MildredM

CFUK LAC 2018 Grand Awards Ceremony and Honours Night!

What do you mean WE !! ?

I will go back and edit my speach.... and nobody will ever know !!!

Seriously, I am having some strange happenings when attempting to edit my original 'speech' post so if I may, I will formally recognise the kindness of @Jony and his kind donation of a tenners worth of beans to the WINNER, @joey24dirt. right HERE !!

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

There’s always one :) :) :)

now I’m feeling stupid

Thank you Snakehips for your rousing speech. And thank you for your thanks too :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Oh my, what a wild ride this year has been!

Joey, I'm sorting out a little something for you for your efforts 😃

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

fe8dc5e909aaddca8489a9dff401f7fe.jpg

I’d like to say a huge thank you to @MildredM for all of the effort that she put into keeping the LAC running smoothly, and for my amazing bar towel :)

Well done to everyone who to part and contributed. What a great community we have here!!

I think the LAC has been a great learning curve for me, I only got my machine in August and well let’s just say I’ve still not really learnt how to do latte art, BUT I’m heading in the right direction and I’ve come on leaps and bounds since the challenge started.

fousand fulminant fanfares!

We shall raise our glasses and salute @MildredM @Glenn and all me fellow pourers as well as the voters and viewers of this thrilling spectacle!!

(applauding)

Any chance of pics of the prizes & some acceptance speeches?

I actually sold the tamper a week before the final, so having to make a new one

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Massive thanks to all involved. What a truly glorious event this was, and I feel privileged to have been involved and even to win the thing (£5 in the post for all who voted )

So now this is official, I’ve added it to my CV, quit my job, and now working full time as a barista down my local cafe

Oh and to all wondering, @Jony paid up haha. Thank you matey much appreciated

Just leaves me to thank my darling wife and kids, her for leaving me alone to giggle and sweat in the kitchen for 45MINS, and the kids for staying asleep when I needed them to

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Ladies and Gentlemen!!

Attention please for @joey24dirt 's acceptance speech:

I actually sold the tamper a week before the final, so having to make a new one

fousand fulminant fanfares!

We shall raise our glasses and salute @MildredM @Glenn and all me fellow pourers as well as the voters and viewers of this thrilling spectacle!!

(applauding)

And we too will raise our cups (in the morning) to YOU! Thanks for being a great sport, @Hasi, and for all the laughs you brought along the way :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Oh my, what a wild ride this year has been!

It has been fantastic! I have enjoyed every pour and post!!

Joey, I'm sorting out a little something for you for your efforts 

Fantastic :)

This has been fantastic, thanks everyone!

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

I’m a bit surprised no one mentioned my beautiful frock :) :)

88fe61e9cb236185b4d757e833ccf29b.jpgfe85d779d53ff37a9ce026d7635f46f0.jpg

Just a couple of pics of the generosity and community spirit of the forum. You guys!

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

Have followed this all the way through and resounding thought was that everyone who entered showed "forum spirit" ( hopefully no one who got knocked out is currently taking it all to seriously, although have heard @joey24dirt is now growing a beard.... :) )

Seriously, well done all competing and thanks all for organising, has provided many an amusing moment as well as some close calls.

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

Sorry to miss the ceremony...

So this arrived from the post office. Just wow! You guys are the best - the level of effort put in is amazing. Thanks @Snakehips and @MildredM

I shall of course treasure my cup. And practise hard for next year's contest.

Have a great weekend lovely coffee people!

20181110_093350.jpg

I really enjoyed following the LAC, and am looking forward to next year’s event already :)

I’ve just realised the art in the pictures is the actual art that was poured!! So cool

@SkateReclaimCreate

I’ve just realised the art in the pictures is the actual art that was poured!! So cool

That @snakehios eh! A stickler for detail ;)

That should say @Snakehips ^^^ and I can’t edit because the forum seems to be down?

(It was a long night!)

Sorry to miss the ceremony...

So this arrived from the post office. Just wow! You guys are the best - the level of effort put in is amazing. Thanks @Snakehips and @MildredM

I shall of course treasure my cup. And practise hard for next year's contest.

Have a great weekend lovely coffee people!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37369[/ATTACH]

Anyone think Snake could get a job as a counterfeiter? :) :)

dd46d5832925669c3a5344103fe03013.jpg

Well spotted Joey !!

If you only new how long it took to create, you'd have me locked up.

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels