fatboyslim

LSOL November - Triple Co Roast [Bristol]

Hey guys!

My name is Jo, I’m the roaster and owner at Triple Co. Super awesome reading everyone’s comments, glad you guys are enjoying it. Looking forward to more feedback and revealing the coffee!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers! In your opinion - when should this be good to go for espresso? :)

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II // Macap MXD //

@Daren

Glad to hear it ashcroc :D

Thanks. I wasn't too worried due to past experiences of the post but you never know until it lands on your doorstep. Edited by ashcroc
Spelling

Laissez les bons temps rouler

I’ve been having espresso with it the last few days but today it took a step up. Delicious!

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

I’m still working through the last of my previous bag, not tried these yet. Any pointers for espresso?

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

I’m still working through the last of my previous bag, not tried these yet. Any pointers for espresso?
@TCR will give some tips

Enjoyed as espresso today; can't quite put my finger on the tasting notes and was running a bit late so couldn't ponder it all breakfast! Something recognisable but not definable coming through clearly. Nice and clean.

Ended up going 18>38 in 35s. I'm running my pump at 6bar at the moment so my niche settings are even less helpful than normal to anyone else but was at a fairly standard 23.5

Niche Zero || Feld2 || Aergrind

Profitec Pro 500 PID || Acaia Lunar

Kalita Wave || V60 || Aeropress || Clever Dripper || French Press

Tried as espresso this morning 18-38 in 43 secs will slacken off a bit, still nice though, having to slacken off on settings from last LSOL.

What's the point...it'll only change soon!

So this morning I had my last espresso of Nicaraguan Renegade from DOCASA (fruity yet elegant natural, very bright) then had my first try of this as espresso and the side by side comparison has blown my mind!! I'll have another later to think about tasting notes (although I'm not great at that...) but what was so striking was the difference in mouthfeel, the DOCASA is smooth and creamy but this was genuinely fizzy, like a glass of pop!! So my first thought is orange cola! Really delicious. :)

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

Tried these for the first time tonight after 7 days resting. Really impressed! Had to grind coarser from my previous beans and after dialing in I’m getting citrus notes and very smooth. Probably one of the smoothest espresso’s I’ve had for a good while tbh.

I’m crap at tasting the notes, or rather I’m crap at producing them lol Anyone else getting citrus from there’s or is it just me?

The LSOL Blend? Is it a coffee that TCR actually sell or blended specifically for LSOL??

Edited by Deeez Nuuutz

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Tried these for the first time tonight after 7 days resting. Really impressed! Had to grind coarser from my previous beans and after dialing in I’m getting citrus notes and very smooth. Probably one of the smoothest espresso’s I’ve had for a good while tbh.

I’m crap at tasting the notes, or rather I’m crap at producing them lol Anyone else getting citrus from there’s or is it just me?

The LSOL Blend? Is it a coffee that TCR actually sell or blended specifically for LSOL??

It's not a blend - it's a single origin bean (like all LSOL offerings)

Details will be revealed in due course. Keeps your eye on the thread

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Sometimes the LSOL beans are available on the roasters website & other times, they're special lots they've brought in especially for us. Only way to find out either way is to wait for the reveal.

Ahh thanks guys. I wasnt aware there was a reveal with it being my first LSOL.

Ill be interested to know what these are as I’m really enjoying them so far :-)

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Bunged some through the Niche for my commute brew, and thought it was very nice. Not quite got the grind right yet though.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Still getting that cola fizz, absolutely delicious, but I left my spro to cool a bit more this morning & it became super citrussy!! I think this one is my favourite yet :)

I'm really enjoying these. In my filter brews I've been getting dark fruit flavours like forest fruits, citrus zest and a caramel or molasses sweetness on the finish. I get the cola note people have mentioned. They really remind me of a washed Columbian I had last year from Django so I'll guess that is what these are.

Beat me to it. My guess was going to be Colombian washed too. Rather than make a different guess for the sake of it, I'll leave it at that.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Haven't opened these yet but since I don't want to miss out on a guess like last month I'll take a wild stab in the dark with a Patagonian Honey washed. May have another go if I get to taste them in time!

At first with filter I got some fun slightly citrusy notes, with a funky spicy flavour at the end... Might be what others are describing as cola?

The citrus has mellowed out a bit with a bit more rest, but still there :)

I was thinking washed Colombian as well, just based on the bit of citrus there, sounds like I'm joining the crowd!

Well for my first foray into light roasted beans I’ve got to say, I love them! I find it’s a really light and smooth coffee, something I’m not really used to tbh. Haven’t tried them in the AP yet but will do tomorrow at work and looking forward to it...

Glad I’m not the only one getting the citrus notes - ha, there’s hope for me yet :)

Even like the honey colour in the cup when making a flat white lol

Earthy but in a good way, hmm Indonesia

keep calm and grind flat

My guess would be their Colombia El Obraje Geisha?

I had a cheeky look on their site to look for cola notes, saw their Columbia Aponte Cherry & was convinced that was it... However as it's not a washed Columbian I was clearly wrong! :D

I'll take a punt at a Burundi Natural!

That's cheating!!!!!

You're fired

I had a cheeky look on their site to look for cola notes, saw their Columbia Aponte Cherry & was convinced that was it... However as it's not a washed Columbian I was clearly wrong! :D

I'll take a punt at a Burundi Natural!

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

That's cheating!!!!!

You're fired

Oh I thought that was just ingenuity :D :D :D