Would you like a La Marzocco Mini subforum?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a La Marzocco Mini subforum?

• Yes - I own a La Marzocco Machine
    • Maybe - I'd be interested in learning more about them
    • No thanks

I rate the gs3 but not at the cost brand new, I benefited from face moving his gs3 on, they can be temperamental but I can honestly say it had been a pleasure to use daily, it’s up to temp in 10 mins and the saturated group holds the temperature and is very stable, which does make a difference if you want accuracy and repeatability. Still prefer the LR for espresso, but the GS3 has survived because of the other stuff it does and the wife doesn’t want to sell it on!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rate the gs3 but not at the cost brand new, I benefited from face moving his gs3 on, they can be temperamental

That sums it up nicely. if they were 3k cheaper, then I would probably have bought another when I bought the Nota but quote simply, in my humble, they are way way overpriced

Outmost is not a word........I am getting better, only 4 errors this time

They are eye wateringly expensive, but if you can pick up a good second hand one then it makes more sense.

Trouble is, there are a lot of people waiting for a sub £3K GS3. You have to be damn quick!!

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They are eye wateringly expensive, but if you can pick up a good second hand one then it makes more sense.

Trouble is, there are a lot of people waiting for a sub £3K GS3. You have to be damn quick!!

I was!

I bought a 6 month old GS3.....in fact nicked is probably a better description of the deal. I kept it for 2 weeks and moved it on. I simply thought it was just a n other machine. It looks nice in an odd kind of way, heated up fairly quickly, the temp stability would not bother anyone unless you have a queue......did it do anything any better than the next decent machine? Nope....I am old enough to remember the days when MG Midget owners always flashed headlights and waved to each other. perhaps thats where the smugness emanated from. How many GS3 owners ever had Midgets?

Do not get me wrong. they are canny but remove the hype, what do you have.....a flipping expensive (but not in my case) coffee machine? As owners, we all think our kit is ace and even more so when you own something that is desired by others. I own an Orchestral Nota.....is it the best machine in the world......definitely not but it will do for me.....I it desirable.....not in the slightest and I really hope it never catches on as I like being a member of a club with hardly anyone else in it!

That sums it up nicely. if they were 3k cheaper, then I would probably have bought another when I bought the Nota but quote simply, in my humble, they are way way overpriced

I won't be the one who tells you that it's not waaay overpriced. In fact I try to do not give an answer when someone see my machine at home and ask for the price. But what's not overpriced in the coffee world? Before choosing the GS3 I looked at the Speedster and Slayer... They double the price. They have no water tank and technical service isn't good here. This to sum up quickly.

It really is "another coffee machine", but say that I think it's a bit oversimplifying things. I don't think it's easy to find coffee machines with this price with paddle to control the pressure/flow. (Mine it's the MP not AV) Or you can get a Linea Mini and have a nice paddle which does nothing ;)

The Decent machines are absolutely cool (technical wise) but the DE1PRO is not exactly cheap. Hell, it cost €4000 and that thing in your kitchen will look like if you purchased one of those gimmick cheap espresso machines that you can find everywhere.

I had the Auto version. The paddle system does nothing for me at all. if I wanted to profile, I would have (another) Vesuvius....being serious though for a minute. They are really good machines and do everything you expect. the pride of owning one is immense but I cannot help but comeback to the price of them. I bought a 6 month old one from a known source and I paid £2150 for it. It must be fair to say that I think a lot of other people on here would have bought it at that price......but on this occasion I was first to contact them

I think that I had better smugly slip away and sling my hook! Bye!

Noooooooo, stay and play......it is soooo much fun!

If it’s gonng to be fun I will stay and play. Just need to go dust my coni first though. The flat is on duty this week and I don’t want the coni feeling left out. Before that - coffee. Which machine will it be . . . The L-R . . .

Could we just have a 'Smug owners' subforum and save all the comments for there?

But that wouldn't just cover LM owners would it.. :whistle:

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Customised Mazzer Major + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

The only requirement is you feel smug enough in your ownership to continually bang on about other brands being inferior and repeating that at regular intervals [emoji13]

Thats half the membership then........

The saturated group and not particular liking the E61 group is what make the GS3 of interest to me (but not at new prices). Possibly also the volumetric dosing but on my first attempt at getting that to work on the Vivaldi has failed and at home I'd probably want to adjust the ratio slightly day to day. On the subject of sub-forums, how about a Vesuvius forum or is that a no no because there's a dedicated forum?

The saturated group and not particular liking the E61 group is what make the GS3 of interest to me (but not at new prices). Possibly also the volumetric dosing but on my first attempt at getting that to work on the Vivaldi has failed and at home I'd probably want to adjust the ratio slightly day to day. On the subject of sub-forums, how about a Vesuvius forum or is that a no no because there's a dedicated forum?

Surely that would be within an ACS subforum?