coffeechap

My observations on the Niche Zero grinder

I know 2000 seems a lot , that is an awful amount of Niche cups to get the next one ..... 
At this rate you'll be on 10k by Christmas without having the foggiest idea how you managed it!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

5 minutes ago, ashcroc said:

At this rate you'll be on 10k by Christmas without having the foggiest idea how you managed it! emoji38.png

The lathe will need new bearings by then ..🥴

• Like 2

The lathe will need new bearings by then ..
maybe the bear needs a new lathe half way there
  • Like 2

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

10 minutes ago, Hasi said:
19 minutes ago, Nicknak said:
The lathe will need new bearings by then ..emoji3061.png

maybe the bear needs a new lathe half way there

It is on the list 😬

• Like 1

Oi stop spoiling my thread 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

AKA Toffee chips

3 minutes ago, coffeechap said:

Stop being grumpy 😂

• Haha 2

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

9 minutes ago, coffeechap said:

The Niche is such a pretty little thing with all the wooden bits 

• Haha 1

has anybody else noticed a raising antitude?

As in antipasti... now dude wants oil on his bread. Give him something to eat@haventadog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

6 hours ago, Hasi said:

Haha!

I've been happy with all my buying decisions so far - which doesn't mean you can't be happier with yet another buying decision emoji23.png

There's always folk who struggle to fund equipment and those wealthy enough to get it all at once.
Being proud of and excited over a new item is one thing folk keeps posting about. Another is nagging - which, psychologically speaking, may be a coping strategy to excuse themselves for their poor decision making, mentally parting ways with existing stuff, maybe simple envy, regret, annoyance or whatever...

Reviews are a delicate thing that can be misleading in all sorts of directions. Just be careful and build your own opinion on facts that are important and work just for you! If you can, ask someone local to let you have a play on their unit or try out at a store. We also have the right to return things if we don't like them, make use of that and see for yourself!

This is at the centre of it for me - well said

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

keep calm and grind flat

Posted (edited)

What is amusing is that the first post of this thread  seems to have gone by the wayside, with the bickering back and forth, people getting uptight about their kit!

enjoy your equipment, I have said this before, the only person who matters In this coffee endeavour is you, if you are happy stick if not twist. 

Edited by coffeechap
  • Like 3

AKA Toffee chips

I might as well join in.

My observations are.

I put beans in grinder

Niche grinds them

I put coffee in basket, insert into coffee machine.

I make Espresso

I enjoy Espresso

I smile :)

I'm not spending any more money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Gear:   Gaggia Classic, La Pavoni Euopiccola, Niche zero grinder.

14 minutes ago, GrowlingDog said:

Oh no, how are you going to buy beans

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

AKA Toffee chips

Oh no, how are you going to buy beans
Oh no.

Hadn't thought of that.

Anyone got any free beans :) :)
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, GrowlingDog said:

I might as well join in.

My observations are.

I put beans in grinder

Niche grinds them

I put coffee in basket, insert into coffee machine.

I make Espresso

I enjoy Espresso

I smile :)

Man on forum claims to have 'reached the end' of his equipment journey..... 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sage DTP | Santos #4

25 minutes ago, pgarrish said:

Man on forum claims to have 'reached the end' of his equipment journey..... 😂😂😂😂😂😂

must've been his last words on here then...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

says Hasi.

2 minutes ago, Hasi said:

Definitely and just after he peaked with his equipment as well.. 😉.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

4 hours ago, xpresso said:

Definitely and just after he peaked with his equipment as well.. 😉.

Jon.

A day has passed by, A man can change his mind.

My brand new Gaggia classic is now back at Gaggia, it's a simple problem, it should be anyway, but they are not making my life easy and I may well not be continuing on the Gaggia journey as a result.  That would mean I need a new coffee machine again.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hasi said:

A very hard decision .... 😵.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

56 minutes ago, xpresso said:

A very hard decision .... 😵.

Jon.

he back!

• Like 1

says Hasi.

6 hours ago, Hasi said:

Nope!

AKA Toffee chips

On 17/07/2019 at 13:21, GrowlingDog said:

A day has passed by, A man can change his mind.

My brand new Gaggia classic is now back at Gaggia, it's a simple problem, it should be anyway, but they are not making my life easy and I may well not be continuing on the Gaggia journey as a result.  That would mean I need a new coffee machine again.

Stick with the La Pav, or you may end up with a KVdW.. erm. how did that happen...There's a nice Sage Barista Express up for grabs in the sale section, it went nice with my Niche to single dose as well as having an espresso blend in the hopper.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..