MildredM

Poll: Joey24dirt v mmmatron 2018 GRAND FINAL

Who should be crowned CFUK LAC Champ 2018?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be crowned CFUK LAC Champ 2018?

• mmmatron
    • Joey24dirt

This is the poll to determine the CFUK Latte Art Challenge Champion for 2018.

The poll will be open for 5 days. Please make sure to vote by 9pm Wednesday 7th November.

The Grand Final Challenge at 8pm 2nd November was for 2 pours - a tulip and a free-pour. Here are their entries:

@mmmatron

45635796312_643cb211ce_z.jpg

45635796082_947631943f_z.jpg

@joey24dirt

44961509064_5da4f88525_z.jpg

44961508564_fd09466502_z.jpg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

And here they are all together!

30745574627_0519bf49e2_c.jpg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Wow! This is genuinely a really tough call!!

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

Wow! This is genuinely a really tough call!!

It really IS! All four pours are excellent and deserve a 10!!!

It really IS! All four pours are excellent and deserve a 10!!!

A 10?! I can only vote once!!

Wow excellent pours.

Sage Dual Boiler. Baratza 270. Sage Smart Grinder Pro. 18g Vst ridgeless. Motta Competition Tamper 58.4mm. Aeropress.

Great pours guys!!

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Both are brilliant, well done!

Baseline: Bodum Arabica French Press, Pact pre-ground // Gotta start somewhere!

June-18: Gaggia Classic (2007) w/usual refinements; VST basket; Fiorenzato F5 w/lens hood mod.

Sep-18: Espro Ultralight Travel Press // Not cheap, but worth every cent.

Oct-18: ACS Minima Beta, Niche Zero. Pullman 18g basket & Big Step // Livin' the dream

Dang. It's mostly about beans, and consistency.

Ooh Joey’s pulling away, it’s that awesome swan!

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

Massively impressive. Well done both.

Wonderful pours and a great competition... unfortunately only one lucky person can win - which is a shame as there were many deserving pours along the way and many individuals who should consider themselves “winners” with their art.

You’ve all seen my attempt in R1 and I’m afraid I’m not one of them - as I’ve said before, Terry Wogan’s latte art was better than mine - and it still is, bless his soul. ;-)

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

Wonderful pours and a great competition... unfortunately only one lucky person can win - which is a shame as there were many deserving pours along the way and many individuals who should consider themselves “winners” with their art.

You’ve all seen my attempt in R1 and I’m afraid I’m not one of them - as I’ve said before, Terry Wogan’s latte art was better than mine - and it still is, bless his soul. ;-)

At least you had the plums to enter & there's a whole year of practice before next year!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

It’s been a really enjoyable competition. I’d encourage others to join in next time, it’s been great fun. @Mrboots2u did it without a machine!

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

Yeah I’ll 2nd that. Hats off to all who have entered. Some brilliant pours along the way.

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Sage bambino plus & smart grinder

@SkateReclaimCreate

At least you had the plums to enter & there's a whole year of practice before next year!

Indeed and in the words of the great man himself, “I’ll be back!”

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

It really has been GREAT!!! Everyone has been such a good sport :)

I heard a rumour there’s a Christmas Latte Art Showdown coming up next month ;) Keep practicing everyone!

It really has been GREAT!!! Everyone has been such a good sport :)

I heard a rumour there’s a Christmas Latte Art Showdown coming up next month ;) Keep practicing everyone!

My “fat snowman” is coming on nicely...

Only a couple of days left to vote. It looks like @joey24dirt has pulled away but every vote counts! Vote now if you haven’t already :)

7dfee1fc580cb74451cbacf299853f18.jpg

Huge congratulations @joey24dirt :)

CFUK LAC Champion 2018!

Huge congrats to you too @mmmatron - your pours were as good as they get! You are also a champ in my eyes :)

I know I am a little early but I couldn't wait any longer! The final thread in this year's comp will be the Awards Ceremony on Friday - pics of various prizes can be shared, more pats on backs administered, and probably a good bit of banter and hilarity will ensue!

d00eef27f9698312fea9c9fe7b01d068.jpg

d00eef27f9698312fea9c9fe7b01d068.jpg

Over 4 hours left! Was the miscalled dead heat so long ago?

Congrats Joey & Mmmatron.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Huge congratulations @joey24dirt :)

CFUK LAC Champion 2018!

Huge congrats to you too @mmmatron - your pours were as good as they get! You are also a champ in my eyes :)

I know I am a little early but I couldn't wait any longer! The final thread in this year's comp will be the Awards Ceremony on Friday - pics of various prizes can be shared, more pats on backs administered, and probably a good bit of banter and hilarity will ensue!

@Glenn I hope there’s a badge for that

Aw yay Received my bar towel today too, so a great day so far. Thanks @mmmatron for an excellent final and thanks all who took part.

Huge thanks to @MildredM for running the show. Couldn’t have done it without you

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Sage bambino plus & smart grinder

@SkateReclaimCreate