LukeH

Lost pressure on Gaggia Classic after descale

Hi

At the weekend I descaled my Gaggia Classic as it was coming up for 3 months since last time. I've had the machine from new for about four years and regularly descale.

However, after this last time I am now no longer getting anywhere near the pressure I need for it to push a cup of coffee through. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Just to note, a few days previously I removed the piece you remove with an Allen key to clean it and it worked fine after that so I don't THINK it has to do with that.

Would really appreciate any help or advice to get my little machine back to good Health!

Which piece with the allen screws ? The dispersion disc in the brew head or the solenoid on the side of the machine?

As you de-scaled it could possibly be a speck of scale partially blocking the solenoid valve.

Which piece with the allen screws ? The dispersion disc in the brew head or the solenoid on the side of the machine?

As you de-scaled it could possibly be a speck of scale partially blocking the solenoid valve.

Thanks a lot El carajillo.

I think the dispersion disc. The circular metal bit that the water comes through.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. Based on this and a recommendation from Gaggia I will descale again and use shorter sharper bursts on the pump to see if it dislodges anything in there.

I can let you guys know if that does the trick.

Sounds like a blocked solenoid valve. Search threads on here for more details of how to fix it. Fiddly but fairly simple job.