Coffee Forums banner

CFUK LAC 2018 Grand Awards Ceremony and Honours Night!

7K views 61 replies 15 participants last post by  MildredM 
#1 ·
45075679714_fdd49cbd4c_c.jpg

The CFUK LAC 2018 Awards Ceremony - tonite!!

See you soon
:)

See less See more
#11 ·
43983886800_6c28d69624_c.jpg

Settle down now, take your seats - you at the back, yes YOU - turn that blinking phone off and concentrate. The forum can cope without your input for 5 minutes. What's that? Someone wants to know how to..... just tell them as long as it's tasty/hot/wet then they've cracked it!

On with the show!

Welcome one and all (or probably just the odd one) to the CFUK Latte Art Challenge Awards and Honours and general showing off ceremony.

It gives me great pleasure to hand you over to your host for the evening - our very own @Snakehips . . .

#18 ·
Good Evening… Ladies and Gentlemen!

And a very warm welcome to this, the CFUK Latte Art Challenge 2018 Awards Ceremony.

Before we get things underway, I think it only right and proper to pass on some sincere thanks to people, without whom this fabulous event would never have got off the ground.

Firstly, thanks to joey24dirt for looking to revive this event, for his generosity in donating the major prize and for his perseverance in rustling up the necessary sixteen competitors.

Secondly, thanks to each and every one of those sixteen competitors who were duped into thinking that for the sake of pouring a couple cheeky rosettas they could be walking away with a Skate Reclaim Create tamper. Banter has been given and taken in equal measure and in good spirit.

Thirdly, thanks to @Glenn for allowing us to use the forum for such fun and frolics.

Fourthly, and on a more personal note, my thanks to Dermot O'Leary, Emma Willis, Stephen Fry and Eamon Holmes, to name but a few, who apparently were otherwise engaged and thus lead to my being offered the opportunity, albeit at short notice, to host this award ceremony.

Well that seems to have covered just about all of us, I think, unless of course there's anybody I've left out?

Oh yes!!!

Fifthly and finally…….. but not leastly, thanks must go to the ever competent and enthusiastic, MildredM for stepping up and doing such a splendid job in organising the whole event! And if I may say so…. hasn't she scrubbed up well !!!!!

So without more ado……. on to the prizes.

I notice that there are one or two empty chairs, what with Friday night being down the pub night but hopefully, all of our prizewinners are here ?

As I can attest to personally, nerves played a significant part in the early rounds. The random head to head matches meant that some good pours were voted off early but overall, I think it's fair to say that talent and confidence eventually shone through and the cream rose to the top. (Boom boom !)

First up is the Wooden Spoon. Not just any old wooden spoon of course but one kindly donated and lovingly whittled, from one of their next door neighbour's fence posts, by Midred's Ian.

The Wooden Spoon for first contestant to be eliminated in round one goes to @arellim

Next, we have The Max Bygraves Cup with the winner having had to suffer the ignominy of their second round tulip being voted the worst pour of the round 2's losers. Congratulations to @Mattius2 for being such a good sport.

MildredM's special Sympathy Bar Towel goes to @Diggy87 for no other reason than she felt sorry for him!

The final produced some great pours from mmmatron and joey24dirt and early on, the poll re was neck and neck before Joey edged ahead.

So mmmatron is crowned Tamper Queen and receives a commemorative Limited Edition MildredM bar towel.

That just leaves us with the top spot……….

The CFUK LAC Champion of 2018 ….. receiving a commemorative Limited Edition MildredM bar towel and (briefly*) his own flipping tamper…. is joey24dirt.

Congratulations Joey !!

And once again well done to all who took part.

*SPLENDID BREAKING NEWS joey24dirt has kindly passed his tamper on to our Tamper Queen, mmmatron!

#26 ·
Snakehips said:
What do you mean WE !! ?

I will go back and edit my speach.... and nobody will ever know !!!
Seriously, I am having some strange happenings when attempting to edit my original 'speech' post so if I may, I will formally recognise the kindness of @Jony and his kind donation of a tenners worth of beans to the WINNER, @joey24dirt. right HERE !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.