fatboyslim

LSOL November - Triple Co Roast [Bristol]

I did a Kalita brew of these this morning and they were lovely... raisintastic

GS3 and Versalab M3; Vario Home, Aeropress and Kalita Wave

Mine arrived too, many thanks all for organising

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 113Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

I've just picked mine up from the post office.... Already impressed - 25% lifetime discount code!!! Top work from Triple Co Roast!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this!

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

And once you taste this that discount seems even better value. V60 this morning...beautiful, getting a tea like floral vibe and maybe a bit of dry fruit sweetness.

I've just picked mine up from the post office.... Already impressed - 25% lifetime discount code!!! Top work from Triple Co Roast!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this!

Mine arrived this morning, was going to say make sure you all check the inside of the box for the discount code but looks like you beat me to it!!

Thanks to your good self and @fatboyslim for organising :)

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

Having sampled this previously, I would say it's tasting a bit fresh as filter. Try to leave it a few days if you have other coffee to drink.

Has anyone tried this in espresso yet?

Be interested to hear thoughts and recipe etc, I’m away with work till Wednesday so haven’t had a chance to try yet.

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Yes. 4 yesterday at work but I just used the recipe from the last beans as 2 were for clients and i didn't have a chance to dial them in. Ok, buy not great. On my home setup I've just had a lovely flat white. 18 to 42 in about 41s including 14s preinfusion. The profile is 2 bar for 14s then 9 bar declining to 6 bar. 93.5 degrees. The sweetness has really come out to balance the tea like sharpness.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

If the last few LSOLs are anything to go by I'm going (to try) to stay strong and hold off opening these for a while.

That said I thought the Long & Short and Cartwheel Ethiopians were insane, and at their best very early on so you never know.

Niche Zero || Feld2 || Aergrind

Profitec Pro 500 PID || Acaia Lunar

Kalita Wave || V60 || Aeropress || Clever Dripper || French Press

Well, I made a V60 earlier using the EK pretty much wide open (Turkish burrs). Very gluggable and smooth. Trying to make out any smells. Got my nose stuck in the cocktail shaker I use on the EK, and was trying to put a name to what I was smelling. No luck, nothing sprang to mind except the blue liquorish allsorts.. Made a juicy brew anyway. Wil have to tighten the grind slightly and maybe make one for my morning cuppa.
That absolutely smells like liquorice when ground, spot on!

LR - Ceado E37S; Baratza Preciso; Aergrind; Comandante MK3 - Syphon & V60 - patience

That absolutely smells like liquorice when ground, spot on!

YAY!! My nose-thurls thank you. I thought I was going batty trying to work out what it was..

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Hmmm nom nom nom. Almost chewable brew this morning. Much tastier today :D

I'm staring at an empty hopper and will probably take the burrs out for a clean today. I'm guessing it's too early to try this as espresso?

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I'm staring at an empty hopper and will probably take the burrs out for a clean today. I'm guessing it's too early to try this as espresso?

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Might be about time. I’ll be out of beans within a couple of days, so I’m curious to see how everyone else gets on!

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II // Macap MXD //

Am yet to receive mine. Were they sent RM 2nd class by any chance?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Am yet to receive mine. Were they sent RM 2nd class by any chance?

Yeah they were. You should have gotten them by now though!

Yeah they were. You should have gotten them by now though!
I've had stuff sent 48hr take a week before though for some unknown reason it went via the Outer Hebrides! 2nd class seems to eirher get to me quickly or it takes a week. Fingers crossed it's the latter & not lost.

Bizarre. There on earth do you live?!
London. Think they still have a bit of a backlog left over from the last strike!

London. Think they still have a bit of a backlog left over from the last strike!

Must do - even us Scots got our coffee quicker than you

Must do - even us Scots got our coffee quicker than you
It arrived!

Hey guys!

My name is Jo, I’m the roaster and owner at Triple Co. Super awesome reading everyone’s comments, glad you guys are enjoying it. Looking forward to more feedback and revealing the coffee!

Let me know if you have any questions!