RazorliteX

Sanremo Verona 3 Group

Hi gals and guys,

as per the thread title has anyone had much experience with these?

Looking to start a small coffee shop (internal to my company) within the next 12 months and would prefer to get the stock in now so I can concentrate on running costs as opposed to fixed.

Anyway I digress, will be looking to do around 100 cups per day (and that's just me drinking it, ahem) though would like to scale it up if we ever decide to open up.

I'm not overly fussed with volumetric vs gravimetric though I do like an element of control if I decide I want to pour the odd shot. I suspect it will have peak periods around morning and lunchtime.

If not the Sanremo Verona - could anyone advise another model? Also, based in Hampshire/New Forest where the water is relatively (relatively, try bloody) hard so any guidance on water filters would be great too!

Thanks

Mark

Kit: Some coffee bashers for the beans and some water heater thingies for the brewing bit.

Forget a 3 group - a 2 group + Instanta type hot water boiler is much more versatile.

Do you want PID control for each group (eg Verona), or a standard HX system ?

Forget a 3 group - a 2 group + Instanta type hot water boiler is much more versatile.

Do you want PID control for each group (eg Verona), or a standard HX system ?

Thanks for the comment! Prefer PID control for each group. It's a personal preference but HX was never my thing.

Kit: Some coffee bashers for the beans and some water heater thingies for the brewing bit.

How many cups do you expect to make during each rush period?

How many cups do you expect to make during each rush period?

In the first year if we stay internal, probably around 30-50 in the space of approx 30-40 mins.

Can do you a great deal on a Fracino Pid 2 or 3 group and filter...... Pm me if you interested. Andy

http://www.thecoffeebean-vanandroaster.co.uk/default.html

[email protected]

Toper Cafemino - Fracino Contempo Dual - Fracino K3 - Piaggio Ape............fresh beans!:)

Hi,

Check out the excellent reviews on the Sanremo Verona RS on our website:

>

If you are interested in this machine click "Get My 4 Quotes" to receive four competitive quotes from our partner vendors.

The Bibium Team

Edited by Jon

Hi,

>

If you are interested in this machine click "Get My 4 Quotes" to receive four competitive quotes from our partner vendors.

The Bibium Team

I believe you should be paying the forum for advertising!

Edited by Jon

AKA Toffee chips

Hi,

>

The Bibium Team

Yes, please follow the advertising links and make contact if you're interested. I'll be removing links to your site...

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

To the OP , you dont need a 3 group ... a hx with a big enough boiler will be temp stable. Your customers wont notice the difference of 1c here or there on extraction temp

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Thanks all, any recommendations for a decent HX that is also visually pleasing? (Sorry I know, I don't expect much..)

machine appearance will depend on it's surroundings - ie. a modern techie office may suit a modern design... or maybe a retro design....

A Google rummage should give some ideas.

Appearance is something yet you are more worried about , most people wont care beyond it looking clean.

You have to work with gear though that you want to work with.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Appearance is something yet you are more worried about , most people wont care beyond it looking clean.

You have to work with gear though that you want to work with.

I'm not sure where you are getting "more worried about" unless you mean an additional worry which is spot on, as aesthetics is a factor given some of the staff we have.

Main factors are still the frequency at peak periods, the ability to play (i.e. not fully auto) and scalability in that is it worth getting a machine that can handle 200-400 if the internal cafe is opened to service users etc.

If you are about to get 3g Verona PID - check condition of the front boilers. For first few years San Remo was using wrong o-ring causing leaks after 2-3 years of usage. Corrosion kills screws, and boiler has to be replaced :)

If you are about to get 3g Verona PID - check condition of the front boilers. For first few years San Remo was using wrong o-ring causing leaks after 2-3 years of usage. Corrosion kills screws, and boiler has to be replaced :)

Thanks for the advice, I've currently got it in the garage while I'm installing a 3 phase power supply and working out water filter. The unit itself is 2014 and seems ok (heats up etc) but will pull it apart at the weekend when I've got some decent light.

Cheers!

I think one of the Verona' PCBs is located under the driptray, on the right - just ready to go pop when wet (!)

Would be worth sealing up that PCB box with silicone mastic.

I think one of the Verona' PCBs is located under the driptray, on the right - just ready to go pop when wet (!)

Would be worth sealing up that PCB box with silicone mastic.

The seller has sent me the last service invoice and statement of work, and yup - looks like the PCB was replaced due to shorting/wet.

I'm going to mastic it up as you say as it looks like the replacement was around 350 inc vat.

That's why the Scottish San Remo distributor stopped selling Veronas 1-2 years ago (!)

(Under the driptray, or on the machine floor, is a daft place to site any electronics imho)

Posted (edited)
That's why the Scottish San Remo distributor stopped selling Veronas 1-2 years ago (!)

(Under the driptray, or on the machine floor, is a daft place to site any electronics imho)

Cheers! The unit itself is in relatively good nick, its had a thorough service though seems to be leaking a bit too much steam (IMO) from the top left of the boiler (I assume its the pressure release valve) when heating up to get to temperature as I've had the cover off.

At the moment I've got it opened up as a "project" in the kitchen until I'm happy that it is in full working order. Here it is with the cover back on.

45908009374_2bc6739df2_b.jpg_DSF4367 by Mark Barnes, on Flickr

Edited by RazorliteX

Steam leak will be from either the anti-vac valve or the boiler safety valve. A new anti-vac valve is cheap, as is a safety valve.

PS Your machine will need a boiler pressure test & certification for it's commercial work environment....(your insurance company may insist on one)