MildredM

CFUK LAC 2018 Grand Awards Ceremony and Honours Night!

45075679714_fdd49cbd4c_c.jpg

The CFUK LAC 2018 Awards Ceremony - tonite!!

See you soon :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

I’m scared and probably going to be scarred

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Do I need to hire a tux? Bring a date? Hire a limo?

Yes., yes & yes !

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Surely not. probably.

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Whatever you are - it's best overalls tonight, please!! And I trust you have your speech ready ;)

Edited by MildredM

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Do I need to hire a tux? Bring a date? Hire a limo?

I'll be your date, Jacko112 (just don't tell Snake!!) :)

Yes., yes & yes !

YES!? Sorry! I'm taken!!!!!

Surely not. probably.

I AM!!! Join the queue, matey!

YES!? Sorry! I'm taken!!!!!

Are you the tux, the date or the limo then?

43983886800_6c28d69624_c.jpg

Settle down now, take your seats - you at the back, yes YOU - turn that blinking phone off and concentrate. The forum can cope without your input for 5 minutes. What's that? Someone wants to know how to..... just tell them as long as it's tasty/hot/wet then they've cracked it!

On with the show!

Welcome one and all (or probably just the odd one) to the CFUK Latte Art Challenge Awards and Honours and general showing off ceremony.

It gives me great pleasure to hand you over to your host for the evening - our very own @Snakehips . . .

Are you the tux, the date or the limo then?

A flipping two-timing.........well.... well.....never mind.... that's what she is!!

Ooooooo ! Maybe NOT ! I think I've cracked it! ;.). ^^^^^^

A flipping two-timing.........well.... well.....never mind.... that's what she is!!

Well timed indeed . . . am I posting now, Snake, or are you?!!!

Well timed indeed . . . am I posting now, Snake, or are you?!!!

Shall I ?

I’m here but the rugrats are still up and causing chaos so I’ll be popping in and out

(applauding)

(just in case)

While Snake find his carefully prepared speech here's a reminder of the heats -

31929228708_a088d46981_c.jpg

Good Evening… Ladies and Gentlemen!

And a very warm welcome to this, the CFUK Latte Art Challenge 2018 Awards Ceremony.

Before we get things underway, I think it only right and proper to pass on some sincere thanks to people, without whom this fabulous event would never have got off the ground.

Firstly, thanks to joey24dirt for looking to revive this event, for his generosity in donating the major prize and for his perseverance in rustling up the necessary sixteen competitors.

Secondly, thanks to each and every one of those sixteen competitors who were duped into thinking that for the sake of pouring a couple cheeky rosettas they could be walking away with a Skate Reclaim Create tamper. Banter has been given and taken in equal measure and in good spirit.

Thirdly, thanks to @Glenn for allowing us to use the forum for such fun and frolics.

Fourthly, and on a more personal note, my thanks to Dermot O’Leary, Emma Willis, Stephen Fry and Eamon Holmes, to name but a few, who apparently were otherwise engaged and thus lead to my being offered the opportunity, albeit at short notice, to host this award ceremony.

Well that seems to have covered just about all of us, I think, unless of course there’s anybody I’ve left out?

Oh yes!!!

Fifthly and finally…….. but not leastly, thanks must go to the ever competent and enthusiastic, MildredM for stepping up and doing such a splendid job in organising the whole event! And if I may say so…. hasn’t she scrubbed up well !!!!!

So without more ado……. on to the prizes.

I notice that there are one or two empty chairs, what with Friday night being down the pub night but hopefully, all of our prizewinners are here ?

As I can attest to personally, nerves played a significant part in the early rounds. The random head to head matches meant that some good pours were voted off early but overall, I think it’s fair to say that talent and confidence eventually shone through and the cream rose to the top. (Boom boom !)

First up is the Wooden Spoon. Not just any old wooden spoon of course but one kindly donated and lovingly whittled, from one of their next door neighbour’s fence posts, by Midred’s Ian.

The Wooden Spoon for first contestant to be eliminated in round one goes to @arellim

Next, we have The Max Bygraves Cup with the winner having had to suffer the ignominy of their second round tulip being voted the worst pour of the round 2’s losers. Congratulations to @Mattius2 for being such a good sport.

MildredM’s special Sympathy Bar Towel goes to @Diggy87 for no other reason than she felt sorry for him!

The final produced some great pours from mmmatron and joey24dirt and early on, the poll re was neck and neck before Joey edged ahead.

So mmmatron is crowned Tamper Queen and receives a commemorative Limited Edition MildredM bar towel.

That just leaves us with the top spot……….

The CFUK LAC Champion of 2018 ….. receiving a commemorative Limited Edition MildredM bar towel and (briefly*) his own flipping tamper…. is joey24dirt.

Congratulations Joey !!

And once again well done to all who took part.

*SPLENDID BREAKING NEWS joey24dirt has kindly passed his tamper on to our Tamper Queen, mmmatron!

Psssst Snake. We’ve forgotten to mention @Jony and his wonderfully kind donation of a tenners worth of beans to the WINNER :)

Any chance of pics of the prizes & some acceptance speeches?

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Psssst Snake. We’ve forgotten to mention @Jony and his wonderfully kind donation of a tenners worth of beans to the WINNER :)

What do you mean WE !! ?

I will go back and edit my speach.... and nobody will ever know !!!

A reminder of the final round!

297a25fcc8424c885921380782427b19.jpg

(still applauding)

(still applauding)

There’s always one :) :) :)