Ordered a Caggia Base on Monday evening and arrived yesterday. Quick delivery, best price I could find on the net and they also answered my email querey quickly.

Caggia Classic with IMS Shower Plate - Brass Shower Plate Holder - Rancilia Steam Wand - OPV Mod - Compaq K3 Touch - Crema Pro 58mm Tamper - Currently drinking CC Sweet Bourbon

Hope it don't go wrong. I've heard nothing but bad reviews about this company.

Well...its just a base that the grinder & machine sit on. A standard Caggia product. It was packaged well, came very quickly considering it was Christmas and was by far the best price I could find anywhere on the net! Just so you know I am not affiliated with My Espresso in any way. Just passing on my expieriences to the forum.

Caggia Classic with IMS Shower Plate - Brass Shower Plate Holder - Rancilia Steam Wand - OPV Mod - Compaq K3 Touch - Crema Pro 58mm Tamper - Currently drinking CC Sweet Bourbon

I ordered my Elektra machine on the Tuesday and it arrived on the Wednesday. The price was the cheapest around (Caffe Italia did it for same price but didnt want to order from there). I had a query about using the machine so I phoned and the guy gave me the answer. So far so good I have to say.

Elektra Micro Casa Leva machine/Ascaso i2 steel grinder/Bialetti moka pots/Aeropress and Bodum (for office)/Caffe Ginevra cups/Coffee Compass Malawi roasts/ :coffee:

I ordered a stainless twin drawer base from them. It arrived damaged. They would not refund the postage cost to me. Not impressed. Avoid. The conversation with the owner on the telephone was also rather abrupt; actually no, he was rude. I am sure that if nothing goes amiss, purchasing from myespresso will be fine. If something does happen, Caveat Emptor.

You would think the owner would learn from the bad reputation that he has but it doesn't seem to make any difference. If an item arrive damaged I think the retailer should be taking responsibility for it.

Sent from my ICS Touchpad with Tapatalk

Roy & Alex & The Maestro & Herman ze Hausgrind

He is only damaging his repeat business

Hello

We were quiet (sic) willing to exchange the damaged item, you cancelled the

order, keeping the rest of the order, so no refund on the postage.

I had paid for carriage on two items, one of which was damaged. I returned the damaged item at a cost of £10 to me and told him I did not want an exchange. He refused to reimburse me for the cost of returning the damaged item.

Unfortunately he also seems quite unaware of both the Sale of Goods Act and the Distance Selling Regualtions. Not terribly clever for an online retailer.

Hope nothing goes wrong with my Elektra based on your experience dougl. What a pain this must be for you.

I looked at buying my grinder from there but opted for Fairfax

Elektra Micro Casa Leva machine/Ascaso i2 steel grinder/Bialetti moka pots/Aeropress and Bodum (for office)/Caffe Ginevra cups/Coffee Compass Malawi roasts/ :coffee:

thanks for the feedback was looking at their Silvia prices and seems the cheapest but not worth the saving if the service is bad.

What's your top budget snegger? Have you thought about a Piccino? http://www.thecoffeebean-vanandroaster.co.uk/Coffee-at-Home.html

Andy

https://thecoffeebean-vanandroaster.co.uk/

[email protected] 

Toper Cafemino - Fracino Contempo Dual - Fracino K3 - Piaggio Ape............fresh beans!:)

2 thing persuaded me to shell out on a Piccino rather than a Silvia or a classic. Having 2 boilers means that I have steam on demand whenever the machine is on. The mrs & the kids are big on milk based drinks and not having to switch the boiler's mode is one less thing to think about. It's probably not a huge inconvenience switching back and forth but always having both options always ready is really nice. Local () & excellent customer service is huge. If/when something goes wrong I can get the machine fixed immediately & don't get lumbered with £50 courier fees like I used to with my Gaggia super auto. I was sold on getting a Silvia for a while but in the end I was chosing between a classic and the Piccino.

Oh and I could get it in the mrs' favourite colour which got the other 1/2 on board with the outlay.

the Silvia is really more than I wanted to spend,wish I could support a British business and that machine looks great too but just too much for me sadly.

Also not the cheapest place to get it from either, BTW

lot of places cheaper for it including myespresso by over a hundred quid (with there bad service record which I have only bought one thing off but had no problems)

Absolute cowboys, rude, extremely poor( if any) customer service, can't rebuild rebuild a Silvia properly. I genuinely hope they go out of business, by far THE worst company I have ever had the displeasure to deal with....... My blood is boiling at the thought now so I shall go no further but can I plead that everyone avoid!

I ordered a few bits from them a while back including a Silvia wand. The chap I spoke to seemed a little short and not overly enthusiastic as per my normal experience talking to coffee retailers but I had no problem with the transaction. He asked me to phone him once I received the Silvia wand to explain how to fit it which I did and he was quite clear with his instructions. No major issues here. Would I buy a machine from them with confidence? If money wasn't an issue then I'd probably go for a retailer that's been overly helpful as I would feel more confident speaking to them should anything go wrong. Good customer service goes a long way in my book.

Edited by Pablo

Bought new burrs for my Macap MC4 from myespresso after trying other companies who say they will ring back and don't.

Burrs were ordered from Italy, I was phoned when they arrived and recieved them the next day.

Thumbs up from me.

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

Also have had some 'interesting' experiences with this company including postage refunds, strange/rude service etc... would not use again.

The gulf between these guys and someone like BellaBarista is immense.

Fracino Cherub Stainless, VST baskets, Eureka Mignon. Knock VST Tamper, a few motta tampers. Various press/moka pots, Aeropress, Baraza Virtuoso Preciso at work

I specifically avoided these guys when buying my fracino. Too many concerns over lack of factory warranty

Eureka Mignon Specialita - Expobar Brewtus IV-R - Motta Competition 58.4mm Tamper - 17g LM Strada - IMS Screen - Inker Cups

I got my Silvia from there, terrible aftersales service (Very rude on the phone). There was an issue with the machine, I sent it back and had to pay the postage. I phoned them up 4-5 days later to see what was wrong with it, the guy replied saying that he doesn’t know its in the workshop. I then said when they find out to let me know he grumbled something to me then hung up. I phoned up the next day asking again and he didn’t know, then phoned back an hour or so later saying they replaced the boiler and was being returned, then a few days later the machine came back fixed, after paying £15 postage with no apology or anything.

Home: Mahlkonig K30 Air, Rocket R58, Rapha Tamper, 18g and 20g VST baskets.

Work: Porlex Mini and Aeropress

Beans: Only freshly roasted......

Despite the reassurance from members recent dealings with this company, it was with some trepidation I ordered a Rancilio bottomless portafilter from them. Arrived next day, no problems! Perhaps they have learnt the error of their ways?

I personally never had a problem with him. Always delivered next day

Fits an e61 perfectly as well if you ever upgrade

Dealt with them since I had a Silvia, many moons ago, without any problems.

Ron 

I ordered my Rancilio steam arm for my classic from them with some other bits no issues at all! Wish i had known about cream supplies but goods were delivered as promised no issue!