re based but if you are near London I use an EK43 with Titus burr carrier with an original plumbed L1 and a Vesuvius at two Farmers Market on Saturday and Sunday. You’re welcome to come and have  play although towards the end of the Markets would be best - they get busy this time of year! ( A Niche is on decaf duty but you know all about that grinder?)

Can't remember which markets you do but I'm interested! 

7 hours ago, Stevebee said:

Wow that would be amazing. 

I go to London every few months and I'll next be up beginning of Jan. Which markets are you at?

Every Saturday we’re at Barnes Farmers Market (10:00-14:00) SW13 9HG on Sunday at Stroud Green Market  (10:00 - 15:00) N4 3HB. At Barnes park in Nassau Road at Stroud just park on street unless Arsenal are playing at home - not that often fortunately ? 

As I mentioned probably best in the last hour of the market otherwise you might get roped in serving coffees!

• Thanks 1

I use a Niche with my La Pavoni with no problem. For single dosing grinders though, the Versalab is pretty good (and the other one that has recently been shown somewhere on here that looks like one). I took mine to the last Rave lever day and it got some good use down there amongst the La Pavs (although the La Pav portafilter is a bit small for it and had to be dosed into a cup).

Oh, it's both conical and flat.. Just to throw a spanner in the works :whistle:

_RGM5489.thumb.JPG.3a22c78d96f80ae1eff8b85f4c2d6555.JPG

(RAVE Lever day 2019)

• Like 4

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

It ticks all the boxes apart from being within budget, that's some serious money. Hard to justify when I drink 2/3 cups a day.

After some research, the WUG isn't compatible with my version of HG-1 which is a real shame.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That's what I'll do.

I've got a friend with an Atom, he's coming over with it. Will be interesting to taste the difference between conical and flat, if there is any.

I’m not sure where you live, but I’m happy to show you the Niche if you are near Newbury in Berkshire.

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

12 minutes ago, Rtansley said:

It ticks all the boxes apart from being within budget, that's some serious money. Hard to justify when I drink 2/3 cups a day.

After some research, the WUG isn't compatible with my version of HG-1 which is a real shame.

I am sure cc would part ex if you asked him nicely. That said, yours should sell easily enough

1808484491_dfk41toffee2.JPG.78120b8fa5b4a1ac62bd0d035cf72d1f.JPG

I’m not sure where you live, but I’m happy to show you the Niche if you are near Newbury in Berkshire.
I'm up in North Yorkshire. A tad far, thank you for the offer. I feel like it's time for a change, so unless there's a massive difference between the two and Niche really can't compete then I'll make the swap. So chances are the hg-1 will be in the for sale section shortly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stevebee said:

Every Saturday we’re at Barnes Farmers Market (10:00-14:00) SW13 9HG on Sunday at Stroud Green Market  (10:00 - 15:00) N4 3HB. At Barnes park in Nassau Road at Stroud just park on street unless Arsenal are playing at home - not that often fortunately ? 

As I mentioned probably best in the last hour of the market otherwise you might get roped in serving coffees!

I'll stop by Barnes the next Saturday I'm in London

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 03/12/2019 at 22:32, dfk41 said:

Trust me.......there is! If you cannot taste the difference, time to sell up and buy Nespresso! Only other consideration is the roast level of beans you prefer. many say a flat is better suited to a lighter roast and a conical to a darker

so medium roast would be fine?considering niche 

cheers

Edited by shodjoe1
10 minutes ago, shodjoe1 said:

so medium roast would be fine?considering niche 

cheers

I drink medium roasts and it's fine (I also do light ones and I don't find it problematic for those either)

• Like 1

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG

• 5 months later...

Thank you everyone and CoffeeChap!  This is my first visit, first post and I read thru the first 8 pages of replies here (plenty to go).  Offering free advice?

- I am a rank novice, never even been a diehard coffee drinker (PG Tips).  I'm coming from a moka pot to a first espresso machine, Rocket Mozzafiato R, ordered upon recommendation of the local baristas / repair tech.  I'm looking forward to balancing the sour > good < bitter.  I'm on the Yankee side of the pond in Boulder Colorado.

- Parameters are:  always single dosing, mostly bachelor, under £720$1k USD, small form factor.  I like dark earthy roasts now when they come out smooth, but reckon my preferences will evolve.  I experiment with small quantities of different bulk beans from the local markets.

Choices that I see are:

- Niche £500    (no stock)
- HG-1  £700    (?, no stock, wireless, tall for my kitchen cabinets unless the big wheel is removed)
- Pharos £180   (wireless)

The first two are on backorder, so I'll begin with my £100 Capresso.  I have a microgram scale in my home enginerding biz workshop, tho that’s not near the kitchen.   - Ralph

Edited by rburns

@rburns Welcome to the forum...there are other threads on the Niche as well, some a little more positive. There is also the Solo Flat burr grinder to consider as well.

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG