sanadsaad

Vesuvius: New owner, advice?

I had the same.. the first shot I pulled with the same grind and same beans as Mythos / ECM combo gave me an americano instead of an espresso :waiting:

I’m still getting to grips with long preinfusion as I’m a newbie - though in general I do find the machine consistent.

I’m grinding so much finer than previous machines and I’m finding this is less tolerant of beans that aren’t super-fresh. To be honest this may have more to do with the 15g vst I’m using though I’m sticking with it for a while just because I’m a glutton for punishment

I’m still getting to grips with long preinfusion as I’m a newbie - though in general I do find the machine consistent.

I’m grinding so much finer than previous machines and I’m finding this is less tolerant of beans that aren’t super-fresh. To be honest this may have more to do with the 15g vst I’m using though I’m sticking with it for a while just because I’m a glutton for punishment

Yep that 15g vst is a bitch

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Hi @DavecUK can you confirm the 18g VST basket clears the standard naked portafilter? I’m sure I’ve read some foul the sides with messy results? Or maybe it was the 20g.

I use an 18g VST in a naked...but the V when using a long preinfusion has always required a much finer grind. This gentle push on the puck doesn't compact it in the same way as non profiling machines. On the Niche as I posted before, I find it's around 3-5 marks finer depending on coffee and basket type. It will give you much more from the coffee and will show up much more defects in roasting. For the lighter roasts it can get a lot more out...which is generally what you would want.

Recieved my Vesuvius two weeks ago, moving on from two years with a silvia, I feel spoiled rotten. I should say thanks for the buying advice, great value for money.

2017 Rancilio Silvia + Rocky

2018 Rancilio Silvia + modded SJ

2019 ACS Vesuvius sequential warm up, IMS 18g Basket + modded SJ

Hi @DavecUK can you confirm the 18g VST basket clears the standard naked portafilter? I’m sure I’ve read some foul the sides with messy results? Or maybe it was the 20g.

Recieved my Vesuvius two weeks ago, moving on from two years with a silvia, I feel spoiled rotten. I should say thanks for the buying advice, great value for money.

Yes 18g vst is fine

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

I’ve use an 18g VST ridgeless in mine.

@Glenn

any chance we could have a Vesuvius sub section in the machines section?

Most probably Elcor/ACS but not sure we have so many vesuvius/minima owners

GaggiaEnthusiast

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

I wish I could but I don't have a Vesuvius NP, I use a 15 year old cut down Izzo PF.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

@DavecUK

i remember seeing a machine cleaning step by step sheet that either you wrote or you recommended. I’ve got no idea where it was. Any chance of a link?

Cheers.

External case, Group, generic or specifically for the V? I have written so many helpful guides I forget.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I’ve use an 18g VST ridgeless in mine.

Me too - fits fine

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

It was the 20g you read about. It creeps along the bottom and sometimes along the handle. I use the 18g now but when I do use the 20g it is always with the spouted one because of this.

Espresso : Vesuvius Steel Pipework, Londinium L1, Ponte Vecchio Lusso  Grinders : EK43 & Titus alignment tool, Compak E10, Mazzer Royal, Niche Zero Black, Macap MC7 Deli, OE Pharos, Hausgrind, Feldgrind, Feld 47

https://www.kaffeeculture.co.uk

External case, Group, generic or specifically for the V? I have written so many helpful guides I forget.

Group and V specific would be good if you can lay your hands on them without too much trouble.

much appreciated :good:

Group and V specific would be good if you can lay your hands on them without too much trouble.

much appreciated :good:

i found this very helpful descaling info the other day. Bottom of page 1.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vesuvius/viewtopic.php?t=196&amp=1

2017 Rancilio Silvia + Rocky

2018 Rancilio Silvia + modded SJ

2019 ACS Vesuvius sequential warm up, IMS 18g Basket + modded SJ

Most probably Elcor/ACS but not sure we have so many vesuvius/minima owners

Quite a few more of us now with the recent Vesuvius deals from Paolo

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

Quite a few more of us now with the recent Vesuvius deals from Paolo

...and the LM owners got a section added recently so we must be in with a chance?

...and the LM owners got a section added recently so we must be in with a chance?

Especially with the numbers of variable profiles that people are using. Could be useful to share what is working well for light, med, dark, how different pre infusions affect the taste etc.. bit like the one Decent has for their owners.

Great though the LM’s are, and i almost went for a mini, theres not as much to discuss as the V I’m sure ;)

I know there is a V forum on Tapatalk but this one is more active.

Espresso : Vesuvius Steel Pipework, Londinium L1, Ponte Vecchio Lusso  Grinders : EK43 & Titus alignment tool, Compak E10, Mazzer Royal, Niche Zero Black, Macap MC7 Deli, OE Pharos, Hausgrind, Feldgrind, Feld 47

https://www.kaffeeculture.co.uk

I've created this sub-section

Please let me know if the title needs expanding to cover other models from the same supplier

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Boom

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)